Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 19, 2012
In this video I offer my thoughts on the Blurex Case for Asus Transformer Prime tf201.
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
Tried it on my ASUS TF700 tablet.
PROS:

1. The material looks good and the stitching was well done.
2. I like how soft the inside feels and it doesn't look tacky at all. Even the corners/tabs that hold the tablet have soft lining on the part that touches the tablet.
3. Fitted my tablet perfectly and snugly.
4. All ports (including charging port) are visible whether the case is open or closed.
5. Cameras are all visible too!
6. Does not add too much bulk. Pretty slim when closed.

CONS:

1. The snap tab used to close the case is not lined on the part that touches the tablet. I see this as a potential for scratching the tablet in the future.
2. Because it is a snap tab - instead of a flat, magnetic closure - I think that eventually, over time, it will get loose and not fit the tablet snugly.
3. There are 6 tabs that hold the tablet in place - 2 top corners, 2 middle sides, 2 bottom corners. IN ORDER TO TILT THE TABLET TO THE VIEWING ANGLE YOU WANT, YOU HAVE TO POP THE TABLET OUT OF THE 2 BOTTOM CORNER TABS - EVERY. TIME. Inconvenient and potential for wear and tear over time. Again, someday, it will get loose.
4. Adds a lot of weight to the tablet. I wouldn't recommend one-hand holding this for too long.
5. On the seller's pictures, there were 2 rows of 10 holes (total) in the back for the speaker. Mine only had a row of 6 holes.

That's about it. If you're looking for something temporary, this would be a good bet - for a good price too! But for using it permanently on your tablet? I would't recommend it.
on August 7, 2012
This is the second cover I have used for my Transformer tablet and by far the better of the two. This one keeps the tablet firmly in place. All of the control buttons are easily accessible.

It feels comfortable to me holding the table with this cover. Some I have tried just didn't feel right and also made the tablet seem bulky.

The stand feature is the only nit-picky complaint I have. This cover holds the tablet firmly, like I said. And sometimes it takes a bit of effort to get the bottom corners (in landscape mode) to "pop off" allowing the cover to swing back to use the stand. But better to have a tight fit. Reduces the chances of the tablet sliding or falling out.
on September 11, 2011
In our household, we've had 4 different tablets in the last year - Ipad, Xoom, Iconia and the best of them all, my Asus Transformer. As such, we've had a fair number of cases to use - my favorite is perhaps the least expensive - this Blurex leather case.

It has quality leather exterior that looks elegant and understated - suitable for business or personal use. The interior is felt lined. Stitching is good and consistent. Openings are where you want them. Are able to charge when the case is open or closed (surprisingly, not as universal a feature as you might otherwise expect in cases).

I like the leather wrapped clips that hold the tablet to the case they are sturdy and yet very unobtrusive as only a small portion of the screen is encased - while minimalist design, the placement and the sturdiness seem to offer better protection than the other cases I've owned, several of which have been much bulkier.

This case will also accommodate the optional TF dock, although doesn't close with the dock attached as the dock adds extra thickness which the case isn't designed for. That said, I don't use the case when I travel with the dock, as the dock makes the TF a clamshell that is self-protective.

For the price, this is an excellent case - well designed and good looking. I think Blurex has underpriced this case - I'd probably have paid double if they asked it.
on January 14, 2012
I've had this case out of the box for about an hour, and I am really loving it! The case feels great and fits the Transformer Prime snugly and securely. Along with the inside of the case having the grooves for propping up the tablet, the front cover has a crease which allows it to be folded under the tablet, providing the perfect angle for typing! This feature is not covered in the description or the manufacturer's photos, and is definitely an advantage over a standard folio case.

Pros:
-Nice-looking leather (possibly PU or PVC bonded leather, but still has a better look and feel than vinyl) for a very reasonable price.
-Good, snug fit. The case was definitely made just for the TF201.
-Microfiber interior is soft and will not scratch the back or screen of the tablet. (Since the screen is Gorilla Glass, this is hardly a concern to begin with...)

Cons:
-There is one minor imperfection in the back of the cover, a slight bump, from what I assume is a glob of glue. This is hardly noticeable, however, and does not affect the overall quality of the case.
-The clasp that keeps the case closed seems to hold well, but it does seem like the piece could break easily. I will update after a month or so and let you know how it is holding up.

The bottom line: If you want the added protection a nice leather case provides at a very low price, this Blurex case is absolutely wonderful!
review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2011
Just received my Blurex case for eee pad transformer TF101 today, and I love it. It is a very nice, professional looking case. The best thing about it is that since the tablet is held in by 6 small tabs (which seem to be very snug and secure), the case does not interfere with your fingers using the edges of the touchscreen like most others do. Also, this one has a nice cutout for the camera, and also one for the charger (most cases I've seen cover the docking/charger port when closed). This means you can charge the tablet with the case closed and also fold the case back and connect your keyboard/dock without removing the case. :-)
on July 4, 2012
When I first got my Toshiba Thrive I ordered a Blurex case because it was so thin. I recently switched over to the ASUS Transformer and immediately got another Blurex case. They work great, they are lightweight, and the hold up very well.
on July 31, 2012
I have this case for the Asus Infinity TF700, bought it on the first day the tablet was released so the price on the case was lower at the time. For what I paid, it is a fine case. Be warned, there is no real leather at all involved in this case: It's vinyl faux-leather, which is obvious because a little corner inside the clasp on mine started to come apart and the stretchy vinyl separated from the base fabric. It does fit the Infinity, though tightly. I especially like the angles that the stand holds the tablet and I like that it's a very slim fit, not adding too much bulk or weight. The cutouts for the ports and cameras fit fine. The little holes cutout for the speaker are about 1/2" off, but this is a non-issue when the case is open as a stand in landscape mode, because the speaker area on the tablet is uncovered by the case at this time. You don't have to take the tablet out of the case to use the keyboard dock, which is a plus. Not a bad case and does its job but don't expect anything fancy.
on January 20, 2012
I purchased this for my newly arrived tablet and was more than pleased with the fit and quality of the case. It fits securely and very well. I like how thin the case is and keeps to protect while not adding bulk and thickness. I also like that the stand setup keeps the outside of the case on the surface and not like some where the inside surface contacts the table surface. All ports and buttons are fully accessible without need to shift or move the cover. I like the closer mechanism as it keeps the case closed securely. No need for overlapping velcro or elastic bands like some other models. Lastly, the fact that I can dock this tablet to the keyboard when needed without removing the case is by far the best feature. I have not yet received the keyboard from Amazon but when I do, I will be happy to provide a review of the docking system. If you are deciding between types of cases, you don't have to think anymore. This is the best case, very secure and most of all thin and still versatile.
55 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
I've had this case for a while now and so far it has been pretty good. It covers all the areas that I wanted. Only a couple of flaws. When you open it and fold it back the edges slightly come out on the bent part. The biggest downfall is that you can't lay it down completely flat.Other than that works just as advertized.