5.0 out of 5 stars Transformers Prime R.I.D. Powerizer Dreadwing
Published on September 27, 2012 by HavokH85

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of dissappointing
Published 15 months ago by David R. Mullins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformers Prime R.I.D. Powerizer Dreadwing, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
I badmouthed Hasbro pretty good in my last review due to my frustrations about not releasing Breakdown in the U.S. But they have made up for it with the latest release, Powerizer DREADWING. As I stated in my review on the Cyberverse Dreadwing, Dreadwing is a character that is growing on me, and since then he has. I still prefer Skyquake but there is one element to Dreadwing I'm eating up. Though he is a Decepticon he makes you wonder if he's on the right side. He certianly has some traits worthy of an Autobot. Watch the episode Triangulation of Transformers Prime Season 2 and you'll see what I mean.

Like his twin Skyquake, Dreadwing transforms into a F-35 Modified slightly of course and sports a Blue Angels color scheme. Vehicle mode is great. Well within scale. Everything holds together really well. My one and only beef with this figure is his rear fins are super super soft and flimsy. Much like the Powerizer Starscream's knee spikes. Not to mention the fact they come a little bent straight out of the package due to packing.This is great for the kids being that they're less likely to sustain injury from those parts.Honestly there is no way possible you could get hurt on these fins being so flimsy.There is a little kibble on the bottom but as with all transformers Jets...that's been extremely hard to avoid. I do have some good news...it won't bring back memories of the Transformers Movie Voyager Starscream.Another thing that blows me away is the paint. It's not yellow trim, it's more of a golden metallic color. Looks amazing.

Transformation is wickedly fun. Hasbro has really been amazing me with the ingenuity they've been dumping into some of these bots. I just wish they would do that more often. Transformation is a bit more complex than Starscream. The legs are pie. But the chest and wings get a little crazy. Once you get used to it, it's not a problem. The first time can be frustrating.I wouldn't recommend transforming without instructions. Take your time,follow the directions or an online review on youtube. There's no shame.The one thing I love about his transformation...his wings fold up smaller. Yeah you don't have to worry about the big chunk of plastic on his back like the cyberverse Dreadwing.

Robot mode. Love it. Quite poseable. I haven't had any issues putting him in whatever pose I can think of. He will be top heavy if you attach the Powerizer weapon to his back. My advice...just leave it off.Everything holds together really well. Very screen accurate. I can't see anything that could be better. I've looked him over quite a few times and can't spot anything.Head sculpt is amazing.However the head is on big solid piece of rubbery plastic. Not too big of a deal to me. Paint apps...for once Hasbro got it right for the most part. Could have used a bit more detail on the head.

Overall, This is a great figure and another one that you need for your collection. Parents, If your child is under the age of seven, this is not a bot for them. It will be broke really quick. If your child is under seven go cyberverse Dreadwing. Way easier and more durable. Speaking of durability Powerizer Dreadwing is pretty durable but there's a few spots that's iffy.Anyway, that's all for now. Buy Dreadwing now.You won't be dissapointed.One more additional note.When converting to jet mode the wings can be a bit of a pain to snap in place. There is one tiny barely noticeable tab to be snapped in place at the top inside of the wings near the cockpit. Took me a while to figure that one out. Anyway awesome figure. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ravage 24/7, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
Dreadwing is one wicked cool powerizer!Dreadwing is right along side Megatron as the most kick-ass and well constructed transformer prime powerizer.The decepticon warior has awesome transformer prime series detail and articulation in robot and fighter jet mode.Dreadwing comes with a sweet blaster cannon that converts into a magnetar pulse blaster with cool energon glow.The powerizer weapon attaches securely to the forearm or back in robot mode and behind the cockpit section on the body of the fighter jet mode.Dreadwing is just as deadly in up close confrontations and comes with his signature sword as well that attaches securely in either hand and to the powerizer weapon in robot mode while attaching underneath the wing in fighter jet mode.All parts fit securely together during the transformation process for a very solid overall transformer as well.The poseability is outstanding with great stability for creating cool battle scenes or displaying where you please.The durability is excellent as well with secure joints and a solid build in robot or fighter jet mode.The transformation level is intermediate meaning if you have plenty of experience with transformers there is mid-level difficulty.If you are a parent buying for a child of 5-6 you will have to help them out some in the transformation process.Dreadwing can be challenging for the younger ages.To start off the arms rotate down with the hands rotating palm side out.The arms rotate back up as the forearm's rotate around once more.The tail piece with thrusters rotates down as the head piece flips up.The shoulder armor rotates upside down as the chest piece with cockpit rotates straight up.The nosecone will rotate up into place as the translucent yellow piece will rotate down into place under the cockpit section.Next the two pieces on each side of the nosecone fold in then slide back to connect.The head piece rotates down as the shoulder armor pieces fold inwards to connect on each side over the head piece.The wings then rotate down into place as does the back tail piece with thrusters.The legs will then rotate forward as the arms swing in and connect underneath the back tail piece.The legs will then swing back as the feet rotate in with the tail wings rotating around..The pelvis piece seperates in two and rotates forward to connect underneath behind the cockpit section.The leg pieces now rotate up to rest behind the wings.Dreadwing is now ready for flight.Dreadwing is one of the most badass decepticon's on the transformer's prime series and this is a great tribute to a great all around transformer character.Bottom line Transformers Prime Powerizer Dreadwing is a well-made,high quality,10 out of 10 transformer that all fans and collectors will enjoy.I highly recommend Transformers Prime Powerizer Dreadwing to all transformer fans and collectors out there.Dreadwing Rocks and Transformers Rule!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy, January 30, 2014
Jose (Riverside, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
Nice colors and the toy looks like the cartoon. Not easy to transform but more of a collectable for grown ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
I am very happy with this purchase, it was a gift for a friend and he loved it. I have one myself and I think it is one of the better figures produced. Great for fellow collectors and kids alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice job, January 3, 2014
Vinny (Deer Park, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
My son follows all the cartoons and movies, Is a huge transformers fan and absolutely loves the toy!!! Thank you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for kids or collectors, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
Great toy for my 5 year old son as well as collectors. Well constructed and transforms well. The originals from the 80s were obviously constructed with more solid materials, but this is a decent replica.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of dissappointing, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
I bought Dreadwing because I thought he had a great appearance in robot mode. His head sculpt is pretty awesome. When I received the box everything looked great. I opened it up and while in robot mode he was solid. But when I started transforming him I discovered that near the cockpit it was actually broken. There was a snapped piece of plastic inside, and this causes one side to kind of hang open in jet mode. Wasn't this retailers fault, this happened at the factor and was packaged up this way.

Aside from that, I don't like that all the black pieces on the figure are a soft rubber material. The light up gun won't stay in gun mode. And it's appearance as a jet looks pretty ridiculous with those giant hip pieces just hanging off the bottom right under the nose. I think I will just leave him in robot mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
Bought this for my son's 10th birthday and it doesn't begin to disappoint! He's loving it and I would recommend it for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars That is to cool, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
I love this action figure. My favorite of the Prime series. Maybe I can find a display to show nephews.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! :D, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime Powerizers Dreadwing (Toy)
if you are wondering if you should get it or not .. GET IT !! The delivery was super fast and I got it the day Amazon said I would . :) Dreadwing is my favorite character of all time and the toy of him is really great and he looks soo much like how he looks in the series ! its shocking how accurate it is ! I know the price is a bit much but like I said Dreadwing is my favorite character and I don't think it was that bad of a price considering he isn't sold in any stores where I am .. I am super happy with my new addition to my Transformers Collection and I think you would be too :) If you are a Transformers fan like i am , Get it ! you wont regret it :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›