on September 20, 2014
I love all the transformers movies, just because they're entertaining. I know they're not critically acclaimed for the acting or the heart-wrenching story like say a Terms of Endearment, but they're not supposed to be. They're action, they're visually spectacular, and very fun! It's escapism at it's best. Watching these movies with a nice surround system is a must. The explosions, the sounds of the transforming, all of it is a much better experience with surround and a good subwoofer! I can do without 2 things in the movies...the eye candy that is the chicks in short shorts! To me, it just doesn't add to the movie. I guess because I'm not a adolescent teenage boy. Secondly, is the language. it seems like all sequels, things are pushed further each time another one is made. There was more profanity in this one than the others. It too doesn't add to the movie. My 4 year old son loves Transformers, too and I don't want him picking up the language. I know one day he will be exposed to it, but c'mon! These movies are enjoyed by all age groups, Michael Bay, please tone down those 2 things and all will be well. Mark Wahlberg did a good job in the movie... I like his movies anyway. I didn't miss Shia LaBeouf or any of the other actors from the previous ones. Also, this one had more work done on the video side. The greens were way greener. My wife noticed that almost everyone had colored eyes, and over exaggerated at that. I didn't mind all that, but it did seem a little weird. I loved the robots! All of them were too cool...Lockdown is a bad dude! His walk, his whole demeanor...I found myself liking him. Those Dinobots were massive! I can't wait to watch it again...and for the next one, which is probably already in the works.
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 24, 2015
The movie had some snappy banter until about the 20 minute mark, then the Transformers showed up, and the ridiculously long fight scenes overshadowed any plot, dialogue, or joy to be gotten from this film. Speaking of plot, this movie had about seven, and none of them really ever go anywhere. Did anyone else wonder what happens to the Dino-bots after their last minute addition to the movie, and two fights? I had some hope for this film, as I have enjoyed some of Mr. Wahlberg's other fine work, but I just can't imagine recommending this movie for anything other than a Razzie.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 6, 2015
Hey all you humans out there, this is your favorite autobot Bumblebee
here. I just want to talk about me and my fellow Autobot’s recent
movie Transformers: Age of Extinction, so just to warn you there will
be spoilers. This movie is better than its previous three. Although I
still don’t get it why in all four of our movies does our director,
Michael Bay, continues to exploit girl’s bodies when it’s unnecessary
to our movies or at all for that matter of speaking. But at least it
still has the same explosions, action and humor you still all love.
New places, new villains, new people, and new allies.

As my fellow Autobots and I watched our movie, I couldn’t help but
notice all the American flags and sponsors it had in scenes here and
there. I liked how the director allowed us upgraded our vehicle and
robot modes in the new movie. The Chevy Camaro is still my favorite
human vehicle mode. I enjoyed working with the new autobots, though
I’m still a little jealous their humanlike faces. Sure, I’m not very
fond of the new decepticons way of transformation, they look more like
particles flying through the air than our better transformation. And
because of this change some people thought and still think that our
movie is a reboot, but if you pay close attention to the plot of the
movie you can see it still a continuation from the previous movie. It
can’t be anymore obvious that for some of you who are into our kind! I
like how Michael had Stanley Tucci (who is also known as joshua in our
movie) play the role of a greedy business owner who wanted to melt
down the all our kind, Autobots and Decepticons, for their metal at
first, but then later on he tries to help us the best he can even
though he’s a klutz.

I’m also very glad that Michael Bay got to bring our fellow Dinobots
into this movie with us. Though I'm still pretty disappointed that he
doesn’t allow the Dinobots speak in this movie as they did in our
original cartoon show, where they talked like dumb cavemen. Don’t tell
them I said that. But that’s just one little thing missing to the
movie; they’re still really awesome. In our last movie, when my brave
and noble leader Optimus Prime defeated Megatron at the end of the
movie, I thought that it was going to be the time we heard from him
again. Until I heard that we were making another movie, he came back
reincarnated as Galvatron. I mean come on, the dude just won’t stay
dead no matter how many times we defeat him. But besides all that, I
totally recommend this movie to all you human fans out there. This is
your favorite Autobot rolling out!!!
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 13, 2015
I caught the film reviews, but they really don't capture how absolutely boring this movie is. You would think with everything in China seeming to be made of fireworks that maybe there would be some spark, but it's just lots of boring filler leading to dull fights between robots and thanks to something insanely stupid in the plot there isn't even transforming for the genericon bad guys just flying into a load of pixels to turn from one thing to another thing. Although for evil pixel robots they can't seem to turn into anything that can fly so they have to climb buildings. Yet somehow Prime can fly off into space at the end of the movie even though he couldn't fly at any other point in the movie. You think you've seen stupid in B movies wait until you see the epic level stupid in this turkey. Watching it for free still feels like paying too much for this turd.
on June 14, 2015
Classically awful movie. B Movie for all time. Dialogue written on a 3rd grade level, confusing and inconsistent plotting, overacting and bad acting. The CGI was the bright spot and it was so repetitive that you stopped seeing the explosions after a while. In the future, people will point to this film and say, 'When people started using computers to make movies, this is one of the terrible things that they did.'

Examples of some of the dialogue: 'Ewwwww!' 'I know what you did to get that thing; you did some icky and terrible things.' 'Is that a bomb back there? A bomb? A bomb?' 'Yes, a bomb!'

Well, that wasn't the only bomb here. Honestly, this film was so bad, there was a fascination in watching it, like a train wreck or a bad prat fall.
on October 26, 2014
i loved it i love transformers the film/G1 but I love is optimus prime
review image review image
on September 25, 2014
I am a person who loved the first two films in the Transformer series. the first I think I watched twice, Dark Side of the Moon I watched at least four times and enjoyed each viewing.

This film is one of the most boring films I have seen. Despite it's great CGI, action scenes, and production values, I found the film unbearable to watch for more than 20 minutes at one sitting. It's just all out boring. The story is simple yet confusing. The acting was good enough. I can't say I was disappointed because the trailer didn't lead me to expect much. A shameful waste of production talent. I do hope there will be another in the series, but it's got to be be better than this.

If you are a Transformers fan my advice is to not buy it and wait for the rental.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 30, 2014
This movie seemed to forget what plot to stick to. They started out with what looked like an intro to the dinobots. Then they go to another storyline. Lockdown is the main villain rather than the resurrected Galvatron.
They had a cool storyline with that where Galvatron has tricked the humans into bringing him back and helping him raise an army. This is similar to Transformers Animated where Megatron influenced a human to put him back together.
THEN they stray from this storyline and just subject you to mindless explosions and action.
It's like the movie kept forgetting what plot to stick with.
It bounced around a lot too. For instance, Optimus is severely injured when awakened. He then is completely revamped when he scans another Mack truck. It felt rushed.
Optimus himself is completely out of character in this film. He is angry and full of hate. These are characteristics of deceptions, NOT autobots.
You don't get a climactic showdown between Optimus and Galvatron. If feels like ROTF all,over again where Megatron/Galvatron is a side character. After sitting for over two hours to get a mediocre ending is disappointing.
Mark Walberg was a welcome addition to the cast. The boyfriend of his daughter was an empty character.
Kelsey Grammer was the evil government guy hellbent on wiping out all transformers.
I felt little political vibes about immigration there. Please keep politics out of a transformers movie.
The dinobots don't get a lot of screen time and are mindless. They had personality in the G1 series.
Here, they are just there, and grunt a few times. The way Optimus reasons with them to join their cause is again, uncharacteristic of Optimus. He just beats the hell,out of them until they comply.
The movie just drags out the constant repetitive explosions and ridiculous banter.
By the time it was at the 90'minute mark, I couldn't wait for it to just end.
There were lots of action, it just dragged on a little to much. I was glad that this movie had removed the gutter humor that plagued the first three films. The second movie was one long gutter joke.
At least they didn't subject you to three hours of toilet jokes.
As for other transformers, Hound was funny but looked stupid in robot form. Drift looked too cliched.
Over all, Mark Walberg was very likable. The daughter was more believable than the fake plastic actress from the third installment. The special effects were pretty great. A few scenes looked like too much cgi was there but did not affect my rating of the film.
It was the lackluster plot and length of the movie that made me give it one star.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 6, 2014
So lets start with the good. The movie looks great. The explosions, robots, and fighting all great kudos to those people who had a part in it.

Then we come to the bad of this movie which is pretty much everything else. This movie takes a beloved franchise of cartoons and kids toys and just kills it. The past few movies are horrible but this one just stinks it up even more. The plot is so far fetched that even with it being a science fiction movie it was a stretch. Stupid things like finding out at the last minute that optimus prime can fly. I mean come on the whole time he runs from people and robots or changes into a slow 18-wheeler when he could freaking fly. Then we have the bad guy who is some kind of genious that figures out how to make his own transformers but cant figure out why using megatron as the clone makes his transformers look and act like him. One of the funnier things in the movie was at the start when they show mark wahlberg and his girlfriend/wife with a new born. Yet he looks exactly like he did now other than his hat is turned around. Its one thing if he ages well its another if they try to pass a 40 year old man as a 17 year old. This should have been the dead give away for me from the start but it just gets worse. There are hundreds of stupid things like this all through the movie that just kill it for me.

If this movie spent even a little time fixing the silly small things in the plot and overall story this could have been a decent movie nothing great but with how good the movie looked just an ok story would have helped it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 17, 2015
This has been covered elsewhere, but I'll add my two cents: parents, this sends a terrible message that it OK for a 17 year old girl to date (and have relations with) a 20 year old man. The justification is base on an incorrect assumption that such a relationship is covered in Texas by a "Romeo & Juliet" law. The guy even keeps a laminated copy in his wallet! Creepy!

Google it. The law apparently is real, but not really a license to troll for jail-bait in Texas.

This movie is connected to HASBRO. It is meant for kids. But the character of the 17 year old girl is exploited as "eye-candy" and she also is a liar.

While acting goody-goody to her overprotective father, she has a relationship with a 20-year old man and also participates in his car racing career as a "stick man," a second person in the race car who shifts gears. This is a kid who cannot get her ears pierced or a tattoo without parental permission but is allowed in a race car? Give me a break.

There is an unhealthy combination of (robotic) extreme violence and pandering to pre-adolescent male hormones. Anything to make a buck.
review image