Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transformers: Age of Extinction Limited Edition Gift Set with Grimlock and Optimus Collectible Statue [Blu-ray]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 30, 2014
Received this item today. I'd like to first say that this review is specifically for the statue itself and not on the movie. I'd rather not get involved with discussions on how great the movie was or wasn't.

Statue comes in a 2 piece plastic shell with the Blu Ray off in a compartment to the side. The Blu Ray is not 3D, for those who are curious about that. Once opened the piece is very light and made from some form of plastic resin. It's proportions are a little off from what I would've expected from a movie accurate sculpt but for the price, one can't really ask for a museum quality piece. The statue has some flimsy areas, such as Optimus' arms, I'm afraid if there is too much pressure or if it's mishandled I might break a piece of it off. Grimlock looks great, it's paint job is near perfect with some minor imperfections. Optimus is painted using a matte blue as opposed to a metallic blue and has issues with a lot of paint bleed. It's face is extremely lackluster and kind of a disappointment but not too big a worry if it's displayed afar.

Overall I think it looks great despite the paint flaws and it's definitely a great piece for people who want a sculpt of Optimus Prime riding Grimlock and will tide serious collectors over until the Prime 1 piece is released.
88 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2014
Grimlock good. Optimus is not. Paint is kinda sad. But for $30...I'll take it.
on June 30, 2015
Five stars!!
review image
on December 1, 2015
Let's be real, the only reason for this is the "limited edition" statue, and that's what I'm reviewing. So to open the box and find the statue incomplete is unacceptable.

On mine, the sword is missing. Not broken off, not fallen off in the box -- just not there. That pretty much leaves Optimus Prime goofy-looking, what with the empty hand and all.

As a casual fan I'd probably have given a complete version 4 stars. As long as you're not expecting museum-quality build or materials, and you can get it on sale, it seems like a cool little display.

But missing a major feature like the sword -- right out of the box -- renders any "collectible" nature pointless.

I'd take a replacement, or even just a sword (since the hand is intact I could probably repair it), but since it's a gift that's past Amazon's return cutoff, seems I might be stuck with an incomplete version.

Very disappointed.
review image
on October 19, 2014
While Grimlock was stunning. The paint job on Optimus could've been more detailed/prominent. I can barely make out the red streaks on his armor. Kind of dulls the overall effect. But still pretty cool to die hard fans.
on July 23, 2015
I purchased for $29.99 and I thought it is reasonable so purchased this Limited Edition.
Movie itself,
well it is Michael Bay movie so lot of SLOW motion and Explosion as you will see in the last trilogy.
From my POV movie is 2 and half star, first expression was what a long story! you could make it lot shorter to make it enjoy... but I like action movies so enjoyed watching it as one of Michael Bay's Transformers.
Lot of Action, Slow mo, Explosion, and you like robot fighting than this movie will be good for you.
Also you don't have to watch last trilogy to understand human and transformer relationship so you will immediately can jump in to this movie for action.
If you like traditional cartoon Transformer fan than you will not like this movie since it is way off from the traditional cartoon.

Figure itself
For $29.99, Understandable and can accept the quality. But If I have to pay $119.00 than I will be very disappointed.
Grimlock painting was done ok, some of the painting is miss or over painted but you can tell the face and eye from close and far view so I like it.
As for Optimas Prim, just one word, horrible, maybe I got is this horrible but the painting of the Optimas Prim is very poor quality and I was disappointed when I saw his face. Face just painted with silver and no eye(Light blue) or mask( should be blue) is not painted and really disappoint me when I saw this ( Come on! Face is most important parts you will be concern in these kind of product!)

Overall: If I am paying $29.99 than I am happy , it is good deal if you look at it since Movie itself cost $19.99 and you are paying $10 extra for the figuring. I will recommend if you want to buy this limited edition, buy it between $29.99-$35.99.
on December 2, 2014
The detail on the figure is very nice. Optimus is a tad bigger than he was in the film, but the size difference is understandable. While the figure is solid, the base is a hollow light plastic, which worries me to how stable it might be. The shield wobbles a bit if touched, but if it were to fall off it could easily be fixed. The packaging was nice and the DVD was in perfect condition. If I had a friend or family member who was a transformers fan, I would definitely buy again as a gift
on August 18, 2015
This is the biggest disappointment in dvd ollectors history. The statue is awful. It's size is very small and unproportional and there is no detail on Optimus.not worth the money at all. Just buy the blu ray/dvd and call it a day.
on January 22, 2015
Very nice set! Grimlock looks amazing and of course the movie is good! The statue is a decent weight and feels very sturdy. If you're looking for something to add to your collection this could be just the thing you're looking for. Everything came well packaged. We're huge Transformers fans and if you haven't seen this, watch it!
on November 15, 2014
Picked this up on here for $29.99. It's a great deal and the statue is huge. I didn't really care for the Transformers movies until this fourth installment. It really brought everything together for me and now I understand the point of every film, they're Transformer snuff films. All in all this is a set not to pass up if you see it for $30 again.