5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to a great series
I watched a pre-release copy of "Predacons Rising" earlier today. It picks up right after the last episode of Transformers Prime, Season 3 (if you haven't watched the series, certainly do that first). And if you are not aware of Transformers Prime, it is the BEST series since Transformers G1.

Everyone hates spoilers so I won't speak of the plot, but I will say...
Published 15 months ago by Michael Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, But Many Missed Opportunities
SPOILER ALERT! I have included spoilers, so don't read any further if you have not seen the movie yet.

Published 14 months ago by Alicia C. Smock

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to a great series, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

Everyone hates spoilers so I won't speak of the plot, but I will say that this movie is on par with the Transformers Movie from 1986. The animation and story line are terrific, and it is definitely made for adults (but still kid-friendly). It's also a pleasure to watch it flow as a continuous movie with no cuts for commercial breaks.

Do yourself a favor and buy this. My only regret is that this movie is the finale of a fantastic series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Film, but not perfect, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am a huge fan of Transformers Prime. I loved how Season 3/the series ended. Also I would agree with other reviewers that this is the BEST Transformers series since the original, however I do not agree that this film was on par with the 1986 Classic TF:TM. While Predacons Rising has a solid plot (No spoilers here I promise), I do feel it left several loose ends. If the next Transformers series would pick up where this one ended, I would be ok with that (ala Beast Machines from Beast Wars) however with the next iteration set to be more "family friendly" I do not see how that would be possible considering the current status of some characters in this universe. As for the film itself, it is quite entertaining, it is pretty much the self-contained story I always wanted. Also the *absence* of a certain species in this film is absolutely a plus. The ending however was bittersweet. It felt a little like how Beast Machines ended, but executed far better. One thing I will say. --Season 3 left me lamenting the loss of this series, wanting to see it go on. Predacons Rising however (based on its conclusion) reversed that decision for me. Despite the loose ends, I do not need or want to see any more stories told in this continuity. Hasbro has for the first time forcibly caused me to "move along" with them onto the next thing and not constantly feel regret for what is , in my opinion, ending to soon. well played Hasbro, well played.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful end to the Best T.V. show ever made!, January 18, 2014
Bruce Lyons (Abingdon, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
SPOILER WARNING!
Predacons Rising was a wonderful end to what in my opinion was the best T.V. show ever made. I cried so hard when Optimus Prime died at the end of the movie. He has been my hero and I must say that I love him to death. I wish they hadn't killed him, but it was a beautiful example of who Optimus Prime really is and just how much he was willing to sacrifice. I was also so thrilled that KnockOut joined Team Prime. He has been a favorite of mine since the first episode he was in!

I always thought Transformers Prime was an adult series because of the violence, complicated story, and the emotional content. For teens on up, however, this is one awesome series. And for all you teens reading this, yeah it is seriously cool! Take it from me, I am a 19 year old girl and I know many Transformers Prime fans way older than me!

I am just so sad that Transformers Prime is over. They will never be another show like it.

Oh, and thank you Peter Cullen for being the voice of Optimus Prime. You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, But Many Missed Opportunities, October 5, 2013

I have been a huge Transformers fan for the past six years and have watched Transformers Prime since its beginning back in the fall of 2010 and have loved it with every episode that has been released. I was very satisfied with how the series ended and, when I discovered there was still one more movie (not to mention the first animated Transformers movie since the one in 1986), I could not wait to see it. However, I felt a bit let down after watching the ending to this amazing show.

I will definitely admit that it had its perks. The animation was flawless and looked better than it ever has. Most of the lines and the fight scenes were amazing and the characters remained in character (always a plus). Also, it only had Transformers. NO HUMANS AT ALL!! Which was also very nice to see!

The thing that erked me the most while watching this movie were the many missed opportunities, especially for the older fans (considering this show had many references to the older shows). Here is my list of what I expected:

1) With Unicron using Megatron's body as a vessel, it would have been epic to see Primus come alive through Optimus. Then, a million year old rivalry would have come alive again through the present rivalry of Megatron and Optimus. Not to mention, fans have not truly witnessed Primus himself since the Cybertron series released in 2005-2006. It would have been nice to see the BIG guy again.

2) I did very much like how Megatron finally was able to see the light by witnessing what Unicron planned to do to Cybertron, but I expected Megatron and Optimus's last confrontation to end more like the ending of the Dark of the Moon film adaptation by Peter David.
*SPOILER ALERT*: If you have not read the DOTM movie adaptation, I highly recommend it. The endings between the book and the movie are night and day to one another with the book ending having Megatron and Optimus coming to a truce and agreeing to rebuild Cybertron rather than fighting over it. It would have been nice for Optimus and Megatron to have a conversation about the rebuilding of their newly restored planet at the end of Predacons Rising.

3) It would have been nice to see more Transformers rather than the ones we have been following throughout the entire series. More Autobots and Decepticons who have perhaps taken refuge somewhere upon the planet (maybe in stasis or something) or maybe even hiding out on one of Cybertron's two moons. It would have been nice to see more of the fan favorite Autobots like Ironhide and Jazz, the female Autobots (who, even on a dead planet in the G1 series, still managed to survive), or maybe the other Decepticon seekers like Skywarp and Thundercracker. Having more Transformers would have made the end battle with the terrorcon Predacons that much more epic.

4) The final battle between Unicron/ Megatron and Optimus was... short. So very, very short. They had more intense battle sequences throughout the show: Darkness Rising, Part 5 and Alpha, Omega to name a couple of the episodes. This is where the battle between Unicron and Primus could have been inserted.

My list is shorter than I anticipated, but these are just things that erked me about the movie and this is only my opinion. I am not sure if other fans feel the same way about these missed opportunities, but perhaps I staked my hopes to high before actually watching this movie. I am not trying to write anyone off from seeing it nor am I attempting to change how anyone views it, I am simply stating what I had hoped to see in a series that has done so well over the past three years.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic end to a great series, more lazy extras, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There's no need to tell how good transformers prime is, or how good the final was (fantastic), so i'll just focus on the blu-ray and it's contents.

The video quality is fantastic, very clear and vivid colors, the 5.1 audio mix is excellent.
The running time is about 1 hour, i expected a little more, for being a movie and the final of the series it is a little short.
the extra material is a behind the scenes on the development of the series between hasbro and polygon, it's very interesting.
Overall i think the contents of the blu-ray fall on the short side, i expected more for the price. Anyways is a must have to any fan of transformers prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unparalleled, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Transformers Prime is an amazing series. I have been a fan of the Transformers Franchise since the 1996 "Transformers Beast Wars" installment. I have since collected every form of media ranging from the original 1984 animated series to all the comics, video games, all animated continuties and novels. Transformers Prime is by far the best in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitting end to an amazing series, September 18, 2013
Don't worry no spoilers int his review. This was a dramatic, dark, and actiony movie that really left you on the edge of your seat. You don't know who actually will win good or bad. The really sad part is that the Prime series is over. And if you cry, it's normal. Definitely more of an adult movie since the intensity is so high but kids should watch it without problem. Amazing movie. Though at times it could be a bit oddly paced but that could be overlooked. And this movie is great for KnockOut fans. Just sayin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end to an otherwise great series., October 9, 2014
This was a very disappointing movie. The TFP series was really well done. The writing was solid, the story engaging, and the development of the characters was handled nicely. So when this movie came out I expected the same. Unfortunately they got lazy. Really lazy. Without adding any spoilers, one character had an about face that just... happened. I thought they might send him to the Autobots but they could have at least developed it. Instead they handle it with one line of dialogue. Lazy, lazy writing. Starscream was barely even IN the show and he was a fan favorite. The story they tried to tell could have been pulled out into another season but instead they dumped it all into a single movie. This was a very disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic series. No doubt some idiot in a suit made that decision. That always seems to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Return to Cybertron, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Predacosn Rising is an animated movie designed to finish up ther story started in the TF Prime tv show. Where that show took place on Earth this movie is entirely on the TF home planet of Cybertron after it's resurrection at the end of Prime. An ancient enemy is hellbent on destroying the newly returned planet, and it will take the combined effort of all Transformers to stop it. This was a really fun way to finish things off, and the movie is just as much fun as the show. All the characters you love are here, and there's even a few new ones. Bottom line is if you own all of Prime or have seen it you should see this.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice to have a little more TFP, but not as good as the regular series, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
While it's nice to have a little more Transformers Prime, this short finale is not nearly as good as the rest of the regular series. It's got enough cool story bits to still be good, but it's not written as tightly as it could have been. That being said, I really enjoy the Prime series, so having even a little bit more of it, is ok by me.

Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray]
Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray] by David Hartman (Blu-ray - 2013)
$24.97 $15.89