5.0 out of 5 stars Best Transformers Game I've Played
This review is for the Wii U version of the game

This is the third Transformers game I have played so far. The first, Revenge of the Fallen: Decepticon version DS, was traded in almost as soon as I got it. The second, War for Cybertron PS3, I still have but rarely play.
Published on November 19, 2012 by Jodie Lecoque

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive game play
Expected more for a Wii U game as it did not take advantage of what the Wii U has to offer. The game play itself is repetitive and doesn't offer a lot of creative play. My two sons, 6 and 4, were not very excited about it either.
Published 4 months ago by Monkey for Bananas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Transformers Game I've Played, November 19, 2012
Jodie Lecoque (CEDAR CITY, UTAH, US) - See all my reviews
This review is for the Wii U version of the game

This game, unlike the others, sucked me in right from the beginning. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay far more than those previous two.

This is a beat em up style game. As you progress through the stages the main focus is on crushing Decepticons with melee attacks. That said you can also shoot your opponents from a distance. Transformation is a key element in this game. Aside from the longer jump range one of your key attacks can only be initiated in this mode.
Although the core of this game is in the combat there are also vehicle sections in certain levels. In these sections you steer the transformer by turning the gamepad to the left or right rather than the control stick. Here you speed around obsticles at high speeds while heading down some sort of path. In these sections you cannot transform to robot while in the rest of the game you can transform freely.

The graphics in this game are good, but not perfect. While the textures are for the most part very high quality the 3d models look like they were made for the Wii. This does not ruin the game at all however. The only time I noticed this was in cutscenes. The exposions for when you destroy a decepticon are spectacular, among the best explosions I've seen in a game. Also the combat animations are quite nice.

The sound in this game is great. It uses the voice actors from the show. The sound effects are good as well. The background music won't win any awards but isn't half bad. It even mixes in themes from the show.

The story isn't particularly deep but is entertaining. It starts with Megatron working on another scheme to take over the world, but when Optimus and the other Autobots try and stop him things don't go as planned and the heroes end up getting scattered around the world. I won't spoil the rest of the story but it is true to the franchise.

The one major flaw with this game is it's length. I beat it the day I got it

While the game was short it was the most fun I had playing a video game in quite a while. This game is great for people of all ages whether you are a Transformer fan or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up! My son loves it!, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
My 10 year old son is a big fan of the Transformers movies. I bought him this game and he has played it everyday since I bought it for him. The graphics look very cool. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Transformers Games Evah!, November 9, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
Transformers: Prime is a game released on Wii, Wii U, and the 3DS based on the hit television series of the same name. Being a fan of the show and a total Transformers nerd, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they were making a game of it, even though I knew that the previous Transformers games on Nintendo systems were rather underwhelming. For the first time, we get a true Transformers experience on Nintendo systems. Because of the great gameplay, replay value, fun multiplayer, and awesome sound, Transformers: Prime is a fun experience that stays true to the TV series and is one of my favorite Transformers games.

The story starts when Megatron (the antagonist) and his army of Decepticons try to obtain a meteor of Dark Energon, a material that can enhance a robot's power or raise fallen robots from the dead. If Megatron gets the meteor, he will use the Dark Energon inside it to raise an army of undead robots. The heroes Optimus Prime and the Autobots must stop Megatron from retrieving this meteor. Unknown to both the Autobots and the Decepticons, a creature exists inside the meteor that will prove to be an even bigger danger than the Dark Energon. Unfortunately, the story isn't as deep as the stories in the show and is a little too short. Even though it is rather simple, the story is good enough to keep you playing.

Transformers: Prime's gameplay is a behind-the-back brawler. You try to get to the end of the level while fighting several enemies and collecting Energon shards. Though it may seem simple, you're given different combos, the ability to shoot, the ability to transform, and upgraded attacks that can be activated after filling a meter. These additions make what should be repetitive gameplay very fun. My only real complaint with the gameplay would be that bosses are usually beaten the same way.

At certain points in the game, you're forced to stay in vehicle mode. These points are indicated when a loading screen comes up and tells you the control changes. On the Wii U controller, you tilt the Wii U controller to turn, similar to a Wii Wheel, as opposed to the right analog stick. These changes felt very natural, and, being new to the Wii U's controller, I was quite impressed with how well it worked.

Another surprising thing about the story mode is that it actually has good replay value. For completing certain tasks, you get emblems similar to PS3 trophies and Xbox 360 achievements. You also receive ranks (such as "A" or "B") depending on how often you get hurt and how much Energon you get. Getting an "S" rank on levels can get you emblems or unlock characters for the multiplayer mode. Finally, there are artifacts hidden in the levels that unlock things such as character bios and artwork in the gallery.

One thing that I found unusually fun was the multiplayer. Multiplayer Mode is pretty much just you, a friend, and possibly some CPUs beating each other up until the last person's standing. The concept is basic but fun. I only have two gripes about the multiplayer. First, even though with CPUs you can have four characters fighting, Multiplayer Mode only allows you to have two players. And second, there are some instances where the multiplayer mode seems a little unfair, such as when characters are not able to really fight back when cornered. It should be noted that Multiplayer Mode is only local; there is no online play. Despite these complaints, my siblings and I have had very fun experiences playing the multiplayer mode.

The graphics in the game are pretty good. The backgrounds are incredibly detailed and look like they were ripped right out of the show. I can't say the same thing for the character models. In gameplay, they look almost as good. However, in cinematics, they sometimes look a little edgy, and their faces don't have enough facial expression. Characters like Optimus Prime who don't have much personality have fine faces, but characters that have more personality don't have enough expression. Also, some of the characters (particularly Optimus) look a bit rougher than they should. Even though the character models aren't as smooth as they should be, the texturing of the robots is incredible. Like the show, light will reflect off their bodies as if they were actually made of metal. I wouldn't have minded the edgy models so much if it wasn't for the fact that I own the Wii U version. Being in HD, I would think that the characters would look a little smoother.

Similar to the show, Transformers: Prime's soundtrack is epic. Pretty much all of the music is orchestrated with a very movie-like sound. Surprisingly, most of the songs are game-exclusive. The fact that they didn't reuse all of the songs from the show and still managed to make an awesome soundtrack is impressive.

The voice acting is great. All of the characters have their voices from the show, with the exception of the character Dreadwing, who is voiced by Fred Tatasciore, as opposed to Tony Todd. Frank Welker's acting as Megatron is much better than it was in the game version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Peter Cullen still plays Optimus Prime and, as expected, does a great performance. One of my favorite actors in both the show and the game is Ratchet's actor, Jeffery Combs. His grouchy-sounding voice perfectly portrays the grumpy (and yet humorous) character of Ratchet. In the game, the grunts and comments he makes are funny.

To me, Transformers: Prime is the second best Transformers game, after Fall of Cybertron. Though Fall of Cybertron is a better game, Transformers: Prime feels much more like a Transformers game. The gameplay is fun, the multiplayer is surprisingly good, and the sound is great. Its lower ESRB rating allows more kids who can't play the T rated Transformers games to finally be able to play a really good Transformers game. Fortunately, like the show, it's still mature enough for older fans like me to enjoy. If you are a fan of the show, or even just a Transformers fan, you will definitely want to try this game.

Final Score: 8.8/10

For more details on games such as this one, visit [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
My 6 year old absolutely loves playing this game! I would recommend this game to anyone who has boys. I also would recommend to buy the nunchucks, although it's optional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
Son loves it, entertains him for hours on a rainy day. He enjoys the characters and needs no help getting through the set up and operation.

4.0 out of 5 stars good transformers game worth under 20 bucks, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
good transformers game worth under 20 bucks the game is kinda short but its also under 20 dollars worth the buy I beat it then sent it to my nephew

5.0 out of 5 stars kids love, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
My grandkids just love transformers and when we got them the Wi game they cannot stop playing. We now have to limit the time we allow so they read and play outside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent game!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
Not a bad game at all. Wasn't expecting much from this title but it turned out to be a fun game. For the price, you can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
My nephew loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
I do not play video games therefore I am not a good judge of them. However, my eight year old son loves the Transformers Prime Wii U and that's all that matters.
I was expecting to receive the game in two weeks and was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived in four days

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U
Transformers Prime: The Game - Nintendo Wii U by Activision Inc. (Nintendo Wii U)
$49.99 $20.42