5.0 out of 5 stars Big Screen Version
Published on December 4, 2009 by A. Salazar

1.0 out of 5 stars "Transforming" a Generation?
I wish I had read these reviews prior to buying "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen". It was money I could have invested better, but... I bought for a Friend's birthday.

Published on January 20, 2010 by T. Fruge

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Screen Version, December 4, 2009
A. Salazar (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is the IMAX version of the movie. This is similar to the Batman 'Dark Knight' blu-ray where the IMax scenes are shown bigger than the rest of the movie. Bare in mind the whole movie is not like this, it is standard size 16:9 except for the fight scene's in the middle and end of the movie. But, on both dvd and blu-ray. This version also boasts a slightly different cover. The cardboard slipcover is totally different, the inside cover is very similar except it has Bumble-Bee instead of Megatron.

The movie itself kick's ass if you're into giant robot's duking it out over control of the Earth (and Universe!). Don't expect much in the way of plot, but you've read all that in the other reviews. I would recommend this if want to see Transformers 2 IMax version, plus it contains a few extra seconds of bonus scenes during the fight scene's. I couldn't tell you exactly what or where (I saw this in IMax at the theaters, then bought this version upon release). If you live in the U.S., pick this up at your local Wal-Mart, or ask a buddy stateside to pick one up for you. If you got a blu-ray player, even better!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved transformers as a kid you will love this, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition) (DVD)
I hear a lot of flack against this movie. So many people complain about sequels these days. Of course the second one is never as good as the first. When you see the first movie of a series, everything is new and exciting, the characters are larger than life and its everything and more than you expected because you never expected it. For god's sakes, the movie was created from cartoon characters. If you watch the old shows, the plotlines of the "Transformers" cartoon were cheesy, the animation was sub-par and the action was canned; And we loved every bit of it. The fact is; the show was about robots from another planet that can change into ordinary vehicles fight other robots that can change into other vehicles. There was no real story, that's not why we loved the "transformers". We loved them because they were cool. The movie is just that. "Cool" Micheal Bay didn't set out to solve world dilemmas with this movie. His focus was not to create a love story that trumps "The Notebook" or a robot version of "Willy". No, he set out to make movie of a cartoon of robot that fight other robots and that's what he did and he did it larger than life. This is not the Green Mile, or the Shawshank Redemption. And all the trendy sheep who insult this movie and pick it apart just to make themselves sound smart have no concept of action films for the sake of action. If you loved the cartoon, go see the movie. If you didn't, then don't. Simple as that.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Transforming" a Generation?, January 20, 2010
T. Fruge (Lancaster, CA) - See all my reviews

This movie exemplifies all that we've come to expect from movies which run millions to create, and yet lack any truly good plot, storyline, and ACTING. What's worse is that it is a movie intended to reach this generation of Minors, and yet is so full of patently ADULT situations that I found it offensive.
I mean, a Decepticon HUMPING Megan Fox's leg does NOT bother the Producers? The Writers? Or how about wide-screen... in your face shot of John Turtorro in his "S-7" jockstrap?! What in the Heck is WRONG with you people! This is supposed to be Kid's fare?! I could go on, but I've made my point; No amount of gratuitous FILTH and sexual situations can make up for this movie's lack of cinematic finesse.
Same can be said of the wiz-bang special effects: No amount of that can make up for a crappy storyline.

I'm sorry, but I hope no-one else WASTES their money on this one. Hasbro will be hearing from me...

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, One of the WORST movies ever made!, July 12, 2010
Adam J. Bernstein (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
If you saw this movie (like I stupidly did) you probably walked out of the theater licking your wounds. Not just because your a Transformers fan and you had to watch Michal Bay take a crap all over something important to you but also because you probably felt like you just paid someone $12.50 (or however much movies cost in your hometown) to kick you in the face for the longest 2 and a half hours of your life.

Revenge of the Fallen is an abrasive, ugly, racist, offensive, awful excuse for a movie. It's a giant advertisement for god knows what that's full of explosions and the sound of clanging metal.
Questions will arise as your brain wonders what it did to piss you off and your eyeballs try to kill themselves. Questions like, What purpose did the "twins" have other then to remind us that racism still exsist?! why did we need to see Devastator's balls? Why is John Tuttoro in a thong?!
Megan Fox and Shila Booff or whatever the hell his name is have the chemistry and acting abilities of wet towels! Why in the name of freaking GOD would I wanna see a greater focus on them?!
OH! and speaking of god... ROBOT HEAVEN!!!! NUFF' SAID!!!!
I know it seems like I'm dropping some serious spoiler and I am. BUT I DON'T CARE! The movie has all but ZERO plot!
If you haven't seen this movie yet and are concidering it don't! Instead stay at home and stick forks in both of your ears while playing with power tools and suckng on a car battery. It will be more enjoyable and slightly less painful then the ass kicking you will get from your friends and family when you admit this movie lives in your collection!
Seriously, when the alien invaders come and ask for a sacrifice, let's just give them Michal Bay OK?

1.0 out of 5 stars As bad as I expected, October 31, 2009
Sylvan (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
Yes, I thought the first Michael Bay Transformers was bad. I wasn't expecting the sequel to be much better, but in the back of my mind I was hoping. Michael Bay apparently decided there wasn't enough crass humor, overt sexuality, poor character development, useless moving parts, explosions, and nameless robots transforming into formless metallic amoebas in the first movie. So now there is more of all that in this one. Of course, it doesn't make the movie better, just longer.

Negatives:
1) The twins. I don't think I need to explain this.
2) Sam's parents, excessive comic relief, no importance to the story.
3) Mikaela and the Decepticon fem-bot. Ok, I'm a male, yes I think Meghan Fox is hot. I personally, do not mind seeing her wearing skimpy revealing clothes. But come on, give her some depth. First of all, this movie is being used to sell toys to 6-year-olds. There is no need for such overt female objectification in this movie. Seriously, she spends most of the movie with that pouty expression and posing seductively, instead of acting. Same complaint with the "fem-bot", I felt it was completely unnecessary to the story.
4) Everyone is comic relief. Ok, I'm all for comic relief in action movies. But seriously, you can't build an action movie around an entire cast of comedians. More than 3 comic relief characters, and you should call it "Giant Robot Movie" (ie. Scary Movie series).
5) Visual effects. Sometimes less is more. The robots are too complex, too many moving parts. It is very hard to follow the action trying to follow these overly detailed monochromatic machines as they fly through cities causing random destruction everywhere. In the original cartoon, the simpler designs were easier to identify and they were distinctively color-coded. Most of the Decepticons look the same.
6) There are no rules. Basically, Michael Bay is telling us that alien robots can do whatever they please. They can change their alt-forms at will or become giant robo-amoebas. If you hack them to pieces, each part can become a completely new Transformer. Robots can transform into people. Mechanical devices can turn into dust, communicate telepathically with humans, then reform themselves from said dust and resurrect dead Transformers. And other mechanical devices or even a tiny piece of them can turn earth machines into robots (complete with machine-guns) or resurrect Transformers.
7) Questionable motivations on both sides. So at the end of episode 1, this autobot declared he would stay with Sam forever and ever. Ah, how touching. Now Sam decides to go to college and he won't take Bumblebee with him. What a jerk. He saved the world once, but now Optimus Prime asks for his help to do it again, and college is more important. Why does Sam give the All-Spark sliver to his unrealistically hot girlfriend for safe-keeping, instead of Bumblebee, Optimus or any of those government guys? Why do the Decepticons want to destroy the sun? I mean really, Cybertron is supposedly destroyed, do they have another planet to inhabit once this solar system is wiped out?

Positives:
1) Peter Cullen and Frank Welker
2) Explosions

Neutral:
1) The battle with Optimus Prime in the woods was really cool, but it didn't have nearly the emotional impact of the animated movie from the 80's because it was decided early on that they could just resurrect him before the end of the movie. And with no "Hot Rod" character, Sam's episode of feeling guilty seemed pretty shallow.

All in all, a terrible movie from a critical point of view. People will like the movie if they are a big fan of loud booms and not optional things like story. I feel guilty spending money on this disaster, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars A STEP BACK FROM THE 1ST MOVIE., February 1, 2014
While I love these movies ... this second installment in this series, while mostly entertaining, does not match the 1st or 3rd movies. The middle of this film seemed to just "tread water" .... and the action scenes went on too long ... they fixed this in the 3rd film ... yet, this DVD should be picked-up as part of the on-going series ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, January 27, 2014
"Tons" of action and great sound and visual effects. The fans of this type of movie will not be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, January 26, 2014
It came wrapped in the plastic and everything, it was pretty shocking actually . It was a brand new disc and all for a great low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, January 20, 2014
Loved this movie so I ordered all three of them worth watching over and over must see movie you will love to watch all of them

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Transformers!!!, January 9, 2014
What can I say? I'm a huge transformers fan. It's hard to give any negative feedback. I'm glad Optimus Prime was revived :D

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition)
$19.99 $6.99