Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transformers Takara Music Label MP3 Player Soundwave [Blue] by Takara Tomy
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 20, 2015
Great buy
on December 30, 2013
My son is a transformers fanatic...he loved the player...just had to get the SD card. Good product...not a toy for little kids...more a toy for big kid who can treat it respectfully.
on June 29, 2013
I was so diappointed it didn't work..... After spending so much on it........ Just upsetting to me and to my niece who loves transformers...... It was a congratulations gift for doin well in school and boy did i feel dumb when she tried turning it on.... And we tried battery after battery and nothing.
on April 2, 2012
At first I was super excited about my Soundwave mp3 player and really did not have much intention of actually using the toy as an mp3 player simply because 1: I'd be terrified to damage it; 2: i'd be mortified I'd lose it. Guess which happened? I had it on display for a little while and had the cannon stuck in the headphone jack before I decided to finally give it a whirl. Lo and behold, the solder was so poorly done or the cannon plug too tough on the jack, the jack itself completely dislodged. I recommend that if you want it, be prepared for an expensive toy with awesome aesthetic value, and little to no actual functionality. The limbs are pretty pose-able but the innards are too delicate to be used in the manner it is advertised.
on June 28, 2011
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day..he's a huge Transformers fan. It arrived intact, it did indeed transform well. However, it only played for about 60 seconds before it quit working entirely. I was extremely disappointed at the quality of this item for the price. Want some advice? Get a Transformers toy, and get a separate mp3 player. (written by Brock's wife)
on May 19, 2011
MP3 playing Soundwave! Sounded completely amazing- didn't care about the need for a AAA battery, lack of usb capability, or poor sound quality; and even still, I could forgive all of that- if the damned thing would just work!
Once, and only once, have I been able to get this thing to work. The other 20 times I hold the play button for 2 seconds and the blue light blinks; then....nothing. I've scoured the internet and found this seems to be a common problem; so apparently the battery and sd card i'm using are not the culprits.
Product is aesthetically pleasing- transforms and displays nicely; however, if you're looking for anything functional look elsewhere- you WILL BE DISAPPOINTED if you open the package, killing the collectible value, thinking you can use this as an MP3 player.
on November 8, 2010
Although not strictly the same colour scheme as the G1 Soundwave, and being considerably shorter in robot mode, the Transformers Soundwave Music Label Mp3 Player is still a fantastic representation of this iconic figure.

Great soud quality, huge bass output, looks great, transforms easily, made of sturdy plastic, comes with both shoulder cannon and hand blaster. 3 sets of hands; closed fists, trigger finger (for holding weapon) and pointed finger, for posing as if to open his own cassette tray.

Only works with 1G Mini SD cards, so more than one card is definitely needed. Front panel ("cassette" tray) springs open revealing Mini SD slot. Mini SDs are hard to find, but a Micro SD in and adapter works just fine.

Only one thing of slight annoyance; no shuffle feature, so whatever order the songs are on the card is the order it plays them in. Turn it off and instead of starting where you left off, it goes back to the beginning. Not a huge problem until you have more than a few dozen songs on it.

Issues aside, excellent product, must have for any true fan.
on July 29, 2010
It is smaller than I thought. It can go inside your pocket.
However, one thing that could be harm the product: is sharp things. DO NOT PUT THEM AROUND WITH SOUNDWAVE. I got 3mm scratch on him.
Overall, he got a nice body EXCEPT arms.
Left arm - too tight to transform to robot mode.
Right arm - too lease to transform to alt mode.

This toy could be better if it got speaker on his cannon or legs.
on May 27, 2009
I was very happy with this toy. The SD card support is great. The fact that I used to have Soundwave when I was a kid just make this more awesome.
on April 8, 2009
There are a few unique MP3 players that come along every once in a while & this is one of them. I have had people stop me & ask to see it.

It has a SD card slot in its chest for the music & a headphone jack where its shoulder mounted cannon goes. It gets power from one 'AAA' battery that goes in the back.

Pros-