Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transit Of Venus
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 6, 2012
Risking to be late at work, I have decided to write this review as some of the 2- & 3-stars reviews are not doing the justice to this very solid album from one of my favorite band out there. To be fair, the originality of the band's first two amazing albums (Three Days Grace & One X) is somewhat lost here. Their 3rd album "Life Starts Now" is a little bit weak, in my opinion, but still a very good work. This one that just out is a great example how the band evolved, matured, still remaining to be the band I hooked up on when they released their 1st self-titled album. In one word, "Transit of Venus" is very melodic. Every song of it, period. There are standouts here like the single "Chilk Outline", "The High Road", "Anonymous", "Expectations", "Broken Glass", and the best song (again, in my opinion) "Unbreakable Heart". It is not heavy at all, even a bit "softy", but I still can tell, this is the Three Days Grace. This is one of those albums that you can listen to without pressing the rewind. All the way through... then hit play again.
I am usually very picky about sound quality. No complains here. Although it is not a Japanese release (I'd wait until it is released in Japan with bonus tracks as their previous albums), it does sound extremely well.
Buy it. You won't be disappointed!
on March 29, 2013
Transit of Venus by Three Days Grace starts off with a terrific set of three songs, but then the good songs are a bit more spread out. It is named so because there was a transit of Venus in 2012, in June I think. That's when Venus comes between the earth and the sun. `Sign of the Times' is great, it's real great! `Chalk Outline is good as well, and it's the main single of the album. `The High Road' is for sure my favorite song of the album. The chorus is so addicting and I love everything else about it as well! In my opinion, the only part of `Operate' worth listening to is the guitar. It is a decent song to listen to when I haven't heard it in a while. The chorus of `Anonymous' just sounds like guitar slamming, drum bashing, and screaming. It's not a bad song, I'm just picky when it comes to rock music like Three Days Grace. `Misery Loves My Company' is one of my favorite TDG songs, it is great throughout the whole song. `Give In To Me,' originally by Michael Jackson, is a great song in general. Three Days Grace added some hard rock, and it works very well; I love it! `Give Me A Reason' and `Time That Remains' are not quite as hard rock as other songs, and I like them; they are in the better half of the songs. `Expections' grew on me, and now I like it. I probably don't give enough credit to `Broken Glass' as well as `Unbreakable Heart.' They are good songs, and I don't listen to them enough.
Maybe you got the impression that I only liked about a third of the album, because that's the impression that I had before I wrote this review. It's actually better than I thought it was, when I listened to it all the way through for the first time since I bought it. I don't regret buying it. Actually, my purchase of Transit of Venus convinced me to get One-X and Life Starts Now.
on April 30, 2013
Ok so I hardly ever review albums but I felt I needed to review this one. I like a lot of rock and metal music. I like 3 days grace and I really liked their first stuff. It seems that most bands these days that get played on the radio lose their creativity and start to just spit stuff out to appease the masses every year and get paid but this album was actually pretty good. I didn't give it 5 stars because it wasn't just like I couldn't stop listening to it, but I do enjoy the album and most of the songs are enjoyable and I like listening to it quite a bit still. Most albums coming out these days have 1 or 2 good songs and the rest are just filler to fill up the disc space, not this album. This album is a solid rock album with good lyrics, some good ballads, some catchy songs, and still creative! I say it's a worthy album of owning if you are into this type of band and genre.
on February 19, 2014
I have this cd since the day it went on sale but today I have heard again and I decided to write this review has to say that for me this cd is just ok and nothing more. There are times it gets boring but always returns to the bench with a good song. This album lacks the strength they had in their previous work, especially the first two. In short, for me, an album not to hear many times in a short time or it can bore me
on March 9, 2014
Excellent all the way through! A great CD. Very melodic songs with some really great style changes, great guitar work and percussion, as well as an excellent bass line. Vocals are awesome. Very happy with this CD. If you like this, you may like Candlelight Red and Smile Empty Soul's newest release.
on September 29, 2014
This is the best album Three Days Grace has ever made in my opinion. It's one of those albums where every song on it is awesome. I wish Adam didn't leave the band after making this record but what are you going to do
on November 4, 2012
ONLY gripe I have is that they didn't send me the album in the classic plastic casing but then again I don't think they do that for any albums nowadays. This CD though is probably one of the better CDs you can own and 10 more years from now its gonna be a classic and join the family with other great old records. Many of these songs will catch on and make you drop what your doing to really pay attention to em, on the first listen. While there are some that may take a couple more listens to really appreciate, songs like "Chalk Outline" and "Unbreakable Heart" are gonna become all-time favorites. Highly recommend this album to everyone.
on June 22, 2013
I've always liked what i've heard throughout the years as far as TDG songs go. Chalk Outline and High Road hooked me instantly when i heard them on the radio and thought this would be a good time to check out an album. I've heard they changed up the style for this one and it works for me. There is only one song i don't much care for (Time That Remains) so 12 out of 13 ain't so bad.
on July 18, 2013
It is an okay album. I really liked their past albums better. This one had one or two big hits but the rest sounded strained like they were just trying to make an album without actually putting much thought into it.
on June 28, 2013
These guys are one of my favorite bands!!! The album is well put together and flows seamlessly! I hardly recognize the transition from the last song to when the disc restarts automatically. Highly recommended!