5.0 out of 5 stars Great and portable
Published 7 months ago by Ronnie Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
Definitely a great, cheap, and easy to carry softbox for on the go. The only down side is it really doesn't want to stay on the flash without putting up a serious fight. If it were to stay on for more than a few minutes at a time (if that), it would be a must have. Product was too low priced to be concerned about returning.
Published 9 months ago by Alexandra Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and portable, February 14, 2014
This review is from: NEEWER 6"x8" Softbox / 20x15cm Dome Light Translucent Soft Flash Box Portable For Flash, Speedlight, NEEWER TT520 TT560 TT660, Nikon SB-900 AF, SB-800 AF, SB-700 AF, SB-600, SB-400 AF, Canon Speedlite 380EX, 430EX, II, 550EX, 580EX, II, 600EX-RT, Vivita Flash, Sunpack, Nissin,Sigma, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonica Lumix Flashes (Electronics)
I must say if I had read the reviews on this product I would not have ordered it. Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) nature< but with in Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions was the largest problem on most of the reviews I had read. I reviewed these in the 2 weeks it took for it to arrive. So when I received the product I was primed for a bad day.

CONS: Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) but within Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions.

PROS: Well It started bad. It appeared I had receive the wrong product misleading model numbers ( my error). I opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it fell off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries. I filed a compliant with Amazon. I put the soft box back in the package went to lunch. Came back opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it feel off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries I reversed the way I mounted it placing the Velcro mounting strip securely on the flash unit then mounting the Neewer Softbox to the flash unit. (IT WORKED GREAT) I have 3 Nikon flash units on three cameras I have taken dozens of pictures. My Son and his kids have also taken dozens with them on the cameras. None of the units came off even the one my 7 year old grand daughter mounted. All the pictures taken were a much higher quality, no harsh shadows no red eye. I am very pleased with the results. This 5 dollar attachment has solved 90% of the lighting problems with the kids I teach. I have apologized to Amazon and the supplier for my errors and thanked them. I have also tried it on Nikon SB-700 , Canon Speedlite, Vivitar, Pentax, Olympus flash units that some of my students have..

Foot note: It dose not come with a protective cover, but a gallon zip lock bag works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even light dispersal, fits many flashes, October 18, 2013
Lisa Campbell (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
The portable diffuser does a great job at softening the flash. It's well built and flexible enough for many sizes of flashes. There is a ring of vinyl coated Velcro that allows the user to adjust the snugness of the attachment. The extra panel depth in the center us a nice touch. It evens the light where the flash is strongest. I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 17, 2013
This was such an awesome find! it works great at diffusing light. I love how it folds up flat for storage. Product arrived promptly from this store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great once you attach it right., August 3, 2014
At first I thought the velcro was to wrap around the outside is the flash diffuser box, but it always falls off like this. Once I figured out how it actually works though, it's quite ingenious. The velcro had a soft rubbery feeling side to it that is not slippery when against the plastic housing of the flash. Your supposed to wrap the velcro step securely and tightly around the edge of the housing on the flash so that the soft plastic is on the inside and the velcro is on the outside. Then the diffuser attaches to the velcro on the flash. Then it becomes easy to put on and take off the diffuser when you need it. The velcro part basically stays on the flash until you take it off. Everyone who has problems with it falling off I suspect I'd not using it right. It fits snug and tight and never falls off when I attach it this way.

Otherwise, quality is great, does what it's supposed to in diffusing flashes so it's not so harsh on the subject. I also like how it folds flat to store easily in camera bag. Works greatwith my m4/3 compact setup.

Great buy for the money. I only docked 1 star for lack of instructions on how to use the attachment velcro properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for something simple to use, August 3, 2014
Great price for something simple to use. Look people it is a piece of fabric that covers your flash. It comes with a flat strip of velcro that has rubber on one side. Wrap the rubber side AGAINST your flash and fasten the velcro. Now take the box and secure it to the velcro...oooh its magic! And for the guy who complained it covered his flash sensor (Facepalm) you can see what it looks like when you order it, you didn't notice it would get partially if not fully blocked by the box??? This is why the general public should not be allowed to vote in presidential elections or comment on the internet. If you cannot figure out how to attach it securely you should not be holding a camera. The people giving this crappy reviews are the kind of people who would sue McDonalds for making them fat. If it doesn't fit YOUR particular flash well and you cannot figure out how to securely fasten it, you're are a mouth breather who should not be holding a camera in the first place.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, December 2, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose, doesn't stay on, February 24, 2014
This diffuses the flash like it promises, however, it is a royal pain in the you-know-what to attach the soft box to your flash. It took me a good 5 minutes to get the thing onto my flash, then it fell off a few minutes later. I ended up holding it on with a hair tie. Other than that, it does what it's supposed to and I can't really complain, since it was less than $10.

3.0 out of 5 stars adequate, but small-ish, October 26, 2013
JimD "Jim" (Hudson, Ma United States) - See all my reviews
The good thing is that this is very light and small and fits neatly into a camera bag ... and it mounts quickly onto a strobe once you have the Velcro on the strobe. This should include the Velcro for the strobe but it doesn't. It does include a strap to go around the outside of the rig once you mount it on the strobe. the face is a bit smaller than I had hoped, so I will keep my Lumiqauest Softbox III that I use for a hair light in my portable studio setup. The Lumiquest was more expensive but it's just as portable and the face is larger.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice diffuser for the price, December 2, 2013
Comes with velcro tape, diffuses the light nicely but you'll want to turn up the flash power a bit. Breaks down for easy storage in your gear bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars small, compact, easy to use. works perfectly for its purpose., August 3, 2014
it's very compact, goes from folded to ready in seconds, and folds up to a small square to fit easily into any bag. The velcro stays well, same with the elastic band around the base of the flash. Feels like it won't be losing it's tightness or failing anytime soon. Keep in mind that this is for external flashes, and is quite small. Isn't made for low budget softbox lighting for video. With that being said, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. good product, especially for the price!

Rate and Discover Movies