Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on March 3, 2015
This absolutely will not fall off your flash, if mounted correctly. See pictures to explain how to mount. The velcro strap that mounts to your camera uses no adhesive, but has very strong "sticky" friction surface on one side -- so it won't goo up your flash, can be removed when you want to, but will not fall off on it's own. Even pulling on it, is very difficult to get off.

This softbox is just the right size so that once folded, it can fit in a small camera bag. Also has windows on top and bottom of softbox that you can secure open or closed with velcro attachments. Those might be useful to throw some flash up and back for bounce effect. Its construction is excellent - should be quite durable, not just a cheap plastic item. It will fit any flashgun with reasonably standard dimensions - see photos.

So I give 5 stars because of it's construction and secure mounting. But take a star away because I'm really not convinced that it softens any shadows in the test photos I've taken so far -- I cannot see a difference with the device on or off. I'll give it some more tries, but I'm thinking this is just too small to adequately diffuse light - it cannot replace a shoot-through umbrella for sure.

But for the price - I'd little reason not to try it for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
77 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
These come in an envelope, and are flat. When you look at the package, (envelope) you can't imagine what it could be, and then you open it. You think, "wow this is really chintzy and cheap", and then you put it together (in 10 seconds) and think, "its not bad". Then you use it and you are hooked. Once you try one of these, you wont be without. For a few $ these solve every flash problem---harsh lighting, harsh shadows, red eye, small flash coverage, and many more. Its so ingenious and the fact that it folds flat is an even bigger benefit for storing and carrying in a bag/backpack/etc.

The TRICK to get the most benefit from these is you MUST leave as much space between the flash (lens) and the front of this thing. The idea being to allow the light to fill the space between (flash/front) and then it "spills" out. If you put the front of this flush against the front of the flash, you will not get any benefit or will get limited benefit.
on August 3, 2014
At first I thought the velcro was to wrap around the outside is the flash diffuser box, but it always falls off like this. Once I figured out how it actually works though, it's quite ingenious. The velcro had a soft rubbery feeling side to it that is not slippery when against the plastic housing of the flash. Your supposed to wrap the velcro step securely and tightly around the edge of the housing on the flash so that the soft plastic is on the inside and the velcro is on the outside. Then the diffuser attaches to the velcro on the flash. Then it becomes easy to put on and take off the diffuser when you need it. The velcro part basically stays on the flash until you take it off. Everyone who has problems with it falling off I suspect I'd not using it right. It fits snug and tight and never falls off when I attach it this way.

Otherwise, quality is great, does what it's supposed to in diffusing flashes so it's not so harsh on the subject. I also like how it folds flat to store easily in camera bag. Works greatwith my m4/3 compact setup.

Great buy for the money. I only docked 1 star for lack of instructions on how to use the attachment velcro properly.
55 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
I must say if I had read the reviews on this product I would not have ordered it. Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) nature< but with in Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions was the largest problem on most of the reviews I had read. I reviewed these in the 2 weeks it took for it to arrive. So when I received the product I was primed for a bad day.

CONS: Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) but within Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions.

PROS: Well It started bad. It appeared I had receive the wrong product misleading model numbers ( my error). I opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it fell off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries. I filed a compliant with Amazon. I put the soft box back in the package went to lunch. Came back opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it feel off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries I reversed the way I mounted it placing the Velcro mounting strip securely on the flash unit then mounting the Neewer Softbox to the flash unit. (IT WORKED GREAT) I have 3 Nikon flash units on three cameras I have taken dozens of pictures. My Son and his kids have also taken dozens with them on the cameras. None of the units came off even the one my 7 year old grand daughter mounted. All the pictures taken were a much higher quality, no harsh shadows no red eye. I am very pleased with the results. This 5 dollar attachment has solved 90% of the lighting problems with the kids I teach. I have apologized to Amazon and the supplier for my errors and thanked them. I have also tried it on Nikon SB-700 , Canon Speedlite, Vivitar, Pentax, Olympus flash units that some of my students have..

Foot note: It dose not come with a protective cover, but a gallon zip lock bag works great.
33 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2015
Works well for up-close shots on or off-camera, however the soft light is still somewhat tight due to the size. That said, I've still managed to capture some decent portraits mounting this to my SB-700 flash off-camera when augmenting this with a reflector 90°, with the fash turned slightly offset from my subject toward said opposing reflector. See attached portrait of my daughter (flash with the NEEWER 6x8" Softbox 45° to the right, and silver reflector 45° to the left).
review image
 NOTE: I am no professional and this is just my opinion of the product. I purchased this 6x8 softbox last year for my canon flash it has done its job for a cheap softbox. For a few bucks you would be surprised at much it changes your photos. Its held up nicely with a bit of abuse cramming it in my bag and tossing it about. I have provided a video review and I encourage you to watch it to see a better in depth review. It has a velcro ring that attaches to your light then you add the softbox to it. It also has 2 openings in the back to allow less light through which is nice. It gives you some options to play with. The biggest thing for me as a hobbyist photographer was learning lighting and the various techniques and this has really helped me. The only thing I am knocking one star for is the fact that it needs a bit more room between the flash and the front of the box to allow it to fill better and spill the light. The way its designed its kinda tricky to get that distance. The picture you see on here shows a perfect softbox with decent distance. With mine its not quite like that..its a bit more smashed, so to speak. All in all I like the product and I am giving it 4 stars for its ease of use and durability. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you for reading and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
on October 18, 2013
The portable diffuser does a great job at softening the flash. It's well built and flexible enough for many sizes of flashes. There is a ring of vinyl coated Velcro that allows the user to adjust the snugness of the attachment. The extra panel depth in the center us a nice touch. It evens the light where the flash is strongest. I recommend this product.
on May 3, 2015
Got this less than two days after ordering with Amazon prime. Great purchase! I set it up and tested it within just minutes of receiving it. Works great and keeps the flash from washing out your subject. I was able to retain the detail and didn't have to run the ISO above 200 Included is a photo I took with a remote flash to the left of our dog. The light looks natural and not too bright. I highly recommend this softbox!
on May 7, 2015
It's a little fiddly to get on to the flash unit but nothing to complain too loudly about. Solid construction, does not seem to be in any danger of tearing with a little use and abuse. I have attached a photo I took using this diffuser, bounced off the Neewer 5 in 1 reflector.
on November 17, 2013
This was such an awesome find! it works great at diffusing light. I love how it folds up flat for storage. Product arrived promptly from this store.