4.0 out of 5 stars Good Southern Rap
Published on June 20, 2008 by Brian Denton

1.0 out of 5 stars Gucci Mane says don't buy Trap-A-Thon
Rapper Gucci Mane is speaking out against a new album Trap-A-Thon, which he claims is an unauthorized album, recorded before he left Big Cat Records.

Published on June 27, 2008 by F. Martinez

1.0 out of 5 stars Gucci Mane says don't buy Trap-A-Thon, June 27, 2008
This review is from: Trap-A-Thon (Audio CD)

I listened to Trap-A-Thon and Big Cat put skits on the album dissing Gucci Mane. Referring to him as Coochi Mane and talking about how much money($850,000) they got from Atlantic to let him out of his contract.

According to Gucci, the Trap-A-Thon CD/DVD release consists of old material and footage, and should not be confused with his upcoming album Back To The Trap House album, which is due in stores in November.
"It has come to my attention that my former record label, Big Cat, is trying to put out an unauthorized release of my music," Gucci Mane said in a statement. "Not only was this done with out my approval, but the music they are trying to release is unfinished and does not represent who I am today as an artist."

Gucci Mane, born Radric Davis, revealed that Back To The Trap House will feature collaborations with Rich Boy, Pimp C and former DTP member Shawnna, who recently signed with the label Gucci owns, So Icey.

"I ask my fans not to support this release and instead wait for the official Gucci Mane, Back To The Trap House album coming out on my label So Icey Entertainment/Czar/ Asylum/Atlantic Records on November 13th, and if anyone needs to book me for a show or get in contact with me they should only call the So Icey offices."

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Southern Rap, June 20, 2008
This review is from: Trap-A-Thon (Audio CD)
This Is One of the best Cds Ive heard from gucci mane. The album has great production, and Gucci Finds ways to make every song extremely cacthy. The Features dont really help the album, the only one worth mentioning is Big Tank's 16 on "Bling Bling". The lp is a good listen from begining to the end, my favorite is "Bosses Speak". "what they do" is a good crunk/club song, just like "I Might Be". "Choppa Shoppin" is obviously about buying guns and going to war, but the beats makes the song fresh. So cop This Album, it gives hope to the southern trap rapper movement LOL !!

Also get "Back to the Traphouse"

Trap-A-Thon
Trap-A-Thon by Gucci Mane (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies