Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

VINE VOICEon April 26, 2011
Trapped is a story of one man's horrifying experience while in a coma after a heart transplant. The writing really drew me in and was clear and flowed well. I learned some things about heart transplants that I didn't know before and really felt for this man's struggle to come to terms with both his experience during his coma and struggle to return to normal after coming out of it only to be paralyzed. I also found it fascinating to read about his personal dilemma over his new heart. Once I finished Trapped, I found myself thinking about his story and rethinking a lot of what I've previously believed about comas and heart transplants.

This was my third Kindle Single. I've found them to be, overall, very informative and well written. For me, they come in handy when I'm strapped for reading time or need a break between books, when I haven't decided what I'll read next. I think Kindle Singles make great lunch break reading.

Actually, I would love to see the author turn this story/essay into a full memoir. I believe it has the potenital be a great, powerful book, since most of the books about heart transplants are novels. I'd love to read a full, true account.

My best to the author in his continuing struggle to regain full health.
on April 22, 2011
This was the first Kidle Single I have read. Interesting story, hours after reading it I couldn`t stop thinking about it. In just a few pages the author manages to lead the reader into thinking off the beaten path. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it for purchase. Above all I can not wait to tell others of the authors unique experience.
on May 1, 2011
really good book ..... im a 13 year old boy who is very intrested in science and weather....i learned a lot of terminology and like the first review said i learned more than i knew about heart transplants
on August 21, 2011
I've sometimes wondered what it would be like to get an organ transplant, of any sort. Reading this story reminds me somewhat of a real life version of Johnny Got His Gun. (If you've seen the video for Metallica's One then you are familiar.) The protagonist in that story was trapped in his own body after falling victim to an explosion in WWI. No legs, arms, or face (no eyes/ears/mouth/nose), but a functioning brain. Richard Greener went through a similar situation in that he was in a coma after a heart transplant and hallucinated for 28 days. What was real? What was hallucination? What role did CNN and Dick Cheney have in his hell? Trapped was both an informative and gripping read and I'd recommend it to anybody who is fascinated by science, medicine, or personal peril and recovery.
on September 23, 2012
The descriptions of this man's hallucinations were so good they were scary. As someone interested in delusionary episodes for decades, this really gives a vivid picture of what they're like from the inside.
on March 5, 2012
Trapped is a fascinating look into life post-transplant. Richard Greener tells about the "other" details about his heart transplant that I've never really heard anyone talk about, especially the part about not "feeling" his new heart, neither emotionally, nor physically, even as his new heart adapted to its new body.

I wonder about what kinds of expectations he had about receiving the heart of someone else, before his surgery. What expectations does he now experience for life with his new heart.

I sense some disappointment.

I think that this aspect of transplant surgery, ie., lack of "feeling", could very well be the starting point for a science fiction novel, perhaps a horror story?

Otherwise, the story was short. Very short. I think I would have preferred a longer telling of this experience.

Four Stars: because the Fifth Star would have happened if there had been some speculation about the "What Else" that he was concerned about. Perhaps he could have explored that aspect of his story a little more. Perhaps he would have found something more within himself about the "what else" that would have evolved into whatever "what else" would yet become.

I heartily recommend this Kindle Single to others. It'll make you think, and that's important, for me, and hopefully for you.
on December 12, 2011
This was a riveting single, intriguing enough for me to zip through it very quickly, but I wanted to know more. A tantalizing glimpse into a real-life tragedy that shied away from any real depth or self-revelation. Tell us more.
on July 28, 2011
Seriously, I paid a dollar for that? The review I read on it told every single thing, there was nothing. Took all of 10 minutes. Don't buy it, read the review and you will be informed enough.
on July 9, 2013
An amazing journey of self discovery after a traumatic experience! It helps establish empathy for those whose recovery is difficult and successful!
on September 27, 2011
A very GOOD afernoon read! Makes you stop and do a bit of soul searching. One day it could be you or me in this situation. What would you do?