Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trappist Abbey Monastery Date-Nut Cake 1lb
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on February 9, 2013
The much maligned fruitcake is getting a bad rap for a host of reasons but this Date-Nut Cake is heavily loaded with nuts,dates and other good natural items. It is really great as a small desert being sweet and tasty with a great aroma. The reason I did not give it a 5 star rating is very high cost.
on December 8, 2010
This Date Nut Cake is delicious. Frankly, after receiving it, I was a little disappointed in how small and dense it was. I opened it up and took a nibble and said Oh My God. It is really rich so I'd recommend a very small slice with an cup of coffee in the evening. The perfect way to end the day.
on February 6, 2010
The fruit cake is very tasty and pricy (as all the good ones are). Glad I found it.
on December 19, 2012
Not any better than the Old Style Dark and Rich.
More like Dark, Dry, and Crumbly.
Thrown in trash.
Guess I'll go spend the money I spent on one of thee and get the ingredients to make myself a 10 - 12 pounder. I've been making fruit cakes off and on for nearly 40 years. A couple years back when I made over 20 a year.
This must be years old. Certainly more than one year.
Save your money. Buy the little $3 cheapy at the drugstore. It taste better
on January 2, 2012
I ordered this because I wanted to support the monistary, and the photo showed a substantial fruitcake size. I was so tiny I was really appalled! For $15.00, it was definitley not worth it, due to the miniscule size. It was about 3" X 3", and the photo did not show how very tiny it was.
It was well made, very moist, wonderfully delicious, but way over priced for the very tiny amount of cake delivered. I was frankly shocked that clergy and people who supposedly are honest and God fearing would do such a scam.
on October 30, 2013
Very moist, dense and full of good fruit cake flavor. Was really a treat and I will be buying one again and would give as a gift to a friend that likes a good fruitcake because this one is it!
on December 21, 2012
Excellent real fruit cake. Seriously solid and dark and heavy true english style traditional heavy fruitcake. The closest I have ever come to finding one as good as my old Mum used to make.
on December 29, 2014
I have purchased these little date-nut cakes off and on for decades now. I hope most of the profit goes to the Monastery. Previously these were purchased direct from the Monastery, but now it seems there is a middle man or two since this is offered by Amazon. Anyway, they are very tasty and a lot of fun to send to friends.
on March 29, 2013
As several others have commented, it is a small cake with big flavor, This is fruitcake with wonderful flavor and texture is great,
on January 6, 2014
I got two 1lb old style Monastery Fruitcakes for Christmas, like some of the other reviews my first thought was its so small, however first taste and I knew just a small piece with milk would be just fine. 2nd thought was thank god I'm the only one in this house who likes Fruitcake. And for the reviews that said it was expensive, remember you get what you pay for, and this is worth it. Irene from Connecticut