Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 2, 2011
I have been buying and eating fruitcakes for 70 years and nobody comes close to yours. You folks are the fruitcakes KING OF THE WORLD. For heavens sake, don't ever change the recipe. Don't know how you make them so moist. I suspect it that soaking in brandy you put them through. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to drive a car after eating a piece of your cake, but I made it home with only one eye working. I just ordered a three pounder for Christmas, and if it goes as quick as the two pounder we just finished i'm sure I will be back at the trough. Lt.Col. Von Freeman US Army Retired
on November 28, 2012
I love dark fruitcake. But, I hate to make it and you really cannot find it in the local stores. So, I ordered 2. Boy, was I surprised when I opened the box and discovered that "1 pound" of fruit cake is a cube that is a little over 2-inches per side. At $15-plus per cake, it seems very pricey to me.

On the plus side, it tastes good. But not $15 good.
on December 13, 2014
I'd heard that this was closest to my old favorite Entenmann's fruitcake (which I can't find anymore). So not true. Other than the lack of citron and addition of raisins, this is nothing special at all compared to much less expensive ones. I feel so stupid for buying it! So little product for so much money. I'll have to treat it like caviar now (which I've never tried but know I wouldn't like either.) what a huge disappointment.
on September 9, 2014
I've had many fruitcakes over 53 years, mainly of British origin, and I used to enjoy them immensely because they remained soft no matter what and how long they were stored before eating but this one was not just hard but rock hard upon arrival. The packaging seemed intact, so I can't imagine it was due to bad packaging and the air having been let out during shipping. I mean it was so hard that I think I probably could've used it to pound regular wood nails into my wall if I didn't mind bits of fruitcake decorating my wall as well.
on December 12, 2014
This was my first time purchasing this Trappist Abbey Monestary Fruitcake and I was very pleased. It was just a perfect balance of lots of fruit and enough cake to hold the fruit together. This pound was smaller than I thought a pound aould be so I am going to reorder today the larger size. Delicious.
on January 5, 2013
You will want to buy one for yourself and one to share with the family. This is hands down the best fruitcake I have ever had in my life. It was so delicious that we doled it out like it in precious slices and doused them with heavy cream. We had it for Christmas and a couple of days after.

This is fruitcake the tastes like plum pudding actually, with the fattest most succulent dried fruit morsels and giant pecans in a brandy soaked rich dark cake that melts lusciously in your mouth. heavy cream is really gilding the lily but takes it to a heavenly place and since its made by Trappist Monks I can attest to its HOLINESS!

It is rich, rich, rich. At first I was shocked at how small (but HEAVY) it was. Then after the first slice of it, I understood - it is so dense you can only have a small slice at a time.

My mouth is watering just thinking of it.

Those monks are truly doing God's Work as far as fruitcake is concerned. GOD BLESS THEM.
on December 14, 2011
This a great fruitcake. Let me start off by saying im not a huge fan of fruitcakes. The first thing I noticed was this fruitcake was TINY!!! I was shocked, I will never buy one again for this price. It was about 4"x4" on the large side. It fits neatly into the palm of my hand. It has a nice red cherry in the middle with some pecans arranged to point to it from each corner, clearly an attempt at a design.

The fruitcake itself is delicious, it is a dark, dense, and moist cake. It is dominated by nuts, but not overpoweringly so. It has a great flavor of brandy, spice, and cinnamon. It was like eating a pumpkin cake mixed with cinnamon rum raisin bread pudding in flavor. It had just enough fruit to provide it with a nice little burst of refreshing juiciness in the midst of the spiced flavor, walnuts, and pecans.

If price is not an issue and youre just looking to get a good fruitcake, go no further, or if you dont mind spending the money just once to try it, go ahead. Im glad I bought this as it really was a delicious treat, but I will not be able to get it again until I have a little more cash on hand. They would make great gifts though due to their "fun" size.

Pros:
Delicious
Cons:
TINY, should be like 7-8 bucks.

Taste: 9.5/10
Appearance: 7/10
Value: 4/10
Gift Power: 8/10 (If they like fruitcakes)
on July 13, 2013
I had just taken a bite when for some weird reason I decided to really look at the slice and I notifed there was mold on it! Yuck!!! Of course I immediately threw it away and contacted Amazon and they refunded me. So please b careful before chowing this down! I will just go ahead and order the one from Harrods which is mch better although the shipping is ridiculous.
on December 27, 2014
SAVE YOUR MONEY. Sorry but, if this is the best the Trappists can do, then they need to go back to fruitcake school.
Forget the ingredients -- the TASTE is the thing. THERE IS NO TASTE ! It's like chewing damp cardboard with some
"stuff" inside.

I, my wife, and my son all give this mess a D- grade. And that is too high.
on January 7, 2015
My husband loves fruitcake, so I was trying to find some to buy for Christmas. Someone had recommended to look for some from the Trappist. I found these and ordered it. He loved it, I've ordered some more for his birthday.