Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 17, 2015
I got this for my godson on his 3rd birthday. It is now the only book he wants to read! It was perfect for a little boy that runs to watch the trash truck every Friday.
on June 8, 2009
My son has loved this story for years. He first heard it on a video we rented from the library and now he has the book and it is his favorite
on September 22, 2010
I was given Trashy Town as a gift, and the first thing I thought was that the title was hilarious. I left it on the shelf for a while because my son was into board books only, but he saw it and wanted me to read it to him. At about 20 months, it was his first 'real page' book and he fell in love. It's fun to read the rhythmic lines as many of the reviewers have said. I also love Yaccarino's illustrations. One thing my son loves to do is point out the two little mice that appear on each page, just hanging around Mr. Gilly. My guy loves this book so much that he actually points to garbage trucks out on the road and says "Hi, Mr. Gilly!" So cute. I definitely recommend this book for your child or as a gift.
on September 9, 2010
This book grows on you. Catchy and melodic repeated refrain. I love the ending where we at least acknowledge that Mr. Gilly needs a bath afterwards. I think it's good that we get to see the dump with the pile of garbage. A good reminder of where things end up when we throw them away.

This book is good for putting kids to sleep. Read it to them a couple of times and then turn off the light and keep repeating:
"Stop! There is trash by the [choose a location].
Mr. Gilly dumps the trash into the truck.
Dump it in-Smash it down-drive around the trashy town.
Is the trash truck full yet? NO!
Mr. Gilly drives on...."

over and over until they fall asleep....
on August 31, 2013
I do not know what it is about this book - but my two year old boy-girl twins are CRAZY about it! We went out for a walk on trash day and you would think the Pope was riding around in our neighborhood - they LOVE Mr. Gilly the trash man! It's funny and "clean" :-) and a instant family classic!
on December 11, 2015
Just what were all these reviews about?! How great is this book? I bought it for my 2-3 year old boy, and it is not engaging at all. This book does not leave the child with any joy, any lesson, so what is so good about a big guy collecting trash around town and bathing at the end, big deal! No seriously, I wasted my money! Probably the most boring pointless book we owned.
on December 5, 2010
Bought this book after checking it out at the library. My 3 year old son is obsessed with garbage trucks and this is a sweet little story about Mr. Gilly and his route. My son anticipates the ending and still laughs every time! Definitely recommend!
on June 10, 2015
My kids love this story! If your kids are into big trucks, they'll love it! This book was turned into a show, which we saw first. They loved the telling of the story so, I bought the book.
on March 9, 2015
Grandson likes this book. However, I think more of the photos should show the trash truck itself, not just where he is picking up the trash. I have the video on DVD and it is very good.
on May 8, 2013
My grandchildren loved the rhythm of this story and quickly caught on to it. Very soon my kindergartner was reading it to her little brother and they are currently keeping it bedside.