Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 7, 2012
Great adapter! I bought these before I left for Italy. It arrived promptly and worked fantastic. I traveled to Florence, Rome and Northern Italy and it was correct for all hotels. They've always fit properly and they are STURDY! I couldn't imagine these things falling apart like other adapters that I've read reviews about have done. As these adapters are always sold singly for ridiculously high prices I thought it would be a wise move to buy six and charge more than one device at a time . They worked well for cell, iPad, cptr, camera, etc).
on September 3, 2012
Make sure that your device can convert power on its own. The easy way to do this is to check the label on the box for your charger. It will usually say something like 100-240V if it can convert power. If it only lists one number, you will have to purchase a converter to convert the voltage, since the adapter is not capable of doing so by itself.

However most small electronics (Ipads, cameras, cellphones, shavers, Hair styling tools,) will work fine

This product was cheap and worked in every hotel in which we stayed
on May 20, 2013
I was really worried about my IPOD, cellphone and Kindle getting toasted overseas with the wrong adapters but these converters really worked and I did not burn anything. It was also great that the pack included 6, if you are a girl like me that can't travel without electronics these adapters really worked.
on October 2, 2013
After confirming with our hotel in Rome if they were equipped with two-prong (ungrounded) or three-prong (grounded) sockets, I decided on this bargain 6-pack with all my fingers crossed because the fit (millimeter of the pin) was still in question. Being that the hotel's electrical system is fairly modern, we were in luck to find the plugs fit. One thing I overlooked before departure was to check the adaptor holes against the size of the plug being inserted into it. As you know, some American plugs have identically sized pins and some have one pin that's a little larger/wider than the other. Luckily, I packed a pair of child scissors and after easily notching out some of the plastic to enlarge the hole, it worked like a charm. My tip is to fit all your American plugs into the adaptor holes beforehand so you have the tools to make any necessary adjustments. Also, just to be clear, I'm sure you already know that these are basically adaptor plugs and not electrical voltage convertors nor surge protectors. If your electronics are dual voltage, then you need only be concerned about a power surge. The only reason why I didn't buy a 220V surge protector is that I had a difficult time finding one sized for travel. Most of the good ones ones out there are heavy and about the size of a small toaster.
on May 20, 2013
These held up for me for 10 days of use. I used only two of the six I bought. I did not experience any of the failures I had read about from others. Perhaps those problems have been addressed by the supplier. I found that these worked well for the non-polarized male plugs like the ones on the IPhone 5 charger and the polarized ones with one male blade wider than the other on a hair dryer. We did remember to switch the hair dryer to 220 Volts for Italy and back to 110 Volts when we got home. In italy, on the 220 setting the hair dryer did the job much faster.

I would recommend this to anyone to use with devices that can run on 220 Volts. (Loved Italy)
on July 1, 2013
Arrived in good order w/ lots of 'hope you like our product emails' ...the plugs are rather poorly made. CONTINUING ON FROM WHERE I LEFT OFF...I've now been in Italy for four months. These little suckers are actually somehow wearing out! granted, electrical connections in Italy are a special sub-set of adapters upon adapters but I've been reduced to changing out the little black plugs from 'Micro Tech' as they FAIL. I can put in a new one, it works...for awhile. Not even going to guess why this happens but I've written off this product; I should have know, garbage in garbage out kind of thing i.e. they were just too cheap to be truly good.

Ah well. Lucky I have others from other trips. Just thought I'd get a bit ahead of the game because we were going to be here so long this tme.
on September 21, 2013
I think each one would last about 4 months. But I had forgotten they offer warranties. And I'm surprised they do - they must get a lot of these back. But then again, is it really worth going through the hassle of sending these back?

If you just need them for a quick trip through Europe or whatever, there will do the trick. Go cheap.

If you are more permanently living abroad, I would suggest something a little more sturdy.
on October 20, 2014
Not the most sturdy plugs but we have had ours for about a couple of years now and they have survived 4 trips to Europe (Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany and France). The pins are a little loose and wiggle around a bit but it get the job done. So far it has worked in all outlets.
on September 26, 2013
These were cheap and all of them worked for me on my trip to Italy. Couldn't ask for more in a pack of adapters. My sister ordered a pack of adapters (unsure if they were this product) and only half of hers worked. But I didn't have a problem with any of mine.
on July 1, 2013
Of the six adapters provided in the package, only two of them worked. Clearly there is a quality control problem in their manufacture. Even after careful external examination, the four that didn't work could not be distinguished from the two that did. There must be a faulty internal connection between the prongs and the receiving socket in the manufacturing process. The two that did work were fine - they were used to charge an Iphone 5 and a Kindle Fire in Italy. If you buy this, you might get all six that work or none that work. There will be no way to tell until you get to your European destination. Recommend you find another vender if you don't like rolling the dice.