Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on January 30, 2011
I am a Massage Therapist in Oregon, and travel between my offices by bicycle. I use these bags to protect my clothes and sheets from dampness and to compact everything so it will fit in my panniers. Try getting 6-7 sets of sheets on a bike! I am pretty rough on them, because I am rushing from one place to the other to make my appointments. Many of the manufacturers have bags which fall apart, for instance the "Space Bags." I have used the Travelon and Eagle Creek bags for the last month, 5 days a week, and have found them both to my liking. The Eagle Creek are heavier duty, and their zip lock plastic runner is more likely to stay on the bag than the Travelon. Both will come off though. This is a minor inconvenience. One of the things, besides their better construction, that make both of these products better than the Space Bag (available at Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and Amazon) is the ease of which I can bleed the air out. The Space Bag valve takes so much effort that it puts stress on the already weak plastic so the bag pops and fails. A Space bag will last me about 2 weeks. The Travelon price is lower than the Eagle Creek, about $13 for two vs. $20 for two Eagle Creek, but the Eagle Creek is so much stronger that I think it will give longer service in harsh backpacking and bicycle touring environments which I am using it in. The Eagle Creek material has a mesh plastic embedded into the layers of the plastic, and the Zipper is much heavier-duty plastic than the Travelon. If I was using it for only traveling on an airplane, the Travelon will be excellent. It is really a matter of getting what you pay for.
11 comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
Packs a good tight bundle to make the most of the room in your luggage. Beware though, the weight increases b/c of the extra stuff you can stuff into your bag so lifting into the overhead could be a problem for some. Rolling clothing b/f putting into the bag saves time and wrinkles and compresses nicely. I used them for heavy sweaters when traveling to a cold climate. Saved lots of space.
on February 18, 2013
Used these on a trip to Europe this past December and they saved a decent amount of room in our carry-ons. You can't fit a lot in them (don't expect six days worth of clothes to be wrapped up) but you can definitely fit two and a half outfits inside one of these.

Quick tip: Make sure to leave room at the end for the air to escape, otherwise your clothes will push up against it and block it from getting out and you'll have to open it up, move stuff around, and roll it flat all over again.
on December 6, 2011
Not only do these bags compress your bulky clothing to allow you to fit more "stuff" into your suitcase. They help keep your items organized so finding items or repacking is super easy. I'm going to order another set.

BTW the larger bag is still small enough to be used in carryon luggage. Having two bags in your carryon makes security checks a breeze if they have to open your luggage.

Update May 1, 2013
Several trips later and these are still going strong. Can't remember the other brand I bought about 5 years ago, but they were not as durable as these. I'm planning to order another set. They are great for keeping things from getting badly wrinkled when departing and then I use them for laundry bags on the way back home.
on December 11, 2012
This product worked as advertised. It's a little bit of a pain to use the zipping up feature on this but overall it defnitely does save a ton of space in my luggage!
on January 30, 2013
basically, if i fill my suitcase to the brim without using the compression bags, take those clothes and put them in the compression bags, compress the air out and put them back into the suitcase, my suitcase is now only 1/3 full. plus, for as much as i travel, i'll probably have these for 50 more years. i guess if these are used frequently they may tear but they're pretty durable. I recommend these since you can manually get the air out, you don't need a vacuum or other special connector.
on March 25, 2012
Really nice and practical product. Really nice for travelling giving you a huge deal of space. Good purchase! We will purchase a couple more!
on July 30, 2012
I used these bags on a recent overseas trip. They work pretty well but are not the best of the lot. I actually ordered 3 different bags to compare their performance, as my husband and I are frequent travelers and will only bring a carry-on roller bag for each of us, so bags that save space are usually handy when we travel for a week. The trouble we had with this brand is that everything bunched up on the end we rolled toward. Other bags keep the items flat. Although they did save us space on the flat end, we won't buy this brand again.
99 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
I travel all over the world in multiple climates for up to a month with one check-in suitcase and these are invaluable. I am off to India and Bhutan, and require different clothes for Kolkata (high in 80's) and foothills of the Himalayas (10,000 feet plus altitude and lows in 30's) and these fill the bill. I pack according to area/climate, so I can easily find what I need, put what isn't needed in a drawer (or leave in suitcase) unsealed and when required due to an "early" (6 AM) flight/train can repack in 10 minutes.

I use them for little trips with one carry-on and they are equally useful.
on August 7, 2013
I have the Ziploc Space Bags, and those have been awesome. These? Not as awesome. I bought them for a camping trip that I was flying too and needed to waterproof and shrink my gear. Shrinking they do a good job on...keeping things vacuum sealed? Not so much. The design seems flawed, in that if you don't remove all the air from the "pocket" at the end you roll towards, air will get back into the bag - as a single person trying to roll and compress and squeeze extra air from another spot, this is all but a feat of bodily contortion, and just plain bad design. If you are traveling with someone, sure, I'm sure you could manage it well. They did keep my clothes dry in rainy conditions, and it's nice to be able to throw dirty clothes all in one bag which then gets dumped right into the wash when you get home, so on those accounts, I liked traveling with them.

Also realize, like with any compression bag you have to roll, you end up with one end bulgy with clothes and the other end a little thinned out. If you really practice rolling, this can be alleviated, but who's got time for that?