Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HITO™ Small Travel Folding Alarm Clock w/ Date, Temperature, Week, Alarm Status, Repeating Snooze and Blue Backlight
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 18, 2014
I can't believe how difficult it is to find a well-made and usable travel alarm clock, even if you're willing to pay for it. Most of them are either extremely cheap and flimsy or hard to set. This clock, however, has a nice, solid feel to the case and has the look of quality about it. The controls are pretty straightforward, and I didn't find the clock or alarm difficult to set. It will not be hard to adjust when changing time zones. The hours and minutes can be changed separately and you can go forward or backward. I couldn't find a way to set the seconds. The blue backlight is adequate in the dark. It doesn't have a very loud alarm, so if you're a heavy sleeper it probably won't wake you. The product description says the temperature is shown in Celsius, but there is a button on the back that will switch it to Fahrenheit. Another button switches between 12 and 24-hour time. The clock uses two CR2025 button cells. To change them, you have to remove a small Phillips screw and open a little door on the back.

Update: My one reservation about this clock as a travel alarm is that it's very easy to turn on the alarm by accident when packing it in a bag or suitcase, since the on/off button is not covered when the clock is folded up, and it only takes a light touch to activate it.
on June 28, 2014
this travel folding alarm clock is NOT what I appears to be in the description. the fold does not protect the setting controls causing them to change your settings. the alarm is extremely weak and is not loud enough to be effective. although returning this item is allowed the steps one needs to take to return it is too detailed and the return charges make it uneconomical. I would NOT recommend this item to anyone..This is the first time I am disappointed in any purchase I made from AMAZON.
on August 8, 2014
While this is a pretty good, small clock, it's not really a travel alarm, due to the fact that all the buttons to set the time and alarm are exposed, even when the case is flipped shut. The buttons are very easy to push. Most likely, you will turn on and off your alarm, but it's conceivable that the time and alarm time could be reset too. Overall, I like the clock. Here are the good and bad:
Pros: I like that the time and alarm time are displayed simultaneously, so I don't have to keep flipping back and forth to remember what time my alarm is set for (I change it daily based on my work schedule). Also visible are the month/day, day of week, and the temperature in the room (which seems fairly accurate and can be set to C or F). The face is readable at any angle, but it is small (of course it IS billed as a travel alarm so it's <2x2 inches), so I generally have to lean over closer or pick the clock up to read it - not a big deal. The back-lighting can be turned on for a few seconds by pushing a button on the top and it is very readable in the dark. There are also buttons for forward and reverse when setting times (definitely less annoying than having to track back through the whole hour because you missed the time you wanted the 1st time). It can also be set to 12 or 24 hour time. It has a small bedside table footprint, only 2 inches square. The alarm beeper is a not-too-loud, constant "beep beep, beep beep" - no crazy crescendo of variable beep patterns that scare me awake or put me in a bad mood first thing in the morning! However, if you are a heavy sleeper, it won't wake you up.
Cons: The buttons on the back and the backlight button on top are always exposed, not making it the best travel alarm but fine for your bedside table. The snooze button (5 minute snooze) is difficult to press just right and I usually wake up completely trying to hit the snooze. It is a sort of "toggle" on top with the backlight button. Push to the left, you get snooze, push to the right, you get backlight. It takes a firm pressure in the right spot to get it, which maybe helps the backlight not to be pushed accidentally during travel, but for every day use, it's a little annoying but still functional.
Hopefully the batteries will last awhile - I haven't figured out if it has a low-battery signal or not, or if I just won't be awoken one day when the batteries die. You need a small phillip's screw driver to get into the battery case. It takes 2 CR2025 batteries (round and flat - you can buy them in any store).
on June 29, 2014
I was looking for a little clock to take with me to teach a lesson on Sundays. I always run out of time and just needed a small clock that I could carry in my bag and not worry about. I love the fact that this little clock has a fold up cover to protect it. It is such a sturdy little thing.

So I can't comment on it being an alarm clock since that is not a feature I care about, but it does have one if that is your purpose. I love the weight of this and the feel is very compact but sturdy. It was easy to set.

I was concerned that only one other person had reviewed this item, but since it was exactly what I wanted I took a chance. I am super pleased. Hope it will last a long time!
on July 29, 2014
I took this alarm on a 20 day trip to Europe. I set the alarm almost every night (yes, the time was in PM and the alarm in AM) and the alarm never went off once!! I left it in the last hotel I vacated. WORTHLESS!
on January 13, 2015
Attractive, easy-to-read little clock, but NOT actually good for traveling. The alarm and time change buttons are exposed on the back side so are always getting accidentally pushed in handling for travel. After getting tired of resetting the clock after every trip, I now pack the clock in the little box it came in for protection. Although this solves my problem, I don't find it convenient and am looking for a replacement.
on October 4, 2014
Very nice looking and convenient to use.

we use this clock on a shelf in our bathroom.

As for the temperature reading, we are not too concerned with the temperature in the bathroom. The temperature reading was not a feature needed. We just wanted a small clock that looks nice in the bathroom and this fit the requirements.
on August 16, 2014
Was looking for the same LL Bean one I had. No comparison. Too small. Too hard to make the light come on in the night... you just had to tap the LL Bean one to make the light come on. Also alarm takes a good press to get it off ... not easy when you are trying not to wake others. If I could find the LL Bean one.. I would get that.
on September 23, 2014
Love this clock. A lot of information in a compact unit. Can't figure out how to change temperature from F to C.
on November 19, 2014
I bought two of these. One works perfectly. The other stopped after 3 weeks.