Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 2, 2010
This is the best most comfortable blow up travel pillow I've ever used and I travel a lot. Also, it's east to inflate & deflate.
But Beware, the side seams will give way on the first use.
The way to fix this problem is to duct tape the connector seams before you use it. I did this and have been used it for 8 overnight trips now with no problem.
on February 23, 2010
I never liked traditional airplane pillows with the hump at the back of the neck. This pillow lets you lean back into your headrest or the side easily without your head bobbing around and forward. The space for your head is indeed bigger than the traditional airplane pillow but I didn't have a problem with it. I could also use earphones while using this pillow.

I like Rick Steve's "Y" shaped airplane, which also lacks the annoying bump at the back of the head, and cradles your head better than this pillow. But Rick Steve's pillow is poorly made and constantly have leaks. Basically it started to leak after I deflate it for the first time - and it's not a one time fluke because I've bought probably 5 Rick Steves pillows now and they all had this problem. That's why I'm switching to this pillow instead.
on February 1, 2010
As someone who has a hard time sleeping on planes, this travel pillow actually enabled me to have a snooze on a 9-hour flight. As a side sleeper, I was able to turn and press my face against it and was not jerking awake because of neck pain from the head bobbing forward.
on June 4, 2009
From a comfort perspective - it's a great idea. However, it is so cheaply made that it didn't even last through the first flight. The blow up sides ripped away from the small connection piece at the back.
on February 10, 2012
I modified the instructions by only one factor-- I found the Travel Nook more comfortable when worn upside down. The surface of the inflatable pillow is softer than other plastic. I used the Travel Nook with headphones, and reached a deep state of relaxation or near sleep during a long flight. I remained comfortable. During a connecting flight, which was shorter, I was unable to reach the Travel Nook, and my neck became strained under the same circumstances without the Travel Nook. I find that inflatable pillows that fit around one's neck are less comfortable. I think this product is worth the extra price, and the extra space that it takes in your carry-on. Be sure that the flap inside the mouthpiece is properly placed to inflate and deflate the pillow. Read the instruction tips. Someone should have marketed this product years ago.
on September 17, 2011
I slept.
Was fresher than when I used small pillows(work related travel).
As a family we used it for our overnight flight from Hawaii.
My wife wanted to use it again on 2nd leg of that journey.
Most important tip: (its in the instructions too) DO NOT inflate until flight is at cruising altitude.
Otherwise there is a risk of it popping.
2nd most important tip: Try inflating to a "squishy/soft" rather than to as a "hard pillow"
3rd tip: the strip holding the two pillow-ends -- that must be at the bottom (not at the top)
And yes, it muffles the engine noise so so so well, and that is perhaps the reason for a good night sleep.
Once I used the product, am simply unable to put it back into the sleeve for packing it away.
on June 12, 2009
Pillow works great. I bought it for a family vocation, received on time. Thanks to Travel Nook we survived roundtrip to New Zealand without complains! Supports head on both sides and lets you relax, just like promised. Perfect travel companion. No complains. No problems with quality either, had to inflate and deflate many times.
on July 18, 2012
UPDATE: I have changed my rating from 4 stars to 1 star based on the fact that this item, which it works well when it works, doesn't work for very long. One of the two pillows sprung a leak almost immediately, and the second started leaking during my second use of the item. So basically I got one flight out of this thing. Great idea, but I wouldn't buy this item given the poor quality.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I'm writing this review from 37,000 feet over Nevada and have been using the Travel Nook pillow since Boston. It's going to become part of my standard carryon gear from now on, at least for the early morning and red-eye flights when it would be nice to get some rest on the plane. This design is far more comfortable than the typical U-shaped travel pillow that strains your neck and does nothing to keep your head from rolling from side to side. The Travel Nook provides a comfortable stable base to lean against even during moderate turbulence. It's even better if you have a window seat, since you can lean it against the side of the plane.

I agree with other reviewers that it would be a good idea to reinforce the attachment points between the inflatable pillows and the piece of plastic that bridges them before either of the pillows tears free. It's also a good idea to either wait until you're at altitude before inflating the pillows, or inflate them only about halfway -- the reduction in cabin pressure will cause pillows that are fully inflated at ground level to swell up noticeable as the plane climbs.

You might also want to have something to put between your neck and the plastic bridge between the pillows, as the edge of the plastic is somewhat hard and sharp and can dig into your neck if not properly positioned or covered by a scarf, or even a handkerchief.
on January 4, 2012
I've tried several different plane pillows but this is the only one that allowed me to sleep on a plane without my head bobbing up and down. I agree with other reviews though -- it is a cheaply made pillow with seams that are ready to break at any time. Best bet is to intentionally under inflate the pillow. Will it pop a seam eventually, with use and over time anyway? Yup.

There's a market to manufacturer this pillow with better quality and hopefully someone will do that.
on June 6, 2014
I saw a lot of people saying this does not work, that it is incorrect. Well, that's not the story. What happens is, when you blow it up, your breath is warm.... and especially if you have the overhead air blowing onto you.... the cold air will "contract" the pillow, hence the pillow will deflate somewhat. The best way to get around this would be to blow it up when you first get on the plane, let it contract a bit, and blow it up again for a wonderful nap after your beverage is served. You need to make the air inside the pillow the same temperature as the air outside the pillow. If you can do that... then, it's wonderful! If properly placed (with the band on the top), the bottom of these pillows rest on your shoulders, and they act as a noise blocker as well!