5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of containers
This is a really nice set for air travel. The containers are varied, although it only contains one spray bottle, I bought another one as I wanted more than one, but this is just a personal choice.

Published 12 months ago by Laura Hastings

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time and effort
Published on June 22, 2012 by P. Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of containers, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)

I have read that the containers leak when traveling. They do NOT leak just sitting on the counter, btw. However, leaking during a flight is NORMAL. The pressure changes within the plane and the liquids expand causing the leaks.

However, I learned a simple trick that usually keeps liquids from seeping out. First, only fill the containers a maximum of 2/3 full. Then take a plastic bag and cut squares that will cover the threads where the tops screw on. (Any plastic will work, even grocery bags) Open the container and place this plastic square over the opening, covering all the threads. Then screw the lid over the plastic. This creates a better seal and usually keeps leaks from happening. In fact, I have never had a leak using this method.

If you have a spray bottle, you simply remove the spray lid, and replace it with a regular lid. Take the spray lid with you and then when you reach your destination, replace the regular lid with the spray top.

5.0 out of 5 stars About Spilling, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
The reason your bottles are spilling in planes:

"(.....) Can you learn a bit of science from this water bottle? You will have to wait for the plane to take off and reach high altitudes. If you feel your ears aching, that is the time to start the experiment. Drink up most of the water from the bottle and tightly close the bottle. Make sure the cap is closed really air-tight. You can slide it in the seat pocket and wait until the plane lands. By the time the plane hits the ground, what do you see? What happened? Who did this to the bottle?
You will see that the bottle is all squeezed up as if someone tried to crush the bottle. Nobody, but the air outside the bottle squeezed it inward! Why?
We live in Earth, which has a rich atmosphere. Air applies pressure to everything around us. Air pressure goes down as we go up in the air. At very high altitudes, planes can't have the same level of air pressure as we have on the ground, since it takes a lot of air to produce that pressure. Now, you took the bottle and emptied it out. Once you tightly close it, air can't get in, air can't get out. As the plane gets to the ground, the air pressure around the bottle will be higher than the air pressure inside the bottle. This air from outside, squeezes the bottle inward due to pressure difference.
Next time you fly, be sure to try this out."

I just squeeze my bottles a little before take-off and they're fine..

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time and effort, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
I traveled across country by airplane and was hoping this would keep my liquid products safe on the plan. I liked the idea of a pouch the size recommended by the TSA. However, the pouch broke the second time I "zipped" it. The reusable plastic bags from the grocery store work better than this kit's bag. Also, the bottles leaked causing a mess all over the pouch. I am very sorry I purchased this product. Now I just have more plastic to recycle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little bottles..., August 26, 2011
Bluestocking (Half Moon Bay, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
After lugging around full size bottles for the better part of a year [I travel at least twice a month], I bought these little guys. Excellent choice: my bag now weighs *much* less! Glorping hair conditioner into the bottle is a little time-consuming, but that's the only downside I can think of...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling..., October 7, 2012
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
These are the perfect little containers for travelling. The bag comes with a nice assortment of sizes and bottles with different purposes. The bag isn't the best quality, but I just toss them into a quart sized ziplock bag. It doesn't come with labels, but that's what sharpie's are for. The item shipped quickly, I would buy from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a seven day trip or weekend travel..., December 30, 2011
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
If you are looking for a package of bottles and jars that conform with the TSA guidelines then this is an excellent choice. The two 2-ounce bottles are good for shampoo and conditioner. The two 1-ounce bottles are good for toner and lotion. The 1-ounce spray bottle is handy for spritzing essential oil enhanced water on your face or hair. The one 1/2-ounce bottles is good for eye makeup remover. Then the jars are good for face cream and eye cream. The actual zippered bag is apparently a quart-sized bag but I put my bottles in a ziplock bag just in case. I have been very happy with this set of bottles and jars and like that the lids fit tightly so nothing spills in transit. So for short trips these are good. I'd say these bottles work for a weekend trip or maxium seven days of travel.

~The Rebecca Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Bottles rock, bag sucks, November 18, 2012
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
Wanted to avoid checking baggage on our last trip so I had to figure out how to get 10 or 15 beauty products into small enough containers to meet TSA rules. The containers in this set were fantastic. Even the smallest ones hold enough facial moisturizer to last several days.

The bag didn't even leave our house. About the third time I opened it, the zipper broke. I did not have any issues with leakage. However, we did check luggage on the return and these bottles were in that bag. I cannot get one of the little tubs open now. Maybe it was an issue of air pressure during the flight?

Word of caution: Kids are fascinated by these little containers. Mine kept wanting to run off with them and eventually one of my kids shoved one of the smallest jars into the larger ones where it stuck. I don't think there's any hope of getting it out.

Overall, there are so many containers in this set for a wide variety of products that I think this is a great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Travel Kit not what I expected, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
While this kit wasn't awful, it left a lot to be desired. Be aware that there are no labels to put on the items. The bottles and vials were easy enough to fill and were usable in the new location. Completely emptying the container and putting the unused back into the original containers not easy to do. The pouch was of poor quality and the fastening zipper broke the first time I used it. Overall, it just seemed of lesser quality and I would look for something that may last longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality--especially for the price, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
This entire set, from the bag on down to the little canisters, is of very low quality. The bag zipper broke as I zipped it up at the end of my very first trip using it. The small canister leaked. And, to be honest, the quality is so low that I wouldn't recommend you buy it even if it were $.99 at a dollar store. It just doesn't get the job done. It's not about the money. It's about the very low quality of the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set (Health and Beauty)
Some of the bottles were OK and others leaked. Good thing I put them in a zip lock bag or they would have leaked all over the inside of my suitcase.

Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set