5.0 out of 5 stars Got our 2 carseats to our flight easily!
I loaded this with 2 large carseats and flew though the terminal, very smooth rolling and the handle is the longest I could find so no one had to stoop to push or pull it. When you pull the rack out the wheels unfold automatically, very handy!
Published 21 months ago by Natasha Stryker

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed cart for personal items
Published on December 10, 2009 by J. Calhoun

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed cart for personal items, December 10, 2009
J. Calhoun (Worthington, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel Smart by Conair TS-34FFC Flat Folding Multi-Use Luggage Cart, Black (Health and Beauty)
The picture is incorrect. This cart looks similar, except it doesn't have the shelf at the bottom, which is fine for personal items, and has some additional features. It is also light weight, although not intended for shipping crates, but for briefcases, luggage, etc. The wheels are the largest I have ever seen on a cart intended for such items, (so it rolls easily and quietly) and when you fold up the cart, they fold also, making the entire folded cart something like 2 1/2" thick. There is a locking piece for the handle, since it folds. In order to be any lighter, it would either have to be flimsy or have plastic on it. As it is, it is light enough for those who cannot lift heavier items, and it easily fits in any car trunk with room to spare. When extended, the wheels do not touch the ground until you tilt the cart, so it won't roll away on its own when it sits on the ground.

The entire cart is long enough that even tall persons will not have to bend over when using it -- many others are too short. Short persons will not find it awkward, either.

I have several other carts, but wanted a lighter one, one that was longer at the handle, and that did not take up so much room in the trunk. This would be a good choice for someone who cannot carry things. It is sturdy enough that I expect it to last a long time, given care. The only drawbacks are that is is not inexpensive, and that it has a tendency for the wheels to start to fold up when sitting up on the ground, unless you have 5 pounds or more sitting on it. I can't tell much about the construction of the folding mechanism, but the wheels evidently have nylon gears to do so, an unknown sturdiness factor in the long run.

UPDATE 6 months later: The wheel folding mechanism did indeed break, so you have to fumble with it to get it to open up. While you open it up a little, you have to pull out each wheel, one at a time, and gently pull some more on the platform to open it up. This is easier than it sounds, but a little inconvenient. Otherwise, it is still excellent, so I am demoting it to 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got our 2 carseats to our flight easily!, June 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your back and joints - buy this cart, July 25, 2014
This is the second cart like this I've owned. I literally wore the rubber off the wheels of the first one after 6 years of daily use hauling my heavy laptop case and other moderately heavy equipment across a rough, expansive parking lot where I work. It saved a lot of wear and tear on my knees and other joints. The new one is nearly the same as the previous model. Changes include a curved handle and padding on that handle. It takes a bit more effort to open it, perhaps because it's new. On a smooth surface it makes no noise as it rolls. The only thing I don't like about the new model is that the wheels aren't touching the ground when the cart is upright. As a result, when I grasp the handle and start to pull, it first rotates until the wheel touch the ground, then it starts to roll. This is an annoyance, but not a reason to avoid buying it. I've recommended Conair carts to others and will continue to do so. It's a great value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Careful, October 16, 2013
delivery was timely; however, only had it a couple of weeks and one wheel is broken. It still works but you have to manually pull the wheel straight and unfold at the same time. It definitely was not due to the load being too heavy but seems to be due to a plastic being used in the construction of the turning mechanism for the wheels instead of metal, which the rest of the cart is made of.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably ok for average use, October 7, 2013
Dick and Nona (Cocoa Beach, Florida) - See all my reviews
For our trip, I added an extension to the platform so that I could easily place 2 suitcases on it. Perhaps what I did caused the problem, but, with 2 40 pound suitcases the tubular frame in the back bent to make the carrier useless. I had to discard it and pull the 2 suitcases on their wheels. For a single bag, this item would probably be adequate. Liked the design, as it folded flat and can be easily placed in an overhead compartment on a plane, with other carry on on top of it. Not super strong, though, but considering the price, I probably should have known.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rarely works correctly, December 8, 2013
This product is either defective or poorly designed. You should be able to simply step on the bottom rack to have it fold down with wheels straight. This rarely happens. The wheels often don't straighten out and you must then struggle with the darn thing to make it work. I want my money back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Switched items, March 27, 2009
I order this item and was sent a different item then the one shown...The one I received was a cheaper model....

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!!!!, May 24, 2012
Much nicer than described!!! Its very lite but very strong....I put everything I needed to transport on it an away we went.....Constrution is very strong, but again very liteweight...Thanks so much!! Will buy from you again...and again...and again....

5.0 out of 5 stars This is made very well and I love the fact that the wheels automatically fold, July 25, 2014
This is made very well and I love the fact that the wheels automatically fold. The construction is very sturdy and is great for some one who is 6' 2". The handle has a great foam grip. This does not take up much space at all since it folds flat. I am so happy that I found this. I would definitely purchase again or for a friend or family member!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mulfunctioned and had to return, May 1, 2014
The color on this is very nice, and the cart itself seemed sturdy, but the one I had didn't work right. The wheels wouldn't pop out by themselves or open by themselves from day one. I had to push them open manually. Perhaps mine was defective.