5.0 out of 5 stars Like them better than eBags!
Published 15 months ago by Jessica Ripley Newsome

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
Published 15 months ago by smr129

5.0 out of 5 stars Like them better than eBags!, July 17, 2013
So I have challenged myself to travel for 9 days in London/Paris with just a carry on. I knew it was possible, and I ordered three different brands of "packing cubes" to make sure I could meet my goal. I ordered this set from Travelwise, a cheaper four piece set, and then a 3 piece set from eBags. I wasn't sold on the purple color but it's a little deeper in person. These bags arrived first and I was impressed. They are heavy duty, but not heavy. The zippers are solid, and I am impressed with the thickness of the bag themselves, as well as the mesh. My set from ebags arrived today and I have to say I am disappointed. I love the color from ebags, but the quality is NO WHERE near these bags. They are much lighter, and thinner. The ebag cubes feel a little plastic like while the Travelwise cubes feel like a heavy duty One thing I really liked about these bags is that the handle on the bag is double stitched into the material at the top. The strap itself is pretty much the length of the bag, so you aren't pulling on a tiny strap to move it around. The ebags strap is only single stitch and is small in comparison. Although I haven't traveled yet, I can tell you that based on thickness and handle design, I am much more in love with this set than that ebags. The ebags will be going back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes packing so much easier, August 16, 2013
This review is from: TravelWise Packing Cube System - Durable 3 Piece Weekender Set [2014 Version] (Apparel)
Are you planning any last minute summer getaways? Or, did you opt not to travel this summer because you didn't want to deal with the added stress packing for the family puts on you? I don't know why, but when I pack for even just weekend getaways, I find myself spending more time packing clothes initially, than actually unpacking when we arrive at our destination, or packing up to go home. Packing is the one thing that I hate when it comes to traveling.

While I always prided myself on my organizational skills, I would oftentimes find it challenging to pack for business trips and getaways in an organized fashion. And, by the time I reach my destination, I have to spend time ironing my clothes, as they got wrinkled during packing. Not fun! But, I can finally say goodbye to packing woes, thanks to the TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube Set, which I was recently sent to review.

At first, when I took the 3 cubes out of the package, I didn't think they would hold much. Based on the photos of the cubes on Amazon, where you can purchase this set, they looked much bigger. It wasn't until I began filling each of the packing cubes, that I began to see how much they actually held. Here are the measurements of each cube:

Small -- 11.5"x6.75"x3"
Medium -- 13.75"x9.75"x3"
Large -- 17.5"x12.75"x3/25"

These packing cubes are constructed of high quality nylon fabric, with two way easy pull zippers. The TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube Set is available in five colors -- red, black, teal, purple and silver. What I loved most about these packing cubes, besides how much they held and how it made my life easier when it came to finding getting organized when packing, was the open mesh design. I can't tell you how many times I have had to ruffle through the suitcase to find a particular item or group of clothes I had packed. In my trial run of using these packing cubes, I ended up using the small bag for my undergarments and socks. The medium size cube held my blouses, and the large bag 4 pairs of pants -- enough clothes for a long weekend away. Instead of trying to stuff everything into the suitcase, my weekend attire fit nicely into these three packing cubes. Once placed inside each and zipped closed, I merely had to lay the three bags, large to small into the suitcase, and finally zip closed the suitcase.

I was truly amazed at how these packing cubes made my packing so much easier. And, when I opened the suitcase that following weekend, the clothes that I had repacked into each packing cube were reading to be taken out and hung up or put in the drawers. I didn't have to worry about ironing, or wondering where something was in the suitcase, like straggling socks.

The TravelWise Packing Cubes reminded me of a clothes drawer, where once clothes were placed inside, they stayed put and organized. Even with my husband dragging the suitcase around, the clothes stayed put, and didn't wrinkle. :-) While these packing cubes would be great for frequent travelers, I can see them also making for a great gift idea for those hard to shop for people, or people who have everything. If you have kids going off to college, these packing cubes would make weekend trips homes to do laundry easier. You will be able to sort their clothes by the way they organize them in the three cubes. And, one you are done doing the laundry, or they are, simply put the clothes back into their cubes and you are ready to go, without having to worry about ironing a second time once the clothes are removed from the suitcase. Unlike many companies out there, TravelWise is so sure that they you will like these packing cubes, that they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on each packing set.

So, with the summer winding down, why not squeeze in one final vacation -- either with the kids or without. Save time and eliminate stress by packing with the TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube set. I will not pack any other way for now on. :-)

Disclosure: I received a sample to aid in my review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 23, 2013
Danielle (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I still prefer the lightweight material of the eBags over these, but in a pinch I needed some for my mom before our trip and these are the only ones that offered Prime shipping at the time. They work great and are made from quality material and zippers. I can't say enough about how amazing packing cubes in general are, when organizing your suitcase. I just got back from a two week trip around Europe, and it is the first time ever that my bag doesn't look like a tornado ran through it, thanks to packing cubes!

4.0 out of 5 stars TravelWise Packing Cube System - Durable 3 Piece Set (Small, Medium, Large), November 21, 2013
I have used these for "short" trips and have loved how they kept everything together and wearable right out of the suitcase without looking like crushed.
The first time I used it was in my carry-on (an over-sized backpack), since I hate to check my bags. I used the smallest bag for my Kindle, my XOOM and an oversized scarf/shawl and still had "empty" space. It was so easy to grab from my bag as we were putting my things in the overhead bin. The medium and small bags kept my clothes together and neat even though it was a little tight in the backpack. These will be the first thing I grab when I am traveling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep your bag organized, August 6, 2013
I used these to attend my first blogging conference, and I needed to pack a lot of stuff in a really small spot. This set first perfectly in a 20 inch rolling suitcase and I still had room to pack an small duffle bag in the suitcase as well. I love that I could separate by type of clothing or by how many days I would be gone. It made packing and traveling SO much easier!

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, July 9, 2013
smr129 (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, I will be returning these bags. Love the concept, but these bags were smaller than I thought they would be and, for me, they would not be helpful when packing. Additionally, I ordered two sets, one in black and one in silver so that my clothes and my husbands clothes would be easily identifiable - the website shows the silver color as silver... it actually a dark gray and almost identical to the black so if you are looking for two distinctly different color sets don't chose the black and silver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed but still like, September 18, 2013
This is the third set that I bought but the stitching around the mesh area came apart in three places after only being used two times. I just re-stitched it myself instead of returning.

Update:
Thanks to The Travelwise Team for above and beyond customer service in promptly replacing my travel set! You have made a die-hard customer out of me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size and Quality at the right price - Soccer Coach, August 15, 2013
I was a little hesitant about buying these I read most of the good and bad ratings. I bought two sets and I am now thinking on buying two more sets. I have a youth soccer traveling team with two of my sons ages 11-13, and every time I travel with them I used plastic zip-lock bags to keep everything organized, and easy to access. Plastic bags worked fine, but when they only lasted a few trips before they ripped, plus none of them were the right size for everything.
I have a Nike Team Training Max Air Small Duffel bag, I was able to use 1-Medium and 2-Small bags with enough clothes for a 9 day trip, including a pair of jeans. and a set of shoes. This made it so easy to keep all my items organized and in great shape to avoid wrinkles. My sons have the Nike Team Training Max Air Medium Duffel bag and the larger bag fitted nicely on theirs.
My final thoughts, if you are looking to buy these go for them, they are a nice product and the right price. Zippers are also very good quality, they seemed close to the same quality as my nike bag, which are very high end and durable. I now use one of the larger bags to fit 2-#5 Soccer balls, and easy way to take them to my games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cubes, weak zipper loops, August 11, 2013
The material of the packing cubes are nice and sturdy. The zippers themselves are fine, but they have a string loop that attaches to the zipper meant to help you zip more easily. Unfortunately all of the string loops on my zippers have broken. They are not necessary to the functionality of the zipper, just there as an added convenience. I would purchase more of these cubes. The large one is good for adult clothing for 3-5 days. The medium sized cube can fit 3-5 days of children's clothing. The small one is good for underwear/socks/etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set; wide range of color choices, June 1, 2014
vivid_blue (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Summary: Strong initial impression of quality; really like the combination of sizes in this set, and the selection of colors available.

Just received the Travelwise 3-cube set, which I ordered at the same time as a 3-cube Eagle Creek Pack-It set. The Travelwise set is a great combination of sizes:

- largest cube is roughly briefcase-size, or about the height and width of a brown paper grocery bag (but only 3.5" deep);
- middle cube is about 13" x 9.5" (sort of legal-paper-sized);
- smallest cube is about the size of a small cereal box, or slightly bigger than a guidebook (DK Eyewitness size, not Rick Steves).

The interior seams are nicely finished and zippers work smoothly (there are double/two-way zippers for each bag, so you can open or close at any point along the opening). Nylon fabric has a slight sheen to it - subtle, not gaudy. I hope to report back on the durability and stain resistance of the fabric/mesh after we get back from our trip, but for now it seems sturdy enough. The mesh is black (vs. the purple fabric) and has slightly larger openings, which I find easier to look through compared to the EC set. The cubes had a very faint hint of plastic smell when I took them out of the package, but it seems to be dissipating now and was not too strong for me to consider sending these back. (I have done that with other types of gear, I get headaches in response to strong smells.)

I really like the combination of sizes for this starter set - works great for either an adult or a child traveler. Note that I am planning to use this to pack a (shared) family suitcase; I might want to add/substitute another medium cube for the large if I was trying to do one-bag/backpacking travel for myself. (The Travelwise medium cube in this set is about the size of the largest EC cube for the Pack-It set.)

Am also really happy about the wide range of colors available. With multiple family members sharing a bag, it's nice to be able to color-code to other travel things we already own.

I hope to update once we get back from our trip.