Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on July 17, 2013
So I have challenged myself to travel for 9 days in London/Paris with just a carry on. I knew it was possible, and I ordered three different brands of "packing cubes" to make sure I could meet my goal. I ordered this set from Travelwise, a cheaper four piece set, and then a 3 piece set from eBags. I wasn't sold on the purple color but it's a little deeper in person. These bags arrived first and I was impressed. They are heavy duty, but not heavy. The zippers are solid, and I am impressed with the thickness of the bag themselves, as well as the mesh. My set from ebags arrived today and I have to say I am disappointed. I love the color from ebags, but the quality is NO WHERE near these bags. They are much lighter, and thinner. The ebag cubes feel a little plastic like while the Travelwise cubes feel like a heavy duty One thing I really liked about these bags is that the handle on the bag is double stitched into the material at the top. The strap itself is pretty much the length of the bag, so you aren't pulling on a tiny strap to move it around. The ebags strap is only single stitch and is small in comparison. Although I haven't traveled yet, I can tell you that based on thickness and handle design, I am much more in love with this set than that ebags. The ebags will be going back!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2013
Are you planning any last minute summer getaways? Or, did you opt not to travel this summer because you didn't want to deal with the added stress packing for the family puts on you? I don't know why, but when I pack for even just weekend getaways, I find myself spending more time packing clothes initially, than actually unpacking when we arrive at our destination, or packing up to go home. Packing is the one thing that I hate when it comes to traveling.

While I always prided myself on my organizational skills, I would oftentimes find it challenging to pack for business trips and getaways in an organized fashion. And, by the time I reach my destination, I have to spend time ironing my clothes, as they got wrinkled during packing. Not fun! But, I can finally say goodbye to packing woes, thanks to the TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube Set, which I was recently sent to review.

At first, when I took the 3 cubes out of the package, I didn't think they would hold much. Based on the photos of the cubes on Amazon, where you can purchase this set, they looked much bigger. It wasn't until I began filling each of the packing cubes, that I began to see how much they actually held. Here are the measurements of each cube:

Small -- 11.5"x6.75"x3"
Medium -- 13.75"x9.75"x3"
Large -- 17.5"x12.75"x3/25"

These packing cubes are constructed of high quality nylon fabric, with two way easy pull zippers. The TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube Set is available in five colors -- red, black, teal, purple and silver. What I loved most about these packing cubes, besides how much they held and how it made my life easier when it came to finding getting organized when packing, was the open mesh design. I can't tell you how many times I have had to ruffle through the suitcase to find a particular item or group of clothes I had packed. In my trial run of using these packing cubes, I ended up using the small bag for my undergarments and socks. The medium size cube held my blouses, and the large bag 4 pairs of pants -- enough clothes for a long weekend away. Instead of trying to stuff everything into the suitcase, my weekend attire fit nicely into these three packing cubes. Once placed inside each and zipped closed, I merely had to lay the three bags, large to small into the suitcase, and finally zip closed the suitcase.

I was truly amazed at how these packing cubes made my packing so much easier. And, when I opened the suitcase that following weekend, the clothes that I had repacked into each packing cube were reading to be taken out and hung up or put in the drawers. I didn't have to worry about ironing, or wondering where something was in the suitcase, like straggling socks.

The TravelWise Packing Cubes reminded me of a clothes drawer, where once clothes were placed inside, they stayed put and organized. Even with my husband dragging the suitcase around, the clothes stayed put, and didn't wrinkle. :-) While these packing cubes would be great for frequent travelers, I can see them also making for a great gift idea for those hard to shop for people, or people who have everything. If you have kids going off to college, these packing cubes would make weekend trips homes to do laundry easier. You will be able to sort their clothes by the way they organize them in the three cubes. And, one you are done doing the laundry, or they are, simply put the clothes back into their cubes and you are ready to go, without having to worry about ironing a second time once the clothes are removed from the suitcase. Unlike many companies out there, TravelWise is so sure that they you will like these packing cubes, that they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on each packing set.

So, with the summer winding down, why not squeeze in one final vacation -- either with the kids or without. Save time and eliminate stress by packing with the TravelWise 3-Piece Packing Cube set. I will not pack any other way for now on. :-)

Disclosure: I received a sample to aid in my review. All views shared are mine and mine alone.
on July 23, 2013
I still prefer the lightweight material of the eBags over these, but in a pinch I needed some for my mom before our trip and these are the only ones that offered Prime shipping at the time. They work great and are made from quality material and zippers. I can't say enough about how amazing packing cubes in general are, when organizing your suitcase. I just got back from a two week trip around Europe, and it is the first time ever that my bag doesn't look like a tornado ran through it, thanks to packing cubes!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
This is the third set that I bought but the stitching around the mesh area came apart in three places after only being used two times. I just re-stitched it myself instead of returning.

Thanks to The Travelwise Team for above and beyond customer service in promptly replacing my travel set! You have made a die-hard customer out of me.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2013
I used these to attend my first blogging conference, and I needed to pack a lot of stuff in a really small spot. This set first perfectly in a 20 inch rolling suitcase and I still had room to pack an small duffle bag in the suitcase as well. I love that I could separate by type of clothing or by how many days I would be gone. It made packing and traveling SO much easier!
on November 21, 2013
I have used these for "short" trips and have loved how they kept everything together and wearable right out of the suitcase without looking like crushed.
The first time I used it was in my carry-on (an over-sized backpack), since I hate to check my bags. I used the smallest bag for my Kindle, my XOOM and an oversized scarf/shawl and still had "empty" space. It was so easy to grab from my bag as we were putting my things in the overhead bin. The medium and small bags kept my clothes together and neat even though it was a little tight in the backpack. These will be the first thing I grab when I am traveling.
on August 11, 2013
The material of the packing cubes are nice and sturdy. The zippers themselves are fine, but they have a string loop that attaches to the zipper meant to help you zip more easily. Unfortunately all of the string loops on my zippers have broken. They are not necessary to the functionality of the zipper, just there as an added convenience. I would purchase more of these cubes. The large one is good for adult clothing for 3-5 days. The medium sized cube can fit 3-5 days of children's clothing. The small one is good for underwear/socks/etc.
on July 9, 2013
Unfortunately, I will be returning these bags. Love the concept, but these bags were smaller than I thought they would be and, for me, they would not be helpful when packing. Additionally, I ordered two sets, one in black and one in silver so that my clothes and my husbands clothes would be easily identifiable - the website shows the silver color as silver... it actually a dark gray and almost identical to the black so if you are looking for two distinctly different color sets don't chose the black and silver.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 20, 2015
 We like to travel, but traveling with kids can be stressful - not only am I packing my own stuff, but I am packing for my two kids. I have to make sure that I bring everything we need, and that it is organized too. These packing cubes make packing and unpacking easy!

We have used TravelWise packing cubes before, and I love the idea of this 3-piece packing cube system. For one, this set is available in a variety of colors, so you can color coordinate for each member of your family. What I do is pack for myself, and then pack for my two children, and then put all the cubes together in a large duffel bag or suitcase. This is a great system for me, because when you we to our destination, I can put the cubes near where each person is sleeping, and that way they can find their clothes and other belongings. This goes for everything from camping to visiting family. When we get home, I can then put the cubes in each person's room and we can be organized and unpack the unused clothing.

This set has three different sizes, and I use the largest cube for pants and shirts. The middle size bag is more for accessories like sweaters, swimwear, workout gear, etc. And the smallest cube, I use for things like socks and underwear.

I love that these cubes have two zippers on each bag. It may sound like a small detail, but it is really useful to be able to grab something quickly without having to chase a zipper all the way around the bag.

I also really like the mesh panel on the front, which allows you to see inside the cubes. I also think it helps keep things fresh. Although I don't use these cubes for dirty laundry, it keeps your things aired out. Plus, the cubes compress easily since they aren't trapping air.

The handles make it easy to transport the cubes from place to place, especially when we get to our destination and when we get back home, so I can grab several at a time.

These TravelWise cubes are a must! I have been using packing cubes for years and wouldn't travel without them. The TravelWise cubes are durable and well-made, down to the details.

I received this set in exchange for my honest review, but I have used TravelWise cubes before and I love this 3-piece turquoise set! I will be adding more sets in other colors for the rest of my family members.
on August 15, 2013
I was a little hesitant about buying these I read most of the good and bad ratings. I bought two sets and I am now thinking on buying two more sets. I have a youth soccer traveling team with two of my sons ages 11-13, and every time I travel with them I used plastic zip-lock bags to keep everything organized, and easy to access. Plastic bags worked fine, but when they only lasted a few trips before they ripped, plus none of them were the right size for everything.
I have a Nike Team Training Max Air Small Duffel bag, I was able to use 1-Medium and 2-Small bags with enough clothes for a 9 day trip, including a pair of jeans. and a set of shoes. This made it so easy to keep all my items organized and in great shape to avoid wrinkles. My sons have the Nike Team Training Max Air Medium Duffel bag and the larger bag fitted nicely on theirs.
My final thoughts, if you are looking to buy these go for them, they are a nice product and the right price. Zippers are also very good quality, they seemed close to the same quality as my nike bag, which are very high end and durable. I now use one of the larger bags to fit 2-#5 Soccer balls, and easy way to take them to my games.