Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on January 8, 2010
I bought this set for a recent trip, and was pleased with how well it was constructed. It even had a nice interior cover that can be zipped over your clothes and includes a sort of compression strap system that was helpful in getting everything packed in there. The collapsible handle is sturdy and locks in place to prevent damage by overly enthusiastic baggage handlers. It also has convenient carry handles on the top and bottom to aid in retrieving the bag from an overhead bin. The smaller bag was perfect as a carry-on. I used it to hold my books, iPod, etc.

Just be aware that if you take advantage of the expansion panel feature on the bag it may not fit in an airline overhead compartment. I had to check the larger bag on the way back because I had opened up the expansion panels and stuffed it full.

I definitely recommend this luggage.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 20, 2012
I needed these in a pinch for travel i was going on and chose it based on its size, reviews, and available colors. I liked that i could get a different color than a standard plain black, and the green suited me just fine, and also if a friend ever needed to borrow it it would be gender neutral as opposed to a pink one (which i would have loved lol). Though true to other reviews the green color is NOT as bright and pretty as it appears on the photo, it is a little more muted, but a little more woodsy than olive id say. I have a ton of pics i took from various angles of all its features and even with it stuff full but i don't see where i can post them on this particular items page. :(

I have no complaints over the durability of the suitcase (i don't use the mini one) kinda stupid, don't know if anyone ever uses them, not big enough for my laptop. So the suitcase will be the main point of my review.

The item held up just fine and had no problems with it as a carry on. I flew through American Airlines for all flights and never once had any question of its size/weight issue and didn't have to check it. It rolled smoothly through the airport. the wheels worked well and had no issues with the handle. extended/retracted simple and quickly with a push of the button on top. there was an occasional tip or flip, but i attribute that to my handling of the bag as its a narrower than a larger one so it was easy to accidentally twist when pulling it up next to you, But that was mainly just how i was handling it.

It can actually fit a pretty good amount of stuff in it. I had 2 pairs of jeans, house sweats, yoga style sweats, 8 shirts, 10 underwear and a couple bras, 4 pairs of socks, and a pair of low profile sneakers, pair of flats, and heels. Oh and an extra hoodie on top of all of that. Also had my makeup bag stashed in it too. All that WITHOUT the use of the 3" extender that unzips if you need it. I didn't want to risk having to check it. However on one of my flights, to/from an airforce base in a tiny plane, they had no room for carry ons so they had to be checked (no fee i might add) and it help up fine against their rough handling.

Made it through the airports 6 times and came home in just as good condition as we left. Fortunately no scuffs or marks from being handled by agents or thrown on the belt or plane, and held a ton of stuff! all the intimates and socks and things were stowed in the zip mesh pocket on the inside, packed shoes in the bottom, then pants, then tops, then hoodie,

I am very please with the durability and quality of this piece for a pretty decent price. It did what i needed it to do and did its job well. i really have no complaints about it at all and can't wait to go on another trip with it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 23, 2012
I have owned this carry-on set for about 6 months now, and got to use it for a few trips (3 weekend getaways, and 2 five day trips).

Since I do not travel a lot, I did not want to pay too much for a luggage set. This one fits the bill perfectly.

Here are the good points I see:
* the price is right. I will not be mad if one day I have to check the luggage in, and the airline looses them.
* it is a real carry-on for ANY airline: sure, some airlines will accept over-sized carry-on. But the day the plane is really full, they start being picky and asking people to check the carry-on in. With this set, you would be very unlucky if it was to happen to you. Also, rolling it down the aisle is easy as the bigger piece is narrow.
* color is nice. I got the green one for me, and my wife chose the orange (that is more yellow in my opinion). Both are really a nice change from the regular black/brown you usually get, but it might stain more easily of you were to check it in, which hopefully will not happen.
* quality: I was expecting less for the price. If you avoid checking it in, it should last a while. Fabric and zippers feel durable. The handle might be the weakest part, as it does not feel that strong, but so far, so good.
* the small piece fits on top of the bigger one, and has a strap to be attached to the handle. In this configuration, getting out of the plane, switching plane and walking in the airport is very convenient, as you only need one hand for both pieces.
* The small piece is the perfect size to fit a tablet or a kindle, as well as whatever you would need close to you during the flight or for your trip. I am able to fit: full size headphones, one tablet, one travel guide, a collapsible umbrella.
* For me, this set size is enough for a few days trip. But it might be too small for others. This is hard to comment on this.

A few minor points that explain the 4 star rating:
* when I received the set, the chemical smell was quite strong. The smell went away fairly quickly by leaving the pieces open for a few days in a well ventilated room. But it would have been great if the manufacturer took care of removing the smell for me.
* When you expand the bigger piece, and fill it completely, it will loose it's balance and not be able to stand vertically by itself. This is not too much of an issue as I did use only this feature once. To try to make it better on the way back, I tried to put the heavier items first, and toward the bottom. Balance was better, but I could tell it was still close from falling if I was to let it stand there.
on March 2, 2013
I got this suitcase set yesterday, and I'm very pleased with the design, construction, and, especially, price.

I did read several of the reviews here; some are pretty entertaining, especially those that complain that the suitcase is too small. (E.g., the guy who said his one pair of pants and two T-shirts filled the main suitcase. Huh? All I can figure is his pants are fashioned from a grizzly bear's hide, and his T-shirts are lined with sheepskin.)

Well, the dimensions for both pieces are provided in the item description, and they are accurate. Are some of these people buying only on the basis of pretty pictures?

I'm heading to the Philippines tomorrow for a two-week trip, so I did my packing today. Just as a point of reference that might be helpful, here's what fit:

In the main suitcase (with the 1" expansion zipper closed), I have: 1 pair of pants; 6 short-sleeve shirts; 3 long-sleeve shirts; 2 T-shirts; swim trunks; 12 sets of underwear and socks; 4 handkerchiefs; 2 pair of sunglasses; water mocs (which double as slippers); digital camera and charger; and a 13" laptop computer with power supply and mouse.

In the separate tote, I have: another 13" laptop computer and another digital camera with all cables and chargers; 6 print magazines; all my toiletries; an inflatable travel pillow; and a 5.5" x 8.5" notebook that I use to carry papers, passport, extra credit cards etc. The tote fits easily under a plane seat, and will have all the stuff I want during the flights.

Btw, I'm taking two cameras and computers because one of each will stay behind in the Philippines as gifts -- so, I'll have room on my return trip for a few souvenirs. Plus, I've still got that expansion zipper I can open up.

Btw #2, I am not a dwarf, with doll-size clothes; I'm an average old guy of average size (5'9", 165 lbs).

Btw #3, you people do know to roll rather than fold clothes, right? It saves space and helps reduce wrinkles.

Btw #4, on many of the smaller aircraft, they won't let you carry-on anything bigger than a 21" bag; they'll take it from you as you're boarding, and make you wait for it when you land.

Btw #5, on the puddle-jumper planes they use between islands in the Philippines, there's a luggage weight limit of only 15 to 20 kg total -- yet another reason to keep things simple.

Whether this set is right for you (or not) is going to depend on five things: destination, duration, purpose, statement, and style.

Destination: Where are you going? I'm headed to a hot climate. If I were going to Juneau in January, I'd need bulky stuff like sweaters, coats, etc. Note that I'm also not trying to lug along a lot of sports gear; I'll rent what I need.

Duration: How long are you going to stay? If you've done the math on my packing list, you've figured out that I might wear the same shirt twice. Oh, the horror!! Well, if any get too stinky, I'll rinse them out in the hotel sink.

Purpose: Why are you making the trip? i.e., what will you do when you get there? Mine's purely leisure, so I don't need to pack suits, ties, dress shoes and shirts, etc. Maybe you're a bridesmaid in a wedding, and you have to pack a big, ugly, pastel dress with matching shoes, I dunno.

Statement: Do you care what others think about your luggage? Seriously, to some people, this is an important fashion statement, so they buy Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tumi, et. al. I guess my statement is, "efficient cheapskate."

Style: What's your attitude about what's necessary? This is the biggie when it comes to luggage, and it's entirely personal. As you can tell from my packing list, I'm willing to "suffer" through the repetition of some clothing items. On the other hand, I once lived with a woman who -- even if we were headed to a beach in Mexico -- needed an entire suitcase devoted to nothing but her shoes. If that sounds like you, then yeah, this set might be too small.

UPDATE after 18 months:
I'm knocking off one star, because the outer fabric doesn't hold up over the long term. I had the mustard orange color, and it got very dirty and frayed from hundreds of planes, busses, boats, and taxis. At home, I tried to clean it with a damp rag and mild detergent, and the fabric practically disintegrated -- so much so as to be useless. SO, I threw out this set and will buy another of the same size. But considering the price paid, and the amount of use I got out of it -- more than 60.000 miles -- I *still* think this is a very good set.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
We needed carry on for a trip out of the country and this suitcase and bag worked perfectly. Quality made and very reasonably priced compared to others we saw. Would recommend to anyone taking a trip for a few days and only need carry on vs trying to check baggage!
on October 28, 2012
10/28/12:
For the price I don't understand what folks are complaining about. This luggage costs $40 and with Prime was at my house in 2 days! I will agree the colors for the purple set are also inaccurate but it is still a nice purple color. I am also responding to the comments that say this set was too small. I was able to pack for a 3 day trip with no problems and room to spare. I'm a very conservative packer. To keep my bag organized and compact I purchased the e-bags small packing cubes that come in a 3 piece set for $20. I will also add that I am traveling with a newborn so I also had to pack her clothing and bottles, formula and diapers! I used the smaller bag as my diaper bag. Here is a list of what I was able to pack in the suitcase: 6 sets of clothing for 3 mos old baby, 1 Halo micro-fleece sleepsack, 2 tee's, 1 pair of shorts, 1 dress, 2 tanks, 1 pair of pj's, socks, unmentionables, bra, bikini, sunglasses, 1 pair of sandles and 1 large scented candle and gift box as a gift to my host. In the small bag: 2 bottles, two extra nipples, 3 bags of formula enough for 3 days, 25 playtex drop-in bags, 1 tupperware with 5 pre-packed drop-in bags for the airport and flight, bag of pacifiers, teething ring and measuring scoop for formula, 11 diapers, re-usable dirty diaper bag, disposable bags for dirty clothes, wipes, burp cloth, disposable changing pad, 3 paperback books for baby, 1 kindle e-reader for mama, clear ziplock holding my liquids for security check in. I will update my review upon my return for how the suitcases held up on my trip.
11/16/12 Update:
The luggage set did just fine on my trip. I had no problems at all with the in-line skate wheels (taken from a previous review) on the suitcase and I found the travel bag to be just as sturdy. I still give this item 5 stars and I plan on using it again on my upcoming flight to Arizona.
review image review image
on November 15, 2009
I bought this set of carry-on luggage for my mom's trip to Hawaii and she was trilled. The luggage had compartments, zippers, expansion options, and much more!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 15, 2011
For the price I really can't complain, suitcase appears to be of a good quality and I was pleased with it's performance this past weekend. A few things to be aware of... Expanded this suitcase is still carry-on size. For a 4 day trip I had to expand to fit everything (this included my lap top) and I was unable to include any extra's such as gym shoes. If you are looking for something that is a carry on in one configuration and then can expand for some extra space and be checked, this is not the bag for you. The 2nd bag is as small as it looks in the pictures. I'm really not sure what use I will have for it. I love the mustard color, just nice to have something different but after one trip it is show scuffs. Overall this bag fit the bill, I needed something last minuet and cheep and I did not have time to shop. In the long term I don't know as it has the versatility that I would like n a suit case this size.
on February 22, 2013
This is a DAY 0 review of the product.

1.Measurements.
7.Fun Fact
8.Purple
9.Conclusion

[1] ··················································
First the measurements of EACH bag:
- Roller (H·W·D): [21"]x[13.5"]x[8.5"+2"]
- Tote (H·W·D): [10"]x[14"]x[6"]

[2] ··················································
I have uploaded images for reference of the following information. Here is the images URL:

[3] ··················································
BUILD:
The build looks sturdy enough and comparable to more expensive alternatives. I have uploaded a picture here at Amazon Images for the close-up of the product. The surface is some sort of polyester - definitely NOT the thin cloth-like type.

[4] ··················································
POCKETS:
The pockets are plain space inside. No "inception" pockets for items (like cellphone, pens, etc.). Just plain storage space.

[5] ··················································
ROLLER:
The roller luggage, even for a small size, has handles on both the top and the left side for carrying. It also has a hard plastic handle at the bottom should you need to lift it with both hands.

[6] ··················································
TOTE:
The tote as with pictures, has a shoulder strap with small padding. It has a loop at the back so the roller's handle could be inserted into it.

[7] ··················································
FUN FACT:
It actually has a small padlock and key included with it.

[8] ··················································
PURPLE:
See the image at the link provided above. The images have white-balance adjusted to show the closest match possible to the actual color - when viewed under daylight (6500 Kelvin light).

Purple is lighter than what is posted here in Amazon and everywhere else - not not bright either. The first uploader makes the purple look pinkish. It is not, thankfully (since I'm a dude who just likes purple).

[9] ··················································
CONCLUSION:
What I Like + Super cheap price (select colors) here at Amazon for what you will get.
What I Don't Like - Nothing yet. Looks like quality product at its intended price range, to be honest. Time will tell.

Verdict: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.
review image review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 15, 2010
I got this carry on for $42 to use on a trip from Philly to San Fran. It was good, so far no problem, the wheels tend sometimes to jam but for now they're okay. I dont think this bag would hold up for extensive traveling. I would say its a good carry on for a occasional traveler !