Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travelers Choice Siena 2-In-1 Hybrid Hard-Shell Carry-On Wheeled Garment Suitcase,Black,One Size
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 9, 2010
My wife found this bag for me after I started complaining about having to bring one roller bag and one garment bag on my frequent trips. This bag is perfect for the traveler than needs to bring a sports coat a few other items that usually require a garment bag as well as the typical clothing one takes on a trip. I usually fill this bag with 1-2 sports coats, 2 button down shirts and 2 pairs of pants on the garment bag side. On the other side I have 4 t-shirts, a set of workout clothes, work out shoes, dress shoes etc. Perfect for 2-3 days of travel during the week. Best part of this is that I've taken the bag on several types of planes (757, 767, MD-80/88 (both the 2 and 3 seat sides), A319/320, DC-9(both 2 and 3 seat sides) and it fits in the overhead compartment perfectly. The only plane I think you wouldn't be able to fit them in the overhead would be the smaller CRJs on the regional hops. Anyone who is looking to consolidate their garment bag and roller bag into a single carry-on this is the bag to get.
88 comments|264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
I am a very frequent traveler and was ready to finally part with my Briggs and Riley after many years and this bag got my attention, mostly because of the reviews.

THE GOOD:
Order and delivery was fantastic. The design is also great. I love the fact that it has as suiter and plenty of space for all other stuff. The fact that you can strap a second bag is also a great feature (but see the bad below). I think a three day trip is very doable with this bag. It also is a very good looking bag.

THE BAD:
I have a computer bag (or as my wife calls it: my murse) that goes with me on every trip. This thing probably weighs about 15 or so pounds. When I strap this bag to the built-in strap of the case the weight of it causes the wheels to bend outwards (kinda like a giraffe taking a drink of water) and get locked up because they rub against the housing. Very poor materials and construction. So, I put my murse on top of the bag, which puts a lot of the weight on my arms and off the wheels. This seems to take enough pressure off the wheels where they operate OK-ish. Still a squeak and a grind here and there, and my arms get really tired on those long walks from the garage to the gate.

It really is a shame about the wheels as the rest of the bag is pretty awesome. If you have a lighter second bag, or none at all, this is a great choice for you. The price is also pretty amazing.
11 comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2010
I recently purchased this bag from Amazon.com and it is wonderful. The hard side protects the bottom and the softside allows you to FORCE a full bag into the overhead compartments! It even fit under the seats (2 seats) of the tiny commuter jets! The suit compartment kept my suit and dress shirts looking great for a wedding. I was even able to fit my 17" macbook pro inside. The front zipper pouches were great for my paperwork, and even stowed a wedding gift I was carrying. And it is GORGEOUS (red color)!
on November 4, 2014
I received the bag and was thrilled at the clever design. Took it on my first business trip and not only did the handle literally break off in my hand as I lifted the bag (the picture is from the airport), but the zipper won't stay closed. Shockingly bad construction.
review image review image
During one of my last cross-country trips, my suitcase seam split while I was handing my luggage in to be checked at the airline. The attendent dutifully wrapped it in duct tape, but I knew I needed a suitcase for my return trip. With little time to shop, I came to Amazon and found this gem of a suitcase and had it overnighted to my hotel. To say this is one of the best suitcases I have ever owned is an understatement. I typically spend about 50 nights a year in a hotel room, often flying to get to my destination. I have owned all sizes of suitcase and brands ranging from WalMart to target to fancy mall boutique. This suitcase strikes a great balance.

First, I really like the hybrid hard-shell concept. The back is hard-sided and feels extra durable. The sides of the suitcase are also hard-banded, giving extra support. But the front is soft, and there is a convenient expansion zipper in the middle. When you pack neatly for your trip out and pack a little less neatly for your trip back, it is always helpful to have the expansion room.

Inside the suitcase itself, there are 2 main compartments. The back compartment is great for more fragile items as it is cradled by the hard-shell. The top compartment has a garment hanger, or can be used without the garment hanger for general clothing. A convenient zippered bottom in the top compartment makes it easy to access the entire area. The top compartment also has 2 smaller zippered bags for organization. In the very front of the luggage, there is a large zippered pocket with a smaller one in front. Completing the package are two very durable handles and a well constructed telescoping handle.

If I could add one thing, it would be nice to have a few side compartments in the bottom of the case (and also a business card holder), but I am extremely happy with my purchase. The forest green is quite unique, and you are unlikely to get it mixed up on the baggage carousel unless you are on a flight with me. And if you are, please sit down and introduce yourself... I'm always eager to chat.
on February 18, 2011
If you're a woman looking for a great suitcase for business travel, at an affordable price, look no further! I loved this suitcase so much, I bought the grey one for a friend. I bought mine in green, and it looks fantastic. A kind of sage color, just shiny enough to be distinct, but not too flashy.

Functionally: the folding garment bag front kept my suits and shirts perfectly unwrinkled. You "hang" them inside and then there's a sort of tri-fold wire bag that goes over the bottom and keeps them from getting mashed or moving around too much. The "traditional suitcase" had plenty of room too. It held my heels (I like to carry several, and that's a problem with many carry-on suitcases), make-up (I don't really travel light in this department), files, a down jacket, and some casual clothes even in its normal unexpanded state.

Finally, it's lightweight.

All-in-all, almost perfect. Only thing that could make it better would be 4 wheels instead of 2, to make navigation easier, but the suitcase is so light it's pretty easy to move around anyway.
on March 1, 2012
The design and functionality of this case are great. However, the materials and construction are very poor. On my 2nd trip using this bag (both times as a carry-on) the plastic shell split down the back of the bag. The shell is so thin that it's really useless. It's no wonder they're selling this bag for less than 1/2 of the original price. I recommend against this one.
review image
on March 19, 2015
Like many other users we also had handles brake on these bags. Happened twice. This bag had only occasional use of about a year. Simply pulling the bag out of the rack on a shuttle made the handle brackets tear apart. They are made from some brittle composite material.
Customer "service" making a clear warranty claim a big hassle, obviously trying to make the annoying customer go away.This company is not worth dealing with.
review image
on April 6, 2013
Update March 2015

I recently purchased a replacement for my original raveler's Choice 21-Inch Hybrid Rolling Carry-on/Garment Bag. The bag that I received is NOT expandable. The description states " World’s first EXPANDABLE two-compartment hybrid hard shell luggage • New expansion feature gives you the option to pack more (when fully expanded, it becomes a checked baggage) " However, the bag that I received lacks the additional zipper (shown in the product photos on Amazon) that allow you to expand the bag.

I purchased a Travelers Choice Sienna Hybrid Hard-Shell Rolling Garment Bag about a year ago. I'm a weekly business traveler and have used the bag for virtually all of my trips. I do not like checking my bags and this bag fits in MOST overhead bins wheels out, but not all. There are some 737's with bins that lack the depth to slide it in wheels out, so it must be turned sideways. Not a huge issue unless you are in Boarding Zone 4 of a crowded flight. The upper and lower compartment design is an excellent feature. I like the fact that my shirts and dress pants can go right from the closet into the upper garment bag section on the hanger. Lower compartment has plenty of room for and extra pair of shoes and all of your other gear. Those are all of the positive aspects of this bag. However, after a year of use there are some downsides as well. Cheap construction is the biggest downside. The zippers and other hardware are poor quality and the interior lining has ripped due to the constant use. I would caution anyone thinking about checking this bag, because I'm doubtful it would hold up. At $59.00 this is a good bag that has some nice features, but realize that if you are a business traveler like me it will only last a year or two. I went to buy a replacement and the same bag in Black has now gone up to $101.00. Definitely not worth that price.
on January 24, 2011
As a marketing consultant, I'm constantly on the road. I wore out a Tumi suitcase in less than a year. I bought this as a replacement and like it MUCH better. The top compartment neatly tucks in 1 suit and 2 shirts. It has little nooks to put your ties, belt, socks & undies. The bottom compartment holds my shaving kit with room for a pair of gym shoes for a workout in the hotel. There's a zipper that expands the bag by 2 inches.

It rolls nicely down a narrow airplaine aisle, and I can fit my heavy-duty rolling briefcase right on top. The bag has handles on the sides for hoisting it into an overhead bin.

I should have bought two of these.