5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT luggage case!!
Published on January 20, 2012 by J. Cassens

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly constructed, cheap for a reason
I purchased 2 of these for a trip where my wife and I would use them as carry-ons.

Published on May 6, 2010 by Bruce Willems

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly constructed, cheap for a reason, May 6, 2010

The one my wife used had a problem with the handle after the first flight... while getting off the plane to find our connection her handle would not open. I found that one of the spring-loaded retaining clips had stopped functioning, and I could not repair it. I had to make a usable work-around, as we obviously still had a ways to go on our trip.

The bag that I was using worked fine, and I was surprised that it had no problems whatsoever, since the bag was pretty inexpensive. Well, that stopped on the 2nd trip. The rear hinged portion of the bag ripped out - and while it is still functional, it doesn't look very strong with that rip.

I've tried to locate the manufacturer (there is an email address and a web address listed on the product literature to make use of the 6 year warranty) but neither address is functional. I'll continue to look, and I'll update this review if I do get some warranty service.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT luggage case!!, January 20, 2012
I bought this luggage case for my trip to Japan. I needed something that I could wheel around the country that could be easy to transport and sustain some kicks and falls along the way. I ended up walking through about 14 different cities with it and this was PERFECT for my trip! The handle never locked up on me, the wheels never jammed, and all the items inside were protected perfectly by the hard case! I traveled with it on standard cement, on rocky dirt paths, up escalators, and on trains and boats. I am amazed, actually, by the value for the price! Buy this carry-on! It's not very large though but it can carry enough clothing and supplies for a couple of days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, good value -- but let it air out!, August 15, 2011
Inexpensive but functional roll-aboard, with large wheels that make for easier rolling. Looks nice enough, too.

The zipper pockets are OK, but on one side of the "clam shell", the fabric is not very generous, so that if you zip it up with nothing inside (to use the compartment as a layer between the contents and the frame), it is pretty taut, and essentially seals off that compartment. Would have been nicer to have a bit more fabric.

One weird aspect of this luggage is the smell. (Yeah, not what I was expecting either!)

When I removed it from the box, it *stank*. And not in a "new car smell" way. As in, oh my, a plastic-coated animal has gone in there and died! Even after blasting it with a fan on high for two days, it was unusable.

What's great is that the seller understood, said it probably was not allowed enough time to breathe at the factory, and offered to refund my money, either for an exchange or for cash. I decided to take a chance, and, because the exchange would take a long time, I opted for the cash refund and ordered a completely new unit.

That second unit still had a bad smell, but two days of fan-blasting got most of it out. I'm curious as to what is actually causing it...

Bottom line: serviceable, attractive enough, and hopefully the odor won't rub off on the contents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect check in luggage, May 3, 2010
prefect for the longer trips, lots of room and easy to navagate the airports with it. Took it for my first trip this week and it was a breeze AND it made it through the handlers unscathed!

Great service and delivery ...love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and functional, February 10, 2010
My husband and I take this bag on overnight trips, but it would also suffice for a two-night trip. Enough room for all the essentials, plus it also holds a couple of heavy jackets. The hard shell comes in handy when you are forced to gate-check the bag when it doesn't fit in the overhead on smaller aircrafts. Also, since a few of those times we had to collect the bag at baggage claim, and we all know how they throw those bags around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traveler's Choice Rome, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Traveler's Choice Rome 20 in. Hardside Rolling Carry-On
Bought this in May of 2013 and took it on two trips thus far. The first was to Jamaica and was stuffed full. No problems at all. The second was in July to Lagos, Nigeria. This time I had a very heavy sewing machine plus whatever else I could cram inside. Also no problems at all. It fit into the overhead bins on both the smaller plane to Jamaica as well as the large flight to Lagos. Hopefully it will hold up after repeated journeys. I will update this review if I run into any problems with the luggage.

2.0 out of 5 stars small problems, February 22, 2014
it stinks to high heaven, like a freshly-painted room. i've had it filled with newspapers (usually a great odor-solver) for 3 weeks & it's still nasty. plus one of the zippers is really rough. my biggest disappointment is that right after i bought this, i saw another one i could have bought for less than half this price. ugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice item, April 19, 2011
Very light, rolls well, easy to put in overhead luggage, the hard sides protect my computer. I like it. the surface gets scratched easily

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute., February 28, 2014
This review is from: Traveler's Choice Rome 20 in. Hardside Rolling Carry-On
For the most part the description of this product is accurate. Fairly small and adequate for an overhead bin aboard an aircraft. They are extremely light weight. I have yet to test the durability--will have to post again. I purchased this item @2; one for my husband and myself for the trips we take that are short and won't require check-in luggage. Grab and Go! I am a flight attendant and the only reasons for not giving the product all the stars is because I have not traveled with the luggage yet and for a man...it can be rather small (think about packing camping style--fold in 3 with this product). I also wish there were 4 wheels instead of 2--but for the price? Can't complain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Orange Bag!, July 17, 2014
B. Betts (Cocoa, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveler's Choice Rome 20 in. Hardside Rolling Carry-On
Love this bag! It's my favorite color, orange, so there's that, but it's also really cute and sturdy. I get tons of compliments on this and it is the perfect size for a carry on (unless you fly Delta and they overload the plane and make you check this bag).

I do have a complaint, though. The first time I used it, the little hubcap on one of the wheels came off. No big deal, as it's merely cosmetic, but I was quite surprised. I do love it, though. I bought my husband one in his favorite color, purple. I also bought the bigger (actual check baggage size) in orange for me.

Traveler's Choice Rome 20 in. Hardside Rolling Carry-On