Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 9, 2011
I was mainly looking for something that would stand out at the airport, you know how that works your running late the bags haven't reached the pickup area and then a zillion black suitcases come flying out all at once and everyone scrambles to figure out which one is theirs.

Well no more these strand out nicely they seem quite durable the wheels roll easily so far I have no complaints.

The price for the 3 of them was quite reasonable (under $150) the amazon shipper was timely in shipping them out so I have no regrets about this purchase.

The other nice thing is that the three bags fit perfectly in our Thule rooftop carrier although lugging the big one up there is kinda a pain in the butt.

If I had one complaint it would be that the color isn't properly shows. The picture shows what I would call a medium almost darker blue and the real color is MUCH lighter I 'd hate to call it a pastel blue but its somewhere more in that family of blues. (my wife called it cobalt blue)

Target had a few separate pieces available but their price for 1 bag was almost as much as Amazon sells the 3pc for.

Definitely a recommended buy!

Just bought a second set for $102.51 here on Amazon! WITH FREE PRIME SHIPPING!! 9-24-2012 $102 That's a great deal I have been looking for a second set but they had gone up to over $160 for the last year.

----UPDATE-------------------

I had a minor defect in the second set. The interior zipper on the large case was sewn over the zipper so after using the zipper a few times the thread broke and the zipper started to peel away.

I contacted travelers choice and they requested
1. invoice (proof of purchase)
2. pictures of defect
3. a picture of the outside of the unit
4. a filled out warranty claim form.

Did all that and they sent me a new bag!

GREAT SERVICE!! Thanks Traveler's Choice!
88 comments| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2011
I ordered the 3 piece set in navy blue. Like some other reviews mentioned, the suitcases had a very strong chemical smell when they were first opened. Luckily, I had ordered them in advance of my trip and after about a week of sitting out open, the smell went away.

They are lightweight, but protected everything very well with the hard sides. I also loved how they were expandable - that really increases what they hold. You can pack a lot in! The telescoping handles on the larger two worked great, too. Overall I would recommend this set.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2011
excellent bags, premium finishes, recommended product spacious interior contains safety lock combination, you can save the three into one, saving you space in the closet. very light, very large.
on October 29, 2012
Don't be fooled by the 5-star reviews, this is the cheapest most worthless junk luggage I have ever seen. I bought this luggage specifically for a trip to Europe, as my existing luggage was over 10 years old and starting to show the frame through the fabric on the corners. I thought hard luggage would be more durable. Boy, was I wrong! As other reviewers have mentioned, it smells. I expected this so I aired the luggage out for a couple of weeks. This was no big deal. Everything seemed to function fine when I checked it over, but with no way to see how weakly stitched the fabric hinges were, I didn't realize what garbage these bags were.

On the first flight, the largest bag broke. I had to have it wrapped to get it from Paris to Minsk, where it stayed, too fallen apart to actually be used as luggage. The second piece lasted slightly longer, but started coming apart at the seams after the second leg of the journey. Plastic wrap kept this piece together for the next few flights. Finally, the small piece lasted much longer (probably since I was using it as a carry-on and handling it gently after the disasters with the other two pieces), but the entire thing split in half when placed into the back of a cab, heading to the airport to finally go home. I had to borrow a roll of duck tape from the hotel to quickly wrap it up, and that's how it got home. With the ridiculously short return policy on this worthless item, I can't even get my money back for this trash. One star is too much for this.
33 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
First the good. We recently went on a trip, and after the inevitable suitcases being flung about by baggage handlers, they still looked good. No scuffs, scratches, or black marks that typically show up on your nice new designer luggage after one time through the airlines. Second, these are light suitcases. Third, the spinner wheels are a nice convenient touch for moving around the suitcases. Fourth, the blue color we chose made it easy to spot our luggage on the carousel. And fifth, $160, shipping included for a, "hardside", three-piece luggage set is not a bad price.

Now for the not so great. One, it's a stretch to call these, "hardside", and I wouldn't compare these with the real thing from Samsonite et al at twice the price. The material used is very flimsy, so don't expect to be able to drop a bowling ball on these without any penetration into the storage area. Second, there really aren't any nice compartmented areas within the suitcases. It would have been nice to have at least a couple of areas to put toiletries/cosmetics and dirty clothes, and storage pockets outside. You have a zippered bag that lays over one side, and can attach by plastic clips, which are also on the cheap side. I used this to put my bank/credit card receipts and other paperwork accumulated during the trip. The other half of the storage area just has an elastic strap that stretches over the area, and also is fitted with very flimsy joining clips. Third, the inside lining material is extremely cheap, and I found myself wondering if it was actually paper. Fourth, the company NEVER responded to my TWO messages, regarding shipping (the order arrived the day before my vacation started, and I was trying to contact the seller to make sure the luggage would show up in time). I guess they do such a high volume they don't put any attention to customer service.

All in all, this luggage is pretty good, but don't put it in the category of real, "hardside", luggage. It's more of a hybrid. If you want to pay $160 for a three piece set of luggage that's pretty light, still looks good after luggage handler sadists get through with it, and moves around fairly well on spinner wheels, this is what you want. If you're looking for real top of the line, hardside luggage, look elsewhere.
on December 29, 2011
Luggage is a nice shade of blue, easy to spot on the airport carrousel and the sides are hard enough for casual use. Plus, the bags are very light weight (a big advantage with air travel) and easy to maneuver. That being said, it is easily scratched and marred. Our first use caused many marks on the luggage. Also, with the very first flight, one of the bumpers tore off leaving two sharp screws, and with the second flight, the same thing happened to a second bag. So we now have two bags with sharp screws protruding thru the bag. So if you don't mind luggage that "ages" fast but does keep your stuff safe and is light and easy to spot, these are a decent choice for the price. Just keep some tape handy to wrap the bare screws.
on October 24, 2011
We bought this set for a trip we had planned to CA. We've only taken them on the one trip but they seemed to hold up well during the flight there and back. They roll very smoothly and the telescoping handles work well also. The locks supplied are not TSA approved so if you use those, the airport security may cut them off. One big drawback was the awful smell when you open the suitcases. I would recommend getting these and setting them somewhere for a week with them open so they can air out before you use them. We got them the day before we were to leave so I sprayed the lining with Febreeze several times and then we put dryer fabric sheets in them with our clothes. By doing that, our clothes smelled fresh and clean but if we hadn't done that, I'm sure our clothes would have stunk as bad as the suitcases did. The smell is why I gave this a 4 star instead of a 5 star.
on February 5, 2013
Would love to get a refund.......

I read the reviews, sounded good. while packing for my trip, 2 snaps broke, zippers hard to zip one handed. If you open suited case from wrong side clothes and items all fall out, have to repack. Was worried if my suitcase was opened at airport and inspected items would be lost. Center divider with net pocket worthless, netting so tight and small can only store papers and small items. The only thing that was great was the blue color but the outside shell is completely scratched and dented from one use.....

When I got back home from this trip went out and bought another set of suit cases, the others are worthless!
on January 22, 2012
I got this luggage set for my mother for Christmas. She's needed some new luggage for quite awhile, and so I figured I'd find something that would be functional and flexible for her travel needs. She travels a good bit, and is pretty picky, so I put in some time doing research on different luggage options.

I ended up with this set because of price and color, mostly. She has the blue pictured, which I figured would make it easy to spot at baggage claim (should she choose to check it). I noticed that other reviewers agree!

She has used it a couple times since Christmas and has only had glowing things to say about it. The first thing she couldn't get over is how lightweight the luggage is. All three pieces came in one box, with the smaller pieces inside the largest case. When she first picked it up, she didn't realize it was three pieces, and thought that it was a little heavy. Only when she opened it up did she realize it was a three-piece set, and that each piece was remarkably light. Each piece is covered in a hard rubber, but it's not super-thick, so don't confuse it with something that will not puncture with something sharp and hard falling on it. It does appear really durable, though, so maybe it'll last a handful of years with regular airport travel.

Each case is pretty spartan inside. Each comes with a divider, which contains a pocket. There's also the elastic retainer straps on one side, to hold your clothes in place. Otherwise, it's just a clamshell. On the outside, each has an expander zipper that allows it to get an extra couple inches of girth, should need some more space inside.

I asked her how they roll, since I don't have much experience with the 4-wheel rollers. She said she had no problems getting around the airports with it, and it was easy to haul. The lightweight made it a lot easier to load into the overhead, too.

She seems very excited about her new luggage, and she's been a traveler for many, many years, so I think we have a winner. Based on the price, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new set of luggage.
on December 9, 2011
Liked the bag, but when the handle broke, and I could not find the receipt, they were not helpful about repairs - I offered to buy the piece and they would not allow it.

RZ