Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 4, 2005
Anne Lamott style of writing and style of life make this collection of essays a delight to read. She's honest, humble, humorous and spiritual-all wrapped up in a nice package. Every person reading this book will identify with the life challenges, questions about faith and quirky happenings that Anne speaks about. She shows us the answers to all of it come from within us, as does our own happiness in life. I would also recommend reading, "The Goddess of Happiness- A Down-to-Earth Guide for Heavenly Balance and Bliss".
on May 25, 2013
Lamott writes honestly, sometimes painfully, of her life and spiritual journey. It is real and at times raw. But I find it interesting and challenging.

A good read.
on October 10, 2014
The book is an extremely delightful read. Great subtle faith insights and some brazen boundaries about the open sewers which are ever so secretly hidden along the Emmaus road.
on September 16, 2013
I've bought & read & kept Anne Lamott's books since I first discovered her many years ago. I've also bought & sent them to friends & family when the timing was right. Enjoy!
on February 23, 2013
I had a difficult time reading this book. It seemed to me she fought her way through many problems that I might not have. It is a very personal book, thus the emotionality.
on May 4, 2014
This is an awesome book, written by an awesome author. She "tells it like it is", and reveals herself and her spiritual journey. I would recommend this to anyone.
on April 28, 2014
If you're looking for a more "non traditional" Christian author, Anne is this. She is funny, honest, deep in her spiritual walk, and I thoroughly enjoyed her story.
on February 18, 2013
This is on of the best books I've ever read on religion, faith, god and addiction.
Anne makes you laugh, makes you cry and makes you remember what faith really means.
on May 5, 2015
Anne shares the profound truth and comforting news that it's ok to not have it all together. And she reminds us how much we need each other. Amazing writer, lovely book.
on May 12, 2013
Food for my soul. Freedom for my dark side. A clear and welcoming description of 'mercy'. Welcoming words for all of us - especially those who struggle with addictions.