Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on October 15, 2010
I received this fan as a gift and have been using it for 6 months now. The lowest speed on the fan, which is more than adequate, is really very quiet. The blades are bendable clear plastic, and you can't hurt yourself on them. I use the fan on my desk, and on the nightstand when I stay in a motel. It is well-built and sturdy, not flimsy.

I think it is too clunky to wear around the neck because the 4 batteries make it heavy, and the fan, itself, is not lightweight. It's bigger than it appears in the photo, I thought. It's about 7 inches long (when spread out) and the diameter of the fan head is about 3 1/2 inches. It's a great little fan for your desk or nightstand.
0Comment161 of 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2011
I bought this for my mother and she absolutely loves it! She said it is the best personal fan she has ever owned (and she has owned many) and takes it with her everywhere. She especially loves that it folds so you can set it on a table or nightstand and has three different speeds to set it at.
0Comment99 of 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2010
This fan works great so far. It has 3 speeds with the high speed creating a really good hair blowing breeze. It is noisy but for me an ok trade off for a good breeze and adjustable position.
0Comment73 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
I walk around a lot when at my job and often have to spend time in hot little rooms. So, I carry a battery fan around with me. My last one, the old skool Coleman with the fly-out blades didn't last very long before burning up. I wanted something sturdy, that would last.

This one is strong and well made. The plastic is more like old vanilla computer keyboards instead of, say, CD-r spindle lids. I don't expect it to break. The blades are rubber, but quite effective. It measures about 7.5" x 3.25" x 1", unfolded. It is a bit large for a pocket, except, perhaps a large side coat pocket.

However, the neck cord is, actually, a really great alternative. It has a plastic, push-button slide adjuster that goes at the back of your neck, allowing you to control how far from your face it hangs. It can hang pretty close, too. There is a quick release clip at the fan end of the cord if you want to separate the fan from the cord quickly, without hassle. With the fan folded and hanging from my neck, it does actually fan my face very well, even on the lowest speed. The four batteries give it more power than other handheld fans, and it seems built to last. The highest speed is a little noisy, but I don't normally need to go to the highest speed. I'm very pleased.
11 comment78 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
This was my 3rd trip down to Haiti and I was smart enough to remember to get one of these.
Nothing like trying to fall asleep in the heat with no electricity for fans. Just kept a few sets of AA's with me (which I never burned through the first set), and would run this a few hours each night while falling asleep (or waking up too hot).
Worked great. As for the sound, it has 3 speeds. Lowest is fine, no noise. Highest is super fast and sounds like a jet engine. But, when it's hot, you don't care about the noise!
0Comment57 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
You know those tiny handheld fans that you get at the store in the summer that break on you after the 2nd use? Well forget those travel fans because this Travelon 3-Speed is not at all like those. This one is sturdy, well made, quiet and functional. Great for those who need air on their face during air travel or even auto travel. Can hang around your neck and point at your face - wonderful feature. Great product.
0Comment37 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2011
This little guy saved the days of hot flashes and nights of night sweats on a 21 day cruise through New Zealand. It came in very handy on the airplane as well, when they turn off the air while you are waiting in line for take-off. Love it. It nos stays in my purse. Don't be surprised, though. It is not small. That threw me at first, but no matter its size, it did the trick.
0Comment54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
This fan is not like your average handheld mini fan. Those fans you can only feel the air when you hold it next to your face. This fan though wow! I put it on my shelf and face it down at me on my sewing desk because the light I have makes it hot while sitting there and on the highest speed it keeps me totally cool the whole time. One time we had a power outage during the day so none of the fans were on and it got so hot in the house and every time I needed to cool off for a bit I could just turn this fan on and relax it was a real life saver!
0Comment39 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2011
This fan is bigger and heavier than I envisioned it to be.

The weight is not oppressive, but it's flat out klutzy looking around the neck because of it's size.

The noise of this fan at it's lowest setting is acceptably subtle, but the breeze is decidedly unimpressive at giving relief from the heat.

The higher two speeds do a much better job pushing air at your face to give relief, but are loud enough to make people think you might take off.

The fan works and is portable, but I cannot recommend it for neck use.

As you can get battery operated portable fans that push far more air for desk use I cannot recommend this fan for anything.
55 comments41 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2011
I am middle-aged, possibly going thru the change, and obese. I work as a nurse, and am always sweating and hot. The sweat trickles down into my eyes, and makes it hard to see. Sometimes we have to wear plastic gowns, which is almost unbearable. This fan is totally awesome. Has 3 speeds, have only had to use 1st speed so far. You can adjust how far away from your face you want. Even with the 4 AA batteries, not heavy. Now I can chart without the papers flying, and don't have to grab the desktop fan (if you can find one) constantly. This fan has been a Godsend.... a lifesaver to me. Seems to be made well, too. I might make something to keep it from bouncing when I walk. Am going to see how long this sucker lasts, and if it lasts at least 2 months, I will buy a case of them.
0Comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse