Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 20, 2007
My husband is giving this toiletry bag only 4 stars because he says it is too big. However, he says it would probably be perfect for me because I pack everything I "might" need. Other than the bag being a bit too big for his needs he likes it a lot. I bought it for him for Christmas and did not see it in person first so I did not realize how big it is. It is very nice though and holds LOTS of stuff (maybe I'll keep it for myself).
on August 5, 2007
Great amount of storage space for travel necessities in an upright position. Only two negatives;

1). Toiletry kit is big and bulky, so hanging it on a door hook or setting it on a counter may be cumbersome.

2). The bag doesn't have a hanging hook like a clothing hanger hook. Instead it has a fabric loop that is to be used for hanging. This fabric loop makes it difficult to hang anywhere. Once it is hanging, the bag hangs awkwardly because of this fabric hook and its large size.

Otherwise, it is a decent travel toiletry kit if you are looking for one with ample storage.
55 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2012
I was really disappointed when this bag arrived, because I was expecting something more like the LL Bean toiletry bag. I wanted it to be taller so I could bring full-sized bottles with me on long trips. I hate putting my toiletries into bags sideways, because they can leak, but even more because then I have to search for anything I want, every single time I want it, and it's like trying to dig a hole in wet sand. :[

I didn't have time to return it before my trip, though, so I grabbed a bunch of stuff (although they were mostly travel-size bottles) and put it in the bag to see if it would fit. It did! Even my full-size contact solution bottle just fit, vertically, as nature intended. So I just kept the bag and used large travel-size bottles for shampoo and body wash. I even brought Nyquil and a neti bottle :D

I took a 10-day trip with it and it was great. I hung the bag from a towel bar, and it stayed fine. It was fully packed (seriously, it weighs like 300 pounds) but it didn't tip appreciably or dump anything out, as long as I unzipped the bottom flap fully. Although, I would prefer a different hanger system. You have to use two hands to unsnap and resnap the connector around things like towel bars. You can't hold the bag if both of your hands are snapping the connector. You also can't shut the bag in front (as shown in the photo) unless you undo the hanger, because they use half of the hanger to hold the bag shut. Dumb.

Pockets:

**There are two side pockets that are useful but can only hold a few things about 1" deep, when the main compartment is full. I was able to fit a mint tin, a travel hotel lock and a couple bubble packs of allergy medication on one side, then a couple of trial-size tubes of sunscreen and neosporin on the other.

**There is an inside top-flap pocket, which can hold maybe 3/4" of stuff when the main compartment is full. I put in my razor, blades, a hotel soap, dental floss and Q-tips. You could fit more, but you'd have to put less stuff into the main compartment.

**There is a big fold-down flap that has one pouch, one nearly flat pocket, and one totally flat pocket. The pouch was perfect for my contacts case, eyedrops and spare contacts, although if you have tall things in the main compartment, you might not be able to zip the bag shut all the way. I bought a couple of things on our drive, and the bag got more and more difficult to shut. The flat pockets held little hair clips and rubber bands, but wouldn't work for anything much bigger than that. They are sort of a waste. Anything you put in these pockets takes room away from the main compartment, and takes more work to access. (I saw a photo of this bag on another site, and it shows the flap pockets full of travel-size bottles and tubes. There is NO WAY. It won't fit.)

**The front edge of the main compartment is a mesh pocket that seems sort of goofy but is actually really useful. It holds my toothbrush, tweezers, eye pencils, anything thin like that, so they don't end up in the bottom of the bag.

**The main compartment has four elastic loops in it, and they stretch enough to hold a full-size contact solution bottle. They don't hold three-ounce bottles tightly, but they will keep them upright if you don't throw the bag around. I had something like a bottle of contact solution, a tube of toothpaste, a full-size stick of deodorant, three eight-ounce containers, a couple of random small containers, and maybe 5 three-ounce bottles in here, and I'm probably forgetting some things. It did take some finagling sometimes, but usually it was pretty easy. Much better than the train case I used to use.

This is a pretty elaborate review for a piece of luggage, but I had a hard time telling which bag to buy because people call things "big" or "not big enough" and that wasn't meaningful to me.

So anyway, if you want to hang the bag without tippage, you have to unzip the flap totally, so it lays flat against the wall. That is a design flaw. The flap has to go! If you want to access your stuff, you have to unzip the flap, and then if you want to carry the bag, you have to zip the flap or fold it up and carry it under your arm. It's a hassle. They should have made the side pockets bigger and gotten rid of the flap altogether. The back should be rigid so you can hang the bag (by a hook) without counterbalancing it with a big cumbersome flap. The zippered areas should have more slack so you can close two full pouches against each other without having to take stuff out. I am glad the bag zips shut, so nothing can fall out, but this way isn't ideal.

But it is what it is. It doesn't cost too much and it holds stuff. I will keep looking but it will work for now.

PS: If you need trial size bottles, they are cheapest if they are already full of stuff. I bought three-ounce Tresemme shampoo and conditioner trial-sizes for a buck apiece, and they had nice little flip tops and everything. The rest of my stuff is in Coghlan camping travel bottles, with interchangeable lids. Coghlans 8525 "Contain-Alls" Food Safe Plastic Container, 7-Piece
on January 21, 2007
Nice bag. Sturdy, tons of compartments to put stuff in. I was able to store a million things in this thing and it doesn't take up all that much space.

A good, reasonably priced bag for all purpose use. Its also not unattractive at all
on June 19, 2012
As a toiletries bag it is quite large, which would not be such a problem except that the space and the pockets have serious inefficiencies. One problem is the placement of the pockets on the part of the bag that "rolls out." Because the rollout section is sung to the main body of the bag the pockets will not hold much without hindering the zipper when closing the bag. This brings me to my next point. The zippers are very poor. Even when unobstructed they catch and stop as you try to close them. Additionally, the side pockets have netting that will, without fail, catch in the zippers.

All in all, it is not a very convenient bag.
on January 10, 2007
As life seemed to take me away from home more than ever in 2006 I decided it was time to get something that could hold the stuff I take when I travel without all the chaos. This bag did the trick. It hangs from the back of the door on the robe hook, or from a towel bar and makes it possible for things to stay where you want them, and make it possible to find them when there is NO counter space like you are used to at home.
on June 14, 2010
First, I'm not so sure I would hang this bag, but other than that, it's wonderful. It was the perfect size for my suitcase and held everything I needed. It held a full size shampoo, conditioner, 2 kinds of lotion, 2 sticks of deodorant, plus numerous travel size toiletries, sunscreen bottles, a small hairbrush, medicine bottles, toothbrush, and several other items. WOW! It was super easy to pack and take with me, the zippers were smooth and didn't jam, and just the right size. I'd highly recommend this toiletry bag.
on September 28, 2009
Before purchasing this product I read the reviews and some said it was too large, it is rather large for a "Shaving Kit" but I find that it I actually like that it has more than enough room for anything and everything you may want to carry in it as far as traveling or to take to the gym etc.
on November 11, 2011
I love mine. It's flexible enough that you can create your own hanging loop if you have a hook to place it on, or you can clip it around something like your shower rod if you don't have anywhere else to put it. It has lots of space, and you can cram all the little compartments pretty darn full without changing the overall shape or size. However, it is pretty big and will take up a good amount of room in your luggage. Personally, I just shoved it at the bottom of my carry-on, since it's mostly stuff I'd want to have with me if my luggage got lost anyway. It hangs well so that your things won't fall out, and is durable. For me, it has lasted on a swinging bathroom door for five months, plus two overseas flights. It's currently showing almost no signs of wear and I am confident that I'll be able to keep using it for a long time to come.
on January 3, 2012
The Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit is the best toiletry kit I have ever owned. It holds everything I want and need to put in it. There are elastics to keep things in place, but if you have full sized bottles you will need to lay them length wise in the kit. I have full sized bottles of lotions, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, and cologne. I also carry an electric face brush, make-up, feminine hygiene products, and hair brush in it. In short, everything fits, but the kitchen sink! I am completely satisfied with this kit.

See 1 answered question