5.0 out of 5 stars It *DOES* work!
I bought this product after my credit card was stolen AGAIN. It occurred to me that the card was kept in the inside wall of my leather zipper wallet, so I decided to try better security with this one.

Published on July 28, 2012 by dobltrobl

1.0 out of 5 stars zipper broke on first day
I was excited about getting this new wallet that would block scanning to obtain my credit cards number. It looked nice and on the first day the inner zipper for coins broke. Still trying to get a replacement from the company
Published on December 8, 2011 by Opera Rooster

5.0 out of 5 stars It *DOES* work!, July 28, 2012
dobltrobl (Wash.DC metro area) - See all my reviews

I have several readily-available magnetic readers to test; previous tests showed the card readers would go off (beep) at about 2 feet. I tried a few which would reliably beep at about 8"...then I put the same access card in this wallet and held it as close...then closer...then right ON the reader and moved it around to ensure it was only cloth-depth from wherever the reader was located -- NO BEEP. It only beeped again when it cleared the wallet walls.

To me, this proves pretty conclusively that it works -- not at one reader, but at every one I tried. I was happy with the security claims of this wallet.

As for the wallet itself, each side has a bill-sized slot on the outer wall, then a divider with 4 credit card size slots; the middle has a full-length zipper case. The bill-size slots are a bit tight (it's just a 'slit', it doesn't expand so you have room to easily select a bill). I wound up tossing coins next to the inside zipper case and putting other more precious items inside the zipper case. That works because the case has accordion-style ends which allow the wallet to only open about 30 degrees; it's wide enough to use but not so wide that items easily fall out the sides.

It's 'stylish' enough, it's either in my pocket or purse; the nylon-like outer surface makes it easier to slip in and out of a pocket. I'm happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great wallet, January 3, 2011
This wallet fits really well in my purse, holds everthing I can stuff into it and has been my favorite wallet now for the past year. I would buy it again. I can't tell if it is protecting the RFID's for sure since I don't have a reader, but other Amazon buyers have tested other Travelon RFID wallets/passport holders and found they work really well. Since they are very likely using the same protective technology for all of their products, I feel secure with this wallet. It is very roomy, and very pretty. It fits into my smallish medium sized purse perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for checkbook but good wallet, August 23, 2012
I purchased this because of the good reviews but only recall one person saying their checkbook would fit into this. It's definitely NOT ideal if you are one of those dinosaurs, like me, that still carries around a checkbook. A checkbook will fit in here but not with a cover--literally, just the checks--and there's no specific slot for checks. I have the "duplicate" paper checks, so I need the cover with the plastic separator and that won't fit in here.

The length of this is about 7 3/4" and the height is about 4".

There is also a design on the back that I don't believe was pictured.

I will upload pictures so you can see the inside. The interior has bright orange, gray, yellow stripes, (I cannot believe is not pictured by the seller). It has 8 slots for credit cards but it would be hard to double up in those slots if you have more. Easy to fit bills on one side, and the zippered pouch in the middle is ideal for coins, or whatever you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive as well as serviceable, April 14, 2011
An attractive and functional item, as described, with multiple slots for credit cards, etc. Very well made, light, with good functioning zipper. It fits very nicely into my purse without taking up too much space, and is easy to open and close when needed. Stores all my cards, ID's, change and folding money, and the RFRID blocking makes me feel very secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little wallet, March 25, 2011
Lots of space in this compact baby. It's nylon, in case you didn't notice. I didn't at first, and expected a more traditional product, but it only makes it lighter and easier to manage. Lots of pockets and a coin purse, too. Mostly I got it for the RFID worries and that makes it better. Lightweight and scanner safe. Yea.

5.0 out of 5 stars More pleased than I anticipated, January 29, 2011
This wallet was just right- big enough to hold cash, coins, insurance cards, and 8 credit cards yet not so bulky that it didn't fit in my purse easily. I feel relieved knowing that it has the RFID blocking technology built in. And, I liked the looks of it once I had it in my hands more than I thought I would based upon the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Functional, August 14, 2011
I was honestly bit surprised by this wallet, I thought it would be entirely functional, but this wallet is really nice. It is roomy, without being too bulky. I can fit all of my credit cards, customer reward cards into this wallet easily. It has a very spacious coin portion, and honestly I couldn't ask for more. I love that this wallet also has RFID protection. I feel safe and comfortable with this wallet for so many reasons. If you are looking for an RFID blocking wallet, this is definitely one you should consider.

1.0 out of 5 stars zipper broke on first day, December 8, 2011
Opera Rooster (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Wallet, March 27, 2011
This wallet has a good layout. It holds all my cards, money (including coins) and even a pen without bulkiness. Perfect size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, June 22, 2012
After having made some rfid wallets myself, I must say, this item blocks rfid just as well or better than home made products, and is a lot less work. Husband tested it at his place of business (which requires rfid id), and it works just fine. The documentation *does* say that wallet should be replaced periodically (sounds like mylar or maybe crinkly aluminum foil inside,) but so does any wallet you make yourself. Any metal fatigues and breaks eventually (along the crack where the wallet folds,) and needs to be replaced. And this is cheap enough that replacing it every six months to a year should not be a problem.

Travelon Rfid Wallet