Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travelon Jewelry Roll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 21, 2010
When I was reviewing all the travel jewelry rolls I just couldn't find something that was small but held a lot! Who doesn't want that when they travel?!? But, this jewelry roll arrived today and I absolutely love it. I was able to put a lot of my costume jewelry as well as silver and gold necklaces (which tend to be less bulky).

I have in it: 6 costume jewelry necklaces (could hold one more), 2 gold chain necklaces, 2 bracelets and 6 pairs of earrings.

In order to get it into its smallest state you must fold it into thirds and then in half. Full with the jewelry above it is a little bigger in diameter to the cardboard roll inside of a roll of paper towels. It's not big at all for all it holds! I suggest this if you want to take a decent amount of jewelry but don't want it to take up a majority of your suitcase. :-)
on January 17, 2010
This jewelry organizer is great for storing jewelry for travel. It rolls up very small for easy storage in a suitcase. My daughter used hers when traveling out of the country. I wish it was a little bigger since my daughter was going to be gone for 5 months but the size is great for someone traveling for shorter periods of time. The zippers make storage very secure and convenient.
on August 31, 2011
The case is well made and the compartments are just perfect for storing small earrings to chunky necklaces. My only gripe are the stretch ties. Even when the bag is empty it's extremely hard to wrap the ties around the bag. The two ties barely stretch and are definitely too small for the bag making them totally useless. I would prefer ordinary cloth ties to wrap around the bag or Velcro or just longer more stretchable ties. Now I have to come up with my own way to secure this bag. I hope they change this design to make it the perfect travel jewelry organizer.
Years ago, I found the perfect make-up bag. It wasn't until after I bought it and started using it that I realized it was actually a jewelry roll and not a cosmetics bag! After many faithful years of use, I finally wore it out and needed a new one.

After months of fruitlessly searching everywhere I went locally, I turned to Amazon.com and found what I needed. The Travelon Jewelry Roll fit the bill exactly as a cosmetics bag.

What I like about it is that it holds my cosmetics in small zippered compartments that not only make each item easy to find and access but also keep them from sliding around and breaking. This is especially important for compressed powder, eye shadow, and blush. Actual cosmetic bags have much looser compartments and these items break much easier, spilling colorful powders inside the compartments and generally making a mess.

The longer zippered compartment at the top is perfect for eye pencils, brushes, and things while the smaller sections hold individual eye shadows, blushes, etc. very well.

The whole kit and caboodle rolls up nice and neat and secures with an attached elastic band on either end, making it easy to pack in luggage or tote in a small bag for an overnight or just to have for a touchup later in the day.

I like it so much I ordered a second one to use for its intended purpose - jewelry! It works perfectly for that as well. Having several compartments allows me to keep necklaces separate so they don't tangle together during travel, while I can easily keep sets together.

No matter if you want a cosmetics bag or a jewelry roll, I highly recommend this bag.
on August 11, 2006
Black jewelry roll is very handy, it would be nice if it came with some smaller comparments. But when it's full, it doesn't reall roll, it folds and the ties don't stretch far enough, so to keep it closed with the ties, you have to really stretch them hard. Nonetheless, it's a great travel accessory.
on May 15, 2011
I purchased this jewelry roll to take on my travels overseas. It held a fair amount of different jewelry pieces and some of which were quite bulky. I took 9 flights in 2 weeks (NY - Australia) and nothing got damaged or lost. It's a great way to keep all your expensive jewelry together.
I would have given this product 5 stars only I found that a couple of the pockets were quite tight.
Overall a great product and would make a good gift for people who travel.
on April 2, 2012
I'm going to Europe for 2 weeks and wanted something to hold a "medium" amount of Jewelry where it would not get all tangled up. This fits the bill. It easily holds the 6 earrings, 3 chains, 6 drops, and a couple of bracelets without any issues. I have no problems closing it with the attached stretch clasps, but if it needs to be bigger or it's just easier to put on I will use a couple of pony tail stretch bands that I bring anyway. RECOMMEND!
on January 12, 2016
This is hands down the best jewelry travel case I've ever used. I take about 30-40 trips/year, and this accompanies me every time. I like that there are compartments to keep necklaces separate from earrings etc. I use the bottom two compartments for bracelets/rings (one side for gold, and one for silver), the middle row for necklaces, and the top section for earrings.

The best features of this roll are:
1. Padded exterior to keep jewelry reasonably safe from damage.
I used to have some 2 inch long glass (!) rectangle drop earrings that I keep in this roll without any extra tissue etc, and never had an issue with them getting damaged. Now that's impressive!

2. Compartments zip closed.
Many jewelry rolls I've looked at/owned have snap closures, drawstring ties, wraparound cords, loose flaps and other less-secure ways of holding your jewelry in place. I like knowing that my jewelry is zipped into small compartments, and snugly held in place with elastic bands.

3. Elastic cords adjust size as needed.
I've owned other rolls that used snaps (with several sizes) and still didn't close with all my jewelry. This cord is super stretchy, so I've jammed it full with 20-30+ pieces of jewelry (earrings, bulky rings, small necklaces, bangles etc), and I've never had a problem getting it closed. I've also never had to worry about it breaking because it's well made. One thing to note-- I have some bulkier bracelets (like the Kenneth Cole New York "River Shell" Silver-Tone Two-Row Hinged Bangle Bracelet) that do fit in the roll, but add too much bulk for my preference. I generally wear this sort of bracelet while traveling, and store my thinner bracelets (such as kate spade new york "Sailor's Knot" Hinge Bangle Bracelet) in the jewelry roll while in transit.

The one con with this case (and any travel jewelry case) is that necklaces with delicate chains are bound to get into a tangled mess if you throw them into a compartment with other items. Here are some solutions:
1. Use the middle row of smaller compartments for fragile necklaces (one necklace per compartment). This doesn't work if you are bringing more than 3 necklaces of course.
2. Buy some SE - Self Lock Bag Set - Single Zipper, 2 mil, 2x2in., 1000 Pc (or something similar) to keep fragile necklaces from getting tangled. I don't usually bother with this unless I need to bring along my more fragile jewelry, but these mini ziplocs bags do come in handy!
3. You can also try the drinking straw storage method, then put all your necklaces (stored with half of the chain looped thru a plastic drinking straw) in the top compartment. I've never bothered to do this, but I know many people who like this strategy.
on October 10, 2011
One of the two elastic straps broke on this jewelry role the first time I opened it. I barely took any jewelry with me on my trip and most of the compartments were empty, so it wasn't stretched at all. Very disappointing product.
on August 20, 2015
I actually bought this to use for a glovebox kit. Lens wipes, aspirin, wet wipes, tissue, pens, note pads, glasses kit, eye drops, Pepto/Immodium packets, bandages, Neosprorin, hand sanitizer, etc. All in a neat little bundle for the car in case of emergency that I can take with me if I am going for a hike or just being a tourist.