5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product - practical tips
This is a God send for traveling. I can hook up 3 suitcases and maneuver it easily thru baggage claim and customs. Here's some tips that helped make it work for me. This product works counter intuitively but if used right it's amazing!

Published on June 4, 2012 by Bubbles

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published on April 24, 2011 by Frequent Traveler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product - practical tips, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Travelon Multi-Bag Stacker (Apparel)

1. The claw (top hook) should be inserted under the top handle of suitcase with the opening face up so it hooks onto the handle with opening facing you and over the handle. The clips for adding other suitcases will be on the under side of the strap.
2. So now to attach the second bag, the clips are on under side of the strap.( More intuitive to have clips on the top side of the strap but then the product does nNOT work well.) so with the clips on under side of strap, open the clip and attach the second bag. Make sure adjust the strap of the clip so it is snug which makes the second suitcase snug against the first suitcase.
3. Then attach your third bag. Awesome!
4. I got the "spinner" suitcases which will roll forward without being tipped back at a slant. It is so easy to manuever and is not heavy so will not strain your back or arms. Once your suitcases are attached together it moves like it's one piece. Awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy, November 21, 2010
I purchased this to go with my new hard sided luggage that spins. The strap connects three of the bags together but will not take a forth or I would have given it five stars. I guess the new luggage is getting thicker and this strap does not allow for the change, but it does hold three suitcases well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your travel easier and get one of these for yourself!, July 16, 2013
This lovely little gadget allowed us to easily manage two bags apiece (a checked bag and a carry on bag) through international airports, hotels, and ships without carts or porters. Depending upon how tight your adjustment between bags is, you are either rolling two bags or rolling one and leveraging the other. (I say two bags because that's how we used it, but it will actually work with three bags.) Makes finding /using the elevator a choice rather than a must. Practice securing your bags to it and using it before you leave home, so any length adjustments for your particular bags can be made outside the frenzied atmosphere of an airport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless!, November 29, 2012
I took a trip to Dominican Republic and bought two of these. I had a large suitcase, a carry-on and a backpack. My wife had a large suitcase, a medium suitcase and a carry-on. I used one of these to stack all three of my wifes luggage and one for my two suitcases and put the backpack in the third spot. This made our trip SOOOOO much easier since we only had to pull one handle each.

When we came back from our trip my lovely hard headed wife decided she wanted to get one of those airport carts and after her luggage fell a few times from the cart, she ended up going back to the stacker.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing ever for 3 suitcases, September 9, 2013
Everyone who saw it asked where I got it. I pulled my suitcases with it when we got back from our cruise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, April 24, 2011
This review is from: Travelon Multi-Bag Stacker (Apparel)
I purchased this product to connect three bags (large, medium, carry-on). It does the job. However it is not perfect. The strap connecting the 3rd bag with the hook is not adjustable in length. It should have an adjustable strap like the other connectors allowing more adjustment for size (heigth/width) of the bags being attached together. The hook to attach the 3rd bag faces in. It would be easier to use if it faced out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple strap that worked better than I expected., December 29, 2013
This review is from: Travelon Multi-Bag Stacker (Apparel)
Bought this thing to maneuver three Samsonite spinner suitcases and all the bags and accessories that come with a wife and a three year old. I daisy chained a very large, large, and carry-on roller together, then piled a car seat carrier, a laptop bag, and two carry-on backpacks on top. I am pretty sure I could have rolled an 80s Volvo station wagon on top of this set-up, as long as at no point in my journey did I need to back up.

I read about the back-up issues in other reviews and thought 'meh'. But seriously, getting into an elevator is like entering a roach motel. Getting in is easy enough, but you are not backing out. Outside of the elevator issue, the spinners tracked remarkably well through two crowded airports, and maneuvered reasonably tight turns and other non-reversing obstacles with ease. I probably put in half a mile from the rental car return area to the check-in at BWI, and never felt tired or excessively burdened. This is a very simple idea, but well executed and highly functional. I wish I had bought this strap years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, April 26, 2014
Since I'm a flight attendant my needs are very different. This strap was too long for my second bag, it kept dragging on floor or twisting whenever I tried to maneuver bag around corners. I'm sure for someone who travels maybe 3-4 times a year it would nut be such a nuisance for them.

3.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY review you need to read (in my opinion!), September 9, 2014
Jeffrey Ehrlich (Mooresville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
OK, here's the "official" review on this strap and the only one you need to read (in my opinion as an engineer(!)). The strap either works well or not depending on your bags. Basically, the strap assumes that your bags are in descending size order, that the first (largest) bag rolls well on two wheels (many four wheel bags do NOT), that the non-adjustable length from the "C" hook to the second bag works and the strap of the first bag can take the total weight at an angle. If all these things are true, then the strap is terrific. If any one or more of those things are not true, then the strap can be completely useless and terrible. This accounts for the variable reviews. I have used this strap in travel and tested it on varying groups of bags that we have to come to this scientific conclusion. They also sometimes show the wheels of the second bag touching the ground so essentially four wheels are being used to distribute the load. This will work or not very much depending on the exact nature of your bags. I would also add that you may have to be a little "creative" with the strap. Almost always I found the length of the strap from the "C" clamp to the first buckle where you attach the second bag to be much too long and this length CANNOT be adjusted. I would cite this as the major flaw in the design. So, to make this strapping system work, I had to tie a rope around the base of the pullout handle of the first bag and then attach the "C" clamp to the rope rather than to the handle of the first bag as they show. This also relieved the problem of worrying about whether the strap of the first bag could handle the weight of all the attached bags at a 90 degree angle (resulting in all your luggage spilling out all over the airport floor at exactly the wrong time). You could also shorten the first length by folding it and sewing it, etc. to shorten it. Shortening the fixed length of the initial piece of strap is especially critical if the second bag is about the same size as the first bag otherwise the second bag will drag (which might be OK, if the wheels of the second bag then this would accidentally help. However, I would not count on this.) Lastly, when you check one or more of the bags, you need to be able to quickly undo everything and stow the strap somewhere where it won't get lost and be quickly available for use at your destination. Also try to remember exactly how you hooked everything up since it will not necessarily be obvious. In any case, don't be afraid to experiment and get creative since the instructions are useless anyway. Like many things in life, if it works it's great, if it doesn't work, it's awful and whether it works or not depends entirely on your exact set of luggage and your willingness to be a little creative. Initially, I was going to send it back, but now having read my own review, I am keeping it since it was a big help on our last trip.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 or 4 pieces of luggage???, June 4, 2014
It says 4 pieces of luggage, but really it is 3 pieces of luggage and a purse. The purse gets strapped into same loop as the 3rd piece of luggage.

Travelon Multi-Bag Stacker