4.0 out of 5 stars A little bigger than I thought, but I still like it
I travel to Europe frequently, so I pack a lot for the long duration. This works very well, room for EVERYTHING. Actually a little bigger than I thought, but it's turned out to be just fine. Red color is pretty. Only one wish, and that is for a hanger hook on the back instead of a fabric loop, so I can hang it from the shower rod. But it still works well.
Published on March 12, 2010 by Rose Bratton

1.0 out of 5 stars Many problems
Published on June 19, 2012 by tlengman

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bigger than I thought, but I still like it, March 12, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Many problems, June 19, 2012
This review is from: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
As a toiletries bag it is quite large, which would not be such a problem except that the space and the pockets have serious inefficiencies. One problem is the placement of the pockets on the part of the bag that "rolls out." Because the rollout section is sung to the main body of the bag the pockets will not hold much without hindering the zipper when closing the bag. This brings me to my next point. The zippers are very poor. Even when unobstructed they catch and stop as you try to close them. Additionally, the side pockets have netting that will, without fail, catch in the zippers.

All in all, it is not a very convenient bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Major Design Flaw - Hanging Position Allows Fallout from Main Compartment!!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
That flaw alone negates the reason I bought this. It needs a better design so that the main compartment (which holds your bottles of liquids!) will remain as upright as possible. As it is now, I can't keep liquids in that all-important portion of the bag. I can use it as-is as long as there is sufficient (and clean) counter top space wherever I travel. It cannot be used hanging open and I am SO disappointed! There is a simple design change that can be made and I hope Travelon will implement it.

I'm going to try to jury-rig this thing so that it is actually usable as it was advertised (hanging open). I hate to have to do this to a new item, but must in order to make it work.

*sigh*

On the plus side: it is very well made - professionally sewn, all seams are tight and zippers are quality. The construction itself is excellent. The fabric is great, too. It is attractive and holds quite a bit.

Such a shame it has the major design flaw.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice large size, mediocre quality., January 1, 2012
Chris B. "Weekend Warrior" (San Francisco Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this kit for my wife for an xmas present. She likes the size, as it holds "almost" all her stuff (make-up, etc) and can be hung as well. Finish is pretty good, though it is a bit "plastic-e" on the outside.

Our biggest gripe are the zippers! When I went to open one of the pockets, I pulled the zipper pull right off the mechanism...and this is when it was right out of its sealed package. My wife also complains that the zippers are generally hard to use in that they are not smooth to operate and they frequently get caught up in the bags internal lining.

Summary: It's okay if you are an infrequent traveler and will only use it once in-awhile. If you will use it on a regular basis, I think you'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 9, 2009
L. Feaster (Central Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item as a Christmas gift and the receiver was thrilled. Every inch of the bag has a purpose and the design enables you to carry all different sizes and shapes of makeup, bottles, brushes, etc... It's a great bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toiletry Bag, April 14, 2010
I looked at quite a few bags and reviews before I bought this one. It has a lot of compartments and held everything I put it in it. My husband said he'd like one, though not in an animal print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelon hanging toiletry kit!, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
I just received my new Lime Green hanging toiletry bag. I LOVE IT. Great size, yet roomy enough to carry a blow dryer in the center section. It can hold full size shampoo bottles,etc. yet compact enough to put it in your carry-on bag on a plane (which is what I'm going to do). Nice, quality material. Quick delivery as well. Thank you Travelon - I will be a returning customer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not like it!, July 16, 2010
I thought this bag would hang up straight while in the shower, but when i fill it with things it leans forward. I am currently deployed, so i need a bag that i could take to the shower which would hold all my items, and this bag was not it. I now use it to store my small things and that's why I gave it two stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, July 5, 2012
Kathi M (Portland,Or) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
This makeup bag was the perfect size to take everything I needed to spend a month in Europe. I was traveling with a carry-on only and needed to pack light and compact. This case allows you to see everything at once and be quite organized. Loved that it could hang on a towel bar as there is no counter space in old European hotels. Am getting one for my daughter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, January 14, 2012
Vlad (Baltimore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
The bag looks nice, seems to be very well-made, and was delivered as promised from the company on time. I have no major complaints and would recommend it. The only slight surprise was that the major internal compartment was not as wide as I had expected, because the outer dimension width listed on the website includes the two small exterior, zipped pockets. Long objects may not fit easily, and you may want to be aware of this.

Travelon Hanging Toiletry Kit