4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, a bit heavy but secure.
Published 3 months ago by Roxanne Brandon Coffey

1.0 out of 5 stars Product description incorrect.
The product description states this purse is 8.5 inch high and wide. However, these measurements are inaccurate as the product as sent to me is 11 inches by 10 inches. Also, the picture of the product is inaccurate as it doesn't reflect the pockets and shape correctly, the bag is not square but more a rectangle. The description and write up on the product does not...
Published 23 days ago by Cyndy in Seattle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, a bit heavy but secure., June 12, 2014
I got this purse to use in Italy. I'd initially bought a larger one, which, when filled, was way too heavy. The larger bag itself was heavy and I overpacked it. Before going I tried out each bag for a week. The first one was uncomfortable just going to the grocery. (I put in it a pair of mini binoculars, a small camera, my wallet, my sunglasses, my checkbook, a small makeup bag with powder and lipstick and a coin purse and my smartphone). When I switched to this one, I could not fit the checkbook and sunglasses -- but realized I would not be bringing the checkbook overseas and so the newer size was fine -- without the checkbook, the sunglasses fit.

I put the binoculars and the camera in the zipper part under the flap. I kept tissues in the visible zipper part (bathrooms don't always have them -- seemed more of a problem in Rome than in Venice...). I also put 3x5 cards with notes and folded pages of the Rick Steves travel guides in that front zippered area (and in Venice, the tickets we used for the boats). The back of the bag also has a zippered pocket that rests against the body -- good for the powder and lipgloss or sunscreen. The top zipper has a loop that holds a mini flashlight -- nice when returning to our room with the hall lights on a timer. The top zipper has a clasp that locks on to the side. I put my sunglasses, phone, wallet and our passports in this main compartment along with the change purse. There are slots for credit cards in the purse but I did not use them. I liked having the added protection of the wallet being at the bottom of the purse.

A few caveats: My wallet is a mini one... it holds 3 cards and ID. The change purse I used was a bit larger and had 3 compartments (a kiss lock bag). I used one for coins, one for dollars and one for euros. The bulk of our money I kept in a hidden waist belt bag (which I never showed in public -- if I needed more, I would excuse myself to the restroom and would transfer money). I kept the credit cards in RFD sleeves and our 4 passports were kept together in an RFD bag. Before leaving I made sure to latch the bag. I always wore it as a cross body bag, not a shoulder bag (though it could be worn that way). It felt more secure, especially in places like the Trevi fountain where it is wall-to-wall people. When we would eat, I generally left the bag on me. FYI -- if you use a smart phone do not set it out on the table like we do in the US. LOTS of tourists shared that people in their tour groups were getting phones taken that way. My phone was either in the locked part of the bag or in my hand when I was using it for directions or Tripadvisor.

Wearing it all day, it did feel heavy. That said, it also felt secure. The chocolate color, while not the prettiest, is nondescript which is really what you want when traveling. You don't want it to catch the eye of a pickpocket. It is also a gender neutral color and so my husband and sons did not mind carrying it if I was taking pictures. It more resembled a camera bag or messenger bag than a purse (and they certainly preferred carrying it to the bright pink tote I also had with me (tote was used ONLY for a scarf, an umbrella, any postcards or trinkets we would buy -- things that if taken could be replaced).

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, September 24, 2013
I bought this for an upcoming trip overseas but am using it as my everyday bag. I have been trying to move toward smaller, lighter bags and this one fits the bill. It is not as mini as it's name implies. Easily fits my wallet, checkbook, iPhone, comb, keys and a bit of makeup but not a lot of the junk I was carrying :)Looks great as either a cross body or shoulder bag. The security features are great not only for travel but in crowded settings anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Traveling Purse, August 30, 2013
I bought this bag to go to Italy and it was the perfect purse for my trip. It has pockets for everything and I loved feeling that my valuables were secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, secure travel purse, April 20, 2014
Lots of pockets, good amount of space and great security (locking zipper, uncuttable strap). I highly recommend this purse if you're looking for a small-ish crossbody that can still hold a guide book, wallet and other needed items for a traveling day.

4.0 out of 5 stars anti-theft product., September 26, 2012
This is a really nice bag however, I returned it as the bag was to small for my purpose. I wish there was a larger version of it. The bags are really well constructed and light weight. I wound up ordering another bag that I really like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to have, April 2, 2014
This is the right size and style for hands free travel. Lots of pockets. The RFID fabric feels funny. The "safety" features are as described, maybe even better. Easy to use as shoulder, cross body or just loop the strap and carry like any purse. This works for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, January 12, 2014
This little bag was just the ticket for traveling out of country in touristy areas. It's light to carry, carries across shoulder easily, and lies fairly flat against the body. The latch on the main compartment and slash-proof straps and fabric provide peace of mind. I carried this bag through lots of cities, on public transportation, in airports and planes and it didn't show dirt. The inside is lighter colored and has a little light snapped inside so it's easy to find your stuff. The color is a little lighter than navy blue, which doesn't show very well in the picture. I also have the slightly larger bag from Travelon (same color, more pockets with latches) which I love for days when I need to carry more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, January 30, 2014
The color is a rich chocolate brown. Love all the safety features of this bag. It is compact and light weight which is just what I was looking for. Enough compartments to hold my things. Made very nicely. My other purse ways more empty than this does full and it's about the same size as this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag for Travel, July 21, 2014
I used this bag when I travelled abroad and loved it so much I now use it at home too. I found the size perfect for carrying my wallet, passport, sunglasses, travel guide, bandaids (I'm definitely blister prone), water bottle, camera, and other odds and ends (the other reviews are right about the number of compartments). The strap is comfortable and easily adjustable, I used it both as a cross-body and one-shoulder bag (although it's probably a bit longer then than your standard one-shoulder bag). I really liked the zipper-lock functionality, but I regularly forgot to use it. And I could never remember what the clasp on the strap was for; no matter, the bag was great despite the mystery latch. The material feels extremely durable, and when I did spill water on the bag, it dried extremely quickly and none the contents got wet. I chose this bag specifically because I wanted a discrete bag that didn't announce I was a traveler, and this was pretty spot on. My only small gripe is that the back of the zippers are stamped with the company name, "Travelon" -- it's not noticeable unless you're looking very closely, but then the name of the company makes it clear that it's some sort of travel bag, exactly what I hoped to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Buy, June 8, 2014
My spouse it disabled and uses a power wheelchair 24/7/365. He needs some type of man purse for his belongings. This fill the bill perfectly. The quality of the fabric and support structure makes it hard for someone to steal it. Prefect size and quality. Every disabled and non-disable person should have one. Comes in several colors. Stone color is a medium beige.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›