Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travelon Anti-Theft Flap-Front Cross-body Bag
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 16, 2013
First, shipping was 7 days. I ordered it on the 9th and received it on the 16th, so right off, shipping was as expected. Second, the color is better in person. On my monitor it looks more purple, as in true purple. In person, it looks like a deep eggplant. I saw the description as "Eggplant", but I ordered it thinking if it was too purple I would just send it back. I won't be doing that though, it really is a deep eggplant and at night nobody will be able to tell it's even eggplant, it will look brown, which is perfect for what I want, but if you're wanting that true color wheel purple, this isn't it. There is a pocket on back that does not lock, but it's close to your body, so I will use it, but obviously I won't put anything too valuable in there. The back pocket will fit a paperback with a little room to spare, and it is perfect for a guidebook and some maps, so that's what I'll use it for. The top flap, which has the twist clasp, opens to the main zippered compartment, which is a locking zipper. I put my iPad in there just for size purposes, and it fits with about an inch left on each side (going side to side). Front to back, with the iPad in there, it left about an inch on either side. So, I'll put my iPad and hand sanitizer there. There's not much room for a lot of other stuff, but it does have a zippered mesh pocket inside, which I will use for my passport And it also has a little light attached to the inside so you can see what's in there without having to pull everything you own out of the bag. The bottom flap has two zippers that attach to the clasp in the middle, as seen in the stock photo. I will let you know, this does take two hands to get both zippers undone and re-attached. This isn't a problem for me, because I won't be holding anything in either hand that would cause this to be a problem. But I can see where this might be cumbersome for someone with dexterity issues or if you know for a fact that you're going to need to get in that pocket very quickly. For me, this is what makes it anti-theft and it's what I wanted so it's not an issue. When that flap is open, it opens to a wallet type compartment. It has 5 slots for credit cards, a smaller pocket that can be used for a cell phone, and a mesh pocket that does not zip. You could fit a pocket camera there, but not if it has a lense that extends out from the body of the camera permanently. Oh, and something that I didn't see in the description, is that the bottom compartment is RFID blocking. And it also has a cut proof strap that can be adjusted to be used as a crossbody but can also be shortened enough to put on your shoulder. You could also detach the strap and re-attach it after wrapping it around a chair or something, but I won't be doing that at all. I just don't see how this bag can get any better. It is well constructed and doesn't feel cheap or flimsy, yet is lightweight. I'll be using it for a week in Germany and a week in Paris.

UPDATE:
Just got back from my Germany/Paris trip. Used this daily. It held everything I needed and it holds more than expected. What I carried daily: In the main section, I had two guide books, just regular, pocket sized books, a bottle of water, a mini umbrella, the foldable Eagle Creek bag that folds into its own pocket and zips up, and various maps that we picked up along the way, and at times, a Canon camera with a lens that extends probably 2 inches. With the camera in there, it was a little tight, but not that I couldn't zip it comfortably. I mostly did that when we were eating lunch and I didn't want to put the camera on the table. I also carried at times a travel journal and some pens in there, along with lip balm. In the front locking section, all I had was my ID's in the card slots and I did keep that locked at all times. In Germany, I also kept my passport there. In the back zippered section, I kept a smaller, pocket camera and my iPhone and maps occasionally. Still love this bag as much as I thought I would. My only issue is that when it's packed full, the back zipper gets caught on the lining if you don't zip/unzip just so. The lining never ripped, so that's a plus, but it was kind of a pain at first. Once I got used to zipping it just right, it was just natural to hold the purse so that the zipper didn't touch the lining. Even with the zipper issue, I would still highly recommend this bag. Loved the locking features and it holds a lot. And I mentioned the color being darker. Sure enough, I was complaining about not having a dark bag for dinner one night, and my husband, who hasn't read this review, said to me, well, your bag is dark purple, at night it looks black to me. So, as I mentioned in the first review, it does look dark at night, which was a big plus to me.
99 comments|174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2014
I only buy anti-theft bags any more. This one is nice because it fits a tablet and still has room. There is a smaller one I have, but there is not much room for anything after you put a 7" tablet in it. I have never been disappointed with any Travelon product. They make great items with nice features.
on October 12, 2013
Prefect travel bag. I can carry my Surface Pad in it. It gives me protection for my credit cards and the locks keep my items secure. It is little larger than I would carry on a daily basis at home but really works traveling in Europe.
on December 14, 2015
Con: The RFID technology isn't as described. My office door easily reads my ID and unlocks when it's in a card slot securely inside the bag.

Pro: The inside of the bag is a bright coral color. What a nice surprise! No black holes here!

Note: The color of the bag is more grey than expected, but it's nice.
review image review image
on November 16, 2013
Held wallet , personal items. Plus iPad while in Europe for 3 weeks...safe, fit close to body,,very happy I had it..color wonderful. Passbook etc safe for me
on January 27, 2014
The bag is very roomy and fits comfortably as a crossbody. I carried the bag in Italy and felt that my possessions were safe. It was great to be able to sightsee and not worry about theft.
on March 13, 2014
Worth every penny! Peace of mind - priceless! I bought this for my European trip but it has become an every day item, especially since I ride the train. Very lightweight.
on October 13, 2013
This purse is very stylish and has nice security features. Have had several compliments and questions about the features of this purse. Would have liked a few more interior pockets since the inside is so deep. The only trouble with this purse is the inconvenience of the safety hook on the front compartment, but then this is what makes it a good safety feature. This comes close to the perfect purse but still in search of it.
on March 1, 2014
This easy to use bag was bought for the purpose of me traveling in a crowded subway(like BART,MTA,etc.). It's light, easy adjustable strap adjusted for different sizes. It's perfect to put my iPad and other common purse stuff in it. It is NOT wide so you cannot put in bulky stuff like a brush or a sandwich; only the bare necessities. Very sturdy, not flimsy at all. I selected black. It's prettier than you think because it's sort of quilted in the front. Nice. The price was right compared to the travel store prices.
on May 12, 2014
Although it doesn't look bulky, I found that I could fit a lot inside: my full-size iPad in its case, my satellite phone (the smallest Iridium available, but still VERY chunky), a camera, tissues, hand sanitizer, wipes, 2 passports, flashlight (for when the European automatic lights left me in the dark), papers, zippered money pouch, meds, sometimes a small bag of nuts. I used the security locks in cities, but I agree with other reviewers who found them awkward. Still, I was glad to have the extra security. The cross-body strap fit me nicely, so that the purse stayed slightly in front of me, just where I wanted it. It didn't bounce around when I walked. When my Travelon was loaded to the max, sometimes I had to bring the bottom of the latch up to meet the top slot in order to close it. Choosing a travel bag is hard, but I really liked this one. Many bathrooms don't have hooks, so I was glad to have the black color when I had to set it on the floor. Cheerio to all!

Update 2/19/2015 I'm still liking this Travelon, even when travelling in the States. Its stitching and construction (inside and out) has held up well to a lot of use. I wish it came in a khaki color for summer.