5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver
I just did a non stop flight from NYC to Johannesburg in coach and could not have done it without this cushion. It is convenient and self inflating. I let it fill up, then I sit on it and work the twist valve till I have just a little cushion and it got me through a fourteen and half hour flight. Great product. Thanks for making it.
Published 8 months ago by Steven G. Wigrizer

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be much better
Published on September 2, 2012 by aquapt

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be much better, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
I was disappointed in the construction of this product. I thought it would be more like the Therm-A-Rest products, where the self-inflating foam is dense enough to support some of the user's weight. This product has a very light foam which is effective at expanding the cushion, but doesn't have the density to provide any significant resistance to the user's weight. Thus, the cushion doesn't feel much different than an inflatable one with only air inside would feel - you get the convenience of self-inflation, but not the foam-like pressure relief. The surface pulls taut and thus feels kind of hard. Plus, I've read reviews on other sites that say the valve fails quickly. I've only used the cushion for one flight, and it didn't fail on the first use, but I did feel like, "well, no wonder the valve fails!" because the air pressure is the only thing holding up your weight, not the foam, so it's an awful lot of stress on a little plastic valve.

I wish Therm-A-Rest would make a cushion in this shape. It would cost more, but it would be worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loses air within a couple months or less, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
My wife has purchased about 4 of these now as they are the most comfortable to her. We've bought 4 cause they all wind up losing air within a couple months - meaning after inflating it, it goes flat in 15-30 minutes. Like any inflatable, it won't hold air indefinitely, but now they don't even make it past an hour. The first one purchased lasted quite a while; the subsequent ones must have been made in china, as they started being unable to hold air past 30 mins within a couple months or less. So why did we keep buying? all the others we tried weren't comfortable for her tailbone issue and not adjustable in firmness. Now we just use it when stuck on an airline flight, but won't be buying any more. Due to the current poor quality I wouldn't recommend now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
First off, I have to say that I really do love this cushion. But – – I can't give it five stars because of a serious concern with the quality. I have purchased 4 of these cushions. The first two cushions that I purchased leak after less than six months. They were both replaced at no charge to me. After about one year they started to leak and deflated after about 20 to 30 minutes. I purchased two more cushions as gifts for friends. I do not know their conditions at this time.

I thought I would give them another try (Because I really do like this cushion). Imagine my delight when I saw that they had changed the material and the color. I thought maybe they had corrected their leak problem. However, the first time I used the cushion, it went flat in less than four minutes. The cushion is totally useless at this time.

This is truly a great product if they would fix the leaks or there would be some way to patch the leaks. It is the most comfortable seat on the market. I am really disappointed that after two years they still have this leakage problem. I plan to contact the seller and see if I can get it replaced. Maybe they should test each one before they send them out. It's a great product if it didn't leak.

2.0 out of 5 stars So so, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
Took the pillow on 10-hour flight. It helped a little bit but after three or four hours, my butt was already sore. So i can't recommend this. There must be something better out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars International flight was so much nicer with this seat cushion., October 18, 2013
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
So thankful to have had this on a recent international flight. I have trouble with my tailbone after sitting for even a few moments at home, much less in a plane for hours. This cushion made it possible to enjoy a long flight n comfort. It is easy to use, compact enough to travel with, and a real seat saver.

2.0 out of 5 stars bad product.., April 17, 2013
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
seller and packaging were good...had the cushion for two weeks then it began losing air rapidly...if you have sciatica i don't recommend this as it aggravated mine...good concept but the cushin is rather small and I wouldn't recommend for anyone that doesn't have a rather small build. I have tried so many products as my back is a wreck...I've ended up making a cushion using this design out of an eight inch memory foam mattress from walmart which I've been using for 1.5 months and is doing wonderful and at roughly 150.00 is saving money on trying products that have been total let downs. Good luck to back pain sufferers believe me when I say.."I feel your pain".

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned it, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
Thought this was the Magellan one, it comes up when you search for Magellan, so the keywords are a bit misleading. Its really big and bulky, does not squish up small enough for a plane trip. Might be ok for a car that needs a new seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
Used two times. One outbound for 10 hours, and the return flight was a little over 11 hours. Both flights were quite comfortable due to this little cushion. Easily inflatable and easy to put away to disembark. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars self inflating seat cushion, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Travelon Luggage Self Inflating Seat Cushion (Apparel)
For a 7 hour plane trip, it was better than nothing. Easy to adjust the amount of air in the cushion, which was good.