5.0 out of 5 stars Great for organizing purse and diaper bag!
Published 23 months ago by momma_s

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they appear to be
On the website, these appear to be a fabric mesh embedded in clear plastic. I've seen bags like this before and they are very durable and useful. However, these bags are actually just cheap plastic with black lines on it, not actually a fabric mesh. The plastic is thin, and the sewn seams are of poor quality. I returned them to Amazon.
Published on June 24, 2010 by Ski Doc

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they appear to be, June 24, 2010
Ski Doc (Wilson,WY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travelon Set of 7 Packing Envelopes, Assorted Sizes (Apparel)

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, July 19, 2010
First time I used it the zip broke and I didn't even over pack it and what looks like a mash is just printed on the plastic. Ziplock bags will do the same job for cheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the $, May 3, 2010
Simple plastic envelopes (similar to old style "pencil cases").
These are smaller than I envisioned and I was also expecting softer, spiffier plastic cases. $16+ is a lot of money for these small, plain, uninspiring "envelopes". Zip lock baggies proved to be just as useful for my packing purposes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Low expectations made for pleasant surprise, April 21, 2012
Having read all the reviews I was prepared to receive non-mesh, cheap plastic envelopes that are frankly overpriced. But I needed something last minute and because I wasn't expecting much, these little cases actually worked out really well for a recent lengthy road trip. I used them for sorting various papers and keeping cash, tickets, and miscellany. They're decently flexible, have quality zipper pulls, and held up to dozens of daily open/close moments. I feel they're most effective for items that lay more flat, because even the larger sizes aren't designed for bulk. The bargain basement 'mesh' printed design is entirely unnecessary and frankly silly, but for safety pins, hotel receipts, rubber bands and cash denomination sorting, again, they held up quite nicely. They should be priced at half of what they're sold for, but I still don't think I could buy as many envelopes of various sizes at my local dollar store. If you're not a frequent traveler, don't require hard core protection/storage, and desire mainly paper organizing these should do the trick. If you're budget conscious and not embarrassed by using Zio-loc bags then just use those and save yourself the $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for organizing purse and diaper bag!, January 18, 2013
This set of bags is great for organizing! I especially like them for my son's diaper bag... the large one I put coloring books and crayons, 2nd to largest... his hot wheels. And the smaller ones I use for disinfecting wipes / child utensils / kleenex. The middle size are perfect for organizing my purse... coupons / medications & vitamins / makeup. Great set for the money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped getting our small stuff organized, June 30, 2010
I got these for our vacation based solely on the reviews here on Amazon. It made our trip easier by eliminating the digging in the carry-on's and were way more dependable than Ziplocs. The zippers were much sturdier than I was anticipating and the varying sizes fit our needs perfectly.

I used them to separate My medicines, small toiletry items, Snacks, just to mention a few. Having them separated into these bags made looking for things easier in the carry on. For the price of 13 bucks it was well worth it. Try them you won't be disappointed,

3.0 out of 5 stars Travelon pouches, September 16, 2009
AWH (Singapore) - See all my reviews
These look better on the website, but they are quite useful. Softer material would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little bags!, July 8, 2012
If you're looking for something that will last a lifetime...these likely will not. However, I expect to get many years out of them. Some hold contents I access rarely, others are used often. I have one that holds my inhaler and chapstick on the outside of my hiking pack...very hot, very cold, LOTS of use on a recent trip (like 20x a day, literally)...I still expect this little bag to hold up for many years. Conversly, the one that holds my emergency 'things' in the car...I expect that one to hold up nearly a lifetime. They are plastic, no mesh, they are not "thick" but stronger than a zip lock baggy or even a Hefty brand freezer bag. I like them, the zippers seem well sewn for me and held up fine to my harsh use for the past few weeks. I am buying an additional set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bags, July 26, 2010
I used these for a 3 month backpacking tour of Central America, during the rainy season. Kept everything dry when rained on and held up very well. Might have to buy another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel, September 23, 2009
This set is tops. You get seven bags to put little things in for travel. They are easy to see, stay intact, and are altogether when you need them. The bags are reinforced, but clear enough to see through. Hard to find. Simply great. I purchased two sets.

Travelon Set of 7 Packing Envelopes, Assorted Sizes