4.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful
Published on November 12, 2009 by M. Oldham

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so effective, but convenient
Published on November 7, 2011 by Joanna Daneman

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful, November 12, 2009
We had a small mishap at our first hotel stop and had to wash everything we'd brought because of the smoke smell. My silks and other hand-washables were washed with two sheets of this soap per one or two items (one pair of pants, two tank tops, couple of pairs of socks, etc.) and I felt that they were properly cleaned. There's basically no suds (perhaps if you used more sheets) and I found that they had to be manually dissolved by rubbing your fingers around the sheets once in the water, but they really seemed to do the job. Don't try to pull sheets out with damp hands!

ETA (Nov 2010): The above review was for the Laundry Soap Sheets.

I recently spent two weeks in London. The Laundry soap worked well, as usual. I was not so impressed with the Body Sheets. Perhaps if you're doing a "sponge bath" type thing, but in a shower I'd put three or four sheets on a washcloth and really didn't feel like it made much of a difference. Next time I think I'll take a dry cake of body soap instead. Body Wash Sheets would get a 2 star rating from me. (I just realized Amazon uses all the reviews for the Travelon products together; they're not separated out by product.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so effective, but convenient, November 7, 2011
I spent a sweaty week in 100-degree Italy this summer, and did a LOT of walking and climbing around. By the end of the day, my clothes were thoroughly sweated through. I brought a packet of this laundry soap along to wash out my clothes, and I really had to do laundry almost every night. We were assured by our travel group that there were few facilities for laundry except for the expensive hotel service, and this was true. As usual, finding a public laundromat in Europe requires travel to a distant part of town and possibly bribing someone to get the info out of them on the location. I didn't even try.

First, to use these soap leaves, have DRY HANDS. They do tell you that and they MEAN IT. Have a damp finger, and you will be picking up half the packet and destroying what's left. Second, apply the soap to a dampened garment, don't try to dissolve the soap in hot water in the sink. It is too small a leaf, even several leaves, to make a sudsy bath.

I didn't find it cleaned as a laundry soapall that well. I had brought a small TSA-friendly bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint, as I can be allergic to shower gels or soaps the hotel may have. It turned out that the Dr. Bronners was better for laundry than these soap leaves, though I did appreciate that they don't spill. And the liquid soap worked well for body wash as well. My recommendation is to buy a TSA friendly size of liquid castile soap and use it for washing your laundry instead of this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel!, January 22, 2010
We first bought these when we took a 10 night Mediterranean cruise while spending 2 weeks in Europe. We washed most of our clothes in the bathroom in our cruise cabin and hung them to dry. Since we each only packed one carry-on bag, we had to do laundry at Sea. These sheets did the job. The Shave Sheets are great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for smaller load, March 17, 2011
This is good for smaller load of hand-wash laundry. For extended trip, I usually carry the Lewis and Clark liquid detergent plus the Travelon soap sheet. I do laundry every night in the hotel/apartment. I use the laundry sheet for lighter loads (without jeans, for example). It takes two sheets to wash effectively for a sink of water. Twice a week I will use the liquid detergent instead for heavier load. The Travelon packet is a true space saver in the luggage.

As some of the reviewers have pointed out, you cannot touch the sheets with wet hands for obvious reasons. I don't find that to be a big problem. Pull them out in advance, or dry your hands with a towel. It accomplishes what is expected, and cleans thoroughly for lighter load. Socks smell clean and fresh the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a home care nurse, December 19, 2009
I need hand soap without any herbal ingredients. Often soap at my patients' homes contains aloe. Travelon soap leaves are easy to carry in my scrub pocket and handy to wash my hands as often as needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for trip abroad., November 15, 2009
I normally don't have sensitive skin but every time I travel to Europe I get topical dermatitis from the bathroom soaps. Though it takes a couple of sheets at a time and lots of rubbing (recommended by doctors) because of the lack of hot water in most restrooms it works well and does not cause the problem to my skin. One pack lasts a long time. I bought 4 packs and didn't go through 1 in 2 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, August 18, 2011
E (Provo, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
I took these on a three week vacation to Europe and washed all my clothes, except for jeans, with them by hand in the sink. I was surprised by the faint fresh odor the clothes had when they dried. (Sometimes they dried in a bathroom, sometimes in the sunshine, no real difference noted.) I used two sheets per sink-load based on what other reviewers said. I never had to deal with any serious stains so I don't know how they would have done by themselves on that. I had only the occasional dirt from sitting on park benches and a little grease spot or two which these sheets handled. I usually filled the sink with water and two sheets and then let the clothes sit for a few minutes in it before washing. I noticed that my bright colors didn't bleed hardly at all. Last year I had purchased a strong-smelling powdered detergent made for hand-washing clothing and had a tough time both rinsing and getting odors to go away. I am happy to report that this year these sheets worked better than that powdered soap did and I was pleasantly surprised. Plus, the package of sheets is small and light and easy to pack. I would buy these again for the next trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Army, January 7, 2010
Travelon TSA compliant Hand Soap SheetsI purchased these for my grandson in the Army and they are perfect for travel and when they are in the field. Along with the compact towel they are a Godsend

1.0 out of 5 stars Phew!, January 22, 2011
Scott Knudsen (Air Ronge, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
The stuff is extremely scented. Even in a LokSak bag you can still smell it. If you don't mind all your luggage smelling like scented soap, then maybe this is for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked Tide better, June 29, 2011
a patriot (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This packet was convenient, and I LOVED the hand soap, but never felt that it cleaned my clothes and there was no lather. Sometimes, I'd use 4-5 on a few items in the sink, but never really felt like it did anything. I won't use this item again.

Travelon Shaving Toiletry Sheets, 50-Count