5.0 out of 5 stars A Handy Item!
Published on March 27, 2008 by M. Herrin

1.0 out of 5 stars horrific
Published on July 4, 2010 by alice87

5.0 out of 5 stars A Handy Item!, March 27, 2008
Since this scale arrived, I have been amazed at how many things I find myself measuring. For some reason, it seems important to know that my handbag weights 5 lbs. I was also surprised to learn that my suitcase weighs 10 pounds empty! That leaves me with only 40 pounds of stuff to put in it. This scale is very useful, seems to be sturdy and accurate, and will accompany me on my vacation this summer to keep tabs on how much I am adding to my luggage along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travalon Luggage Scale, January 9, 2007
This little scale can pay for itself many times over, and grants peace of mind as you approach check in. I purchased two, one for my Australian friend who always overpacks and has to pay at the gate for overweight luggage. It is more accurate than bathroom scales. If you are by yourself, hold it in front of a mirror.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travelon Travel Scale, July 27, 2008
The Travelon Travel Scale showed my big suitcase to weigh about 35 lbs., but the suitcase weighed 38 lbs. on the airlines' scale at the airport, so my scale was underweighing the suitcase. During my trip, I bought souvenirs. After I repacked the suitcase for my return trip, the scale showed the suitcase to be 55 lbs. I shifted some of the heavier souvenirs to my carryon bag and lowered the weight of the suitcase to about 46 lbs. as shown on the Travelon Travel Scale. On the airlines' scale at the airport, the suitcase weighed 50 lbs. exactly, so I avoided having to pay the $50 fee for an overweight bag! Great scale to have, as long as the differences in the accuracy of various scales are kept in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Travel Accessory, March 20, 2007
After being forced to re-package our suitcases on the floor of the airport we decided that a travel scale was essential. The wife's suitcase was 55 Lb, mine was 35. The airline people weren't going to average them.

This scale is the answer. It is designed to show the weight of the piece of luggage once it is lifted and sat back down. You don't have to struggle to see the weight while holding it in the air. It also has a convenient measuring tape built in to make sure you meet not only the weight but also the size requirements. It is rugged and well built.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelon Travel Accessories 75lb. Luggage Scale - Black, March 22, 2007
I bought 2 of these scales and was very happy. They are small and light, perfect for home or to take on a trip . They also came with a very nice feature I was not originally aware of. The scale has a marker which shows the weight of the object you just weighed. So weighing your luggage is no longer a two person job! * I believe this "Stop and Lock" feature is only available on newer models* Great Product. Very Happy!

1.0 out of 5 stars horrific, July 4, 2010
This review is from: Travelon Stop & Lock Luggage Scale (Apparel)
I paid 9 dollars plus tax for scale that lasted for one bag only and after that broke and gave a difference of 10 pounds. Which is really "helpful" when you arrive at the airport and your luggage is overweight. Very bad product. Don't buy it. I could not even return it because I am not in US and basically trash this piece of bad equipment at the airport. Not worth even a dollar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable luggage scale, January 3, 2007
A must for those who travel with large suitcases. Use this before you leave and carry it with you for the trip home. Great for avoiding the airlines extra fee for overweight bags. Also saves you from re-packing suitcases at the airport.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth it, October 28, 2008
This looked like the perfect thing for us as we prepared to move to another country. It worked a couple of times and then wouldn't work any longer. We went to the old fashioned way and weighed ourselves then the luggage and subtracted the difference. We were very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonderfully!, February 16, 2008
I used this scale on my last trip and it was very helpful. It helped to keep me under the 50 lb. limit. Both bags were close to the limit (about 47 - 48 lbs) when weighed with the scale, and showed about the same weight when weighed at the airport,

1.0 out of 5 stars Grossly Inaccurate, February 7, 2010
Rawhide (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travelon Stop & Lock Luggage Scale (Apparel)
With nearly every airline strictly enforcing draconian baggage policies (Delta = 23Kg per person on International flight - ridiculous!!) we thought this would eliminate the counter-shock of excess baggage fee's.
Well, not with this scale! It proved so grossly inaccurate.
It was used to measure 2 suitcases and measurements were taken 5 times each by 2 different people. When weighed at the airport the bags were up to 9 lbs heavier! We nearly had to pay Delta's excess fee of $150!. Item was returned to Amazon. I'm still looking for a convenient and accurate baggage scale... as the airlines with continue to find ways to stick it to us!

Travelon Stop & Lock Luggage Scale