5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly durable and roomy despite compact design
Published on April 29, 2009 by STLDoc

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not use ID slot
Published on August 12, 2010 by Gail A. Mcgregor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly durable and roomy despite compact design, April 29, 2009
STLDoc (St Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I took this thing to thailand for a whole month and it was fantastic. It was compact, had many interior pockets that are very secure for holding money, passport, IDs, etc. Front larger compartment is plenty large for a compact digital camera and the small thumb light it came with was very useful on many occasions on my trip. Back compartment is fully zipper enclosed on 3 sides and opens relatively easily and has slots for 4-5 cards/IDs. Also has zippered compartment for anything else (change etc). Large enough also to hold a digital camera however more snugly.

Outside was a canvasy material that was very smooth looking and not cheap apearing at all.

the cheapest looking things were the clips where the shoulder strap clips into the top of this thing however despite a month of wear and tear and substantial travel in and around thailand... it also survived the world's largest water fight during the thailand Song Kran newyears festival... this thing is pretty awesome. Definitely worth the money. Not stylish enough to use at home, but perfect for travel without looking like you have a fanny pack

Also, the strap can be shortened all the way and i often slung the thing around my waist similar to a fanny pack, but if you're very small and petite i wouldn't try it as it wasn't built for it, but i used it as such.

One other small con, the sleeve built for your drivers license over the flap of the front cover is a little loose. my ID never fell out until after I returned home when it somehow slipped out in my car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not use ID slot, August 12, 2010
This bag was pretty much what I expected. It was the right size, the color was a bit off (it looked brighter online). It held about what I thought it would (phone, cards, money, papers, digital camera) but it was a tight fit. My problem was that I used the clear slot under the flap for my ID and it fell out!! I have no idea where and I was on vacation so it was a HUGE deal. Everyone was afraid I wouldn't be able to get on the plane back home. I thought it might fall out but at the same time I figured that slot was made for an ID so it would be fine. It wasn't. DO NOT USE THAT CARD SLOT! That was definitely a disappointment and could have ruined my entire vacation. Part of that was my fault, I should have taken better care of it but I also thought it was made for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star review, March 1, 2009
This product arrived on the specified date. It makes the perfect travel organizer for passports,tickets and all personal and business credit cards which can be viewed by only the person using it. An added bonus is the light that attaches securely. This is a practical asset to the product because it can be taken in and out. There are many compartments and plenty of spaces to keep all personal and business information on hand. Anyone would appreciate the places for the their cell phone, ipod and accessories. Its size is small enough to keep on you but large enough to be practical for a trip in the air or a day around the city. I give it a five star. This unisex product is an easy to clean microfiber item and I would not be afraid to put a small water bottle in for the day. A great price for one of lifes necessities.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with this one, May 18, 2011
Two reasons:

1. It's not secure: The magnet on the flap is not strong enough to keep it closed, and the flap has no snap, zipper, or buckle, so anyone could lift it and take your money and credit cards. Why is this billed as a "travel wallet?" Your money would be more secure in a ziplock bag.

2. It's not well-made: The strap broke after a month of infrequent use, and now the bag is useless.

I have a number of Baggallini bags that I love, and I had hoped this one would be similar in design and function and would serve me equally well. Goodbye, Travelon -- I'm going back to Baggallini.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome travel mini messenger bag, April 15, 2009
This review is from: Travelon Travel Wallet with Strap and Belt Loop (Apparel)
I use this as a mini purse/wallet inside my larger purse. If I don't want to use my larger fur purse, I just take this one out- it has a shoulder strap which I make it long and wear it cross-body. It holds credit cards,cash,coins,cell phone,lipstick,cigs,whatever-has organized compartments. Material is practical and fashionable-can be wiped clean with water and its a cool leopard print. Good price too. Almost forgot- has a little light inside that you activate when you purchase it. Cool grits with cheese and yogurt butter and sea salt and bacon- good staple for this southern on the go girl. Gotta go to the beach- HAPPY SHOPPING with AMAZON!!!
ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little bag!, April 6, 2010
Mary S. "PinkTerrier" (Cary, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This petite bag is just the right size to carry around my daily essentials (lots of credit cards, store cards, and business cards, dollar bills, change, a stack of miscellaneous small papers, car keys, mini tape measure, mini scissors, mini pen, little comb, wet wipes (for my toddler), and my GPS). I clip my phone onto the shoulder strap. There are loads of pockets and a larger main compartment. It's just the right size for everything and keeps every item easily accessible. I like that it's small enough to be out of the way when I'm carrying my toddler around. The leather is attractive and a little less casual looking than the microfiber.

I wish there were a store near me that carried a wide range of Travelon's bags. I couldn't decide, so I ordered this Leather Travel Wallet, the Convertible Wallet, and the 3-Compartment Expandable Shoulder Bag.

The Convertible Wallet is larger than the Leather Travel Wallet and has a larger main compartment and lots of places for credit cards, but fewer different sized compartments overall. It comes with a shoulder strap, but I don't see an easy way of wearing it at the waist unless I wear a belt. There is webbing band sewn onto the bag to loop a belt through, which is covered by a flap that closes with a snap. I would have preferred if it had a clip that I could clip onto the waistband of my pants for easy on and off because I don't wear belts (though that would be less secure). The Leather Travel Wallet has a leather band to slip a belt through. I guess that it's right for the right person's needs, but I prefer the Leather Travel Wallet's look, compactness, and compartments.

It was hard to choose between the Leather Travel Wallet and the 3-Compartment Expandable Shoulder Bag for day-to-day use. The 3-Compartment Shoulder Bag is the largest of the three bags, but it's still compact and not too big. It fits everything the Leather Travel Wallet does, in addition to having room inside for my cell phone, my compact camera and a water bottle. The 3-Compartment Shoulder Bag has a wonderful number and variety of pockets within the front, middle and back compartments. The microfiber exterior and inner lining are soft and seem cleanable and durable (though I haven't tried cleaning it yet and have only had it a few days). I think my mother would love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelon pouch, July 31, 2009
Very handy - on belt or with its strap. I have a theoretical concern that the magnet closure could possibly alter the coded magnetic information on a credit/debit card, so I place them away from the magnet. I have had no trouble with that, though. The case is secure and compact and very usable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, December 1, 2012
I needed a small purse for recent travel. This was smaller than I imagined from the picture, but it was totally adequate for my trip. Great for when you want to travel light. I wish the flap closing was with something other than Velcro, though. I might not have purchased it if I had realized that earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. At my side night and day., November 30, 2012
First off, I am not a purse kind of girl. To underline this point, I wear men's pants so I can stuff more crap in my pockets to avoid carrying a purse. I'm more of a bi-fold wallet toting, change in pockets, soda bottle in the back pocket, receipts falling out in the wash kind of girl. The only problem with this is I hate the way full pockets ruin the line of my jeans. Worse yet when I do wear girl's dresses/pants/skirts/jeans there isn't enough pocket space to put anything! Not even my small cellphone! So I wanted a small purse to fit my everyday needs and one that is easy to keep on me throughout the day. This is the purse! I love it! The back pocket has lots of credit card slots and a small zipper that I use for receipts/coupons so it takes the place of my wallet. The front pocket has space for my cellphone, four pens and white-out tape (I'm a grad student), a pack of gum, a spare aspirin (in a small zipper pocket) and my chapstick. My keys and jumpdrive attaches to the key fob in that pocket, also. There's a slot for a card on the inside that I use for my bus pass (wouldn't use it for my i.d. though, I've had the card slip out once or twice). Also the strap has a lot of length and is comfortable to wear cross-body all day.

Now, people have complained that the magnets that hold the purse shut aren't strong enough. Here is my super cheap and quick fix. I bought a set of small neodynium magnets ($1-2) and just placed them over the existing magnets, one on each side. It makes the purse close and stay shut a lot better. I haven't had any problems with the flap coming open at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purse!, July 14, 2012
JLH (California) - See all my reviews
I love this purse. The microfiber material is really well done - looks nice and sleek, seems pretty water resistant and stain resistant, too. Perfect size, easy to carry around if you have kids, and fits just the perfect amount - credit cards/money, phone, keys. I'm using this for everyday use and couldn't be more pleased. I love that one side zips for the credit cards/money while the other side (phone/keys) has the magnet close. Magnet works really well.

Tempted to order more in case something ever happens to this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›