Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2011
I have just returned from a 3 1/2 week overseas trip. Before leaving, I purchased this bag as a replacement for a carry-on without wheels which I was tired of lugging around airports. The Travelon certainly solved that problem. It was easy to wheel, rather light, and fit nicely into the overhead plane compartment. The fact that the main zippers open almost all the way make it easy to reach the contents.

However, there was a downside. Packing space and the division of that space are issues. The sloped design at the top means the reduction of packing space. In addition, I would prefer to use packing space in my own way without the restriction of divisions (such as pockets)put in by the manufacturers. One of the two zipper compartments on the front is primarily for show. It holds virtually nothing except, perhaps, a plane ticket.

As to appearance, the faux look of patten leather isn't really convincing.
on April 24, 2012
Just got back from a 5 day trip and was easily able to pack all my clothes in the rolling bag and the tote. Was nervous because some reviews said the handle didn't work, the zippers break and it was insubstantial. I bought the black patent-quilt. It is stunning. It glided down the runway: I put it in the overhead the tote under my chair. The zippers and handles were fine. I am so thrilled with this bag and am seriously thinking of taking only these two on a 7-day trip to Paris (I pack very efficiently). I couldn't be happier. Just redited original review. Happy until UNTIL MY LAST TRIP AND THE ZIPPERs on the sides BROKE! Had read this in other reviews and it is a real problem. Only used the suitcase 3 months. Still love the size and shape. Next time I will by the exact one from Brookstone--that way if the zippers break I will know where to return it. So sad...
on October 7, 2013
Traveling to Europe on United . Huge disappointment. This bag will not fit under the seat. The attendant was upset at how bulky it was. I had an Isle seat and was forced to store it overhead far from where I was seated. This product description needs to stop touting itself as an under seat product. I had all my meds and essentials for an 11 hour flight removed from my sight because of the description if this product is off. Having been allowed two bags by the airline; one carry-on and one personal under the seat- this one failed miserably. I'm 5 ' 1".
on August 11, 2015
I've been searching for luggage that I can keep underseat and this Travelon was the best design. I really love the patent look and the extra tote bag.

Pros: This is an overnight bag but roomy enough for a 2 to 3 night stay. This is the challenge for me because although I'm really good at packing light, I love packing extra shoes and purses. I can't do that with this bag unless I utilize the extra tote.

Cons: I heard the zippers are terrible. I haven't had any problems but I've been super careful with it in fear it'll break. I feel I shouldn't have to do that but oh well. The telescope handle did stick a few times but it works. Although there are lots of pockets for organizing, you can't overfill them. If it's too full it could sabotage the other pockets making them unusable. Even the tote got some bad reviews. It's supposedly very poor quality and has fallen apart on some people. I've barely used it so it's still holding up.

I just hope this bag doesn't fall apart. This is the luggage design I've been waiting for so I expect to be using it for a long time.
review image review image review image
on May 5, 2013
It fit under the seat - even under a small commuter plane seat. The materials are cheap and the strap broke the first time I used it. I love the size and the idea but for the price I expected something that would last. This definately won't last long. I'm very disapointed.
on March 26, 2012
This suitcase is almost perfect. Stylish - great organization system, and fits nice in overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you. Only problem is the construction seems to be very cheap - the handle jammed after a few uses, and then eventually broke off from the bag completely.
on July 8, 2015
My experience traveling with this product has been one vacation - three flights on Southwest Airlines, on two window seats and one middle seat. It fit great under my seats, with about three inches to spare on one side. I also used it as an overnight bag for part of our trip.

PROS
- Mesh Divider - I placed my TSA-compliant one quart clear bag with liquids in the mesh divider (inside the bag) and easily accessed it to place on the tray.
- Front Pocket - It is snug, which worked in my favor - I knew my boarding pass and ID were not going to accidentally fall out.
- Water bottle pocket - Works well and it's nice that you can Velcro it closed when not using it.
- Wheels/Handle - Both have worked well. My infant has no problem lifting the handle to smoothly roll the bag around and I don't either. :)
- Material - The PVC material allowed me piece of mind when stowing the bag under the seat. If my traveling neighbor or infant dropped a drink on it, I could just wipe it off without worry that contents had soaked.
- Shape - The shape, to me, is beneficial. It allows for a smooth pull-up when going from under the seat to an upright position. This made it easy for me to access items that were placed at the bottom of the bag without invading my travel neighbor's space.
- Size - I was able to roll the bag down the airplane aisle without a problem.
- Strap on the back - This strap allowed me to secure this bag on to the handle of a larger suitcase and easily roll them together.
- Weight - Empty, the bag is fairly light. A plus when you cannot roll the bag and need to use the handles to carry it.
- As an overnight bag - I was able to fit two outfits, pajamas, a makeup bag, toiletries, hair brushes, snacks, etc. without a problem.

CONS
- Zippers - They are faulty! The zipper pull tab has too much play, allowing it to scoot sideways on the slider loop. This means you will need to adjust the pull tab just about every time you want to use the zipper.
- Metal clasp - Inside the bag, one of the two clasps that holds the mesh divider when you completely unzip the front flap has never worked. So, I tend to unzip the front flap half way to access my things. This irks me as I didn't even get the chance to break it ... it just never worked.
- Price - I think the bag is a tad overpriced, but that's just me!
- "Kick Board" - when my bag was purchased, it was described as having a "kick board" on the back to kick the bag away and start rolling, but my bag did not have it.
NEUTRAL
- Front Organizer - Works well for thin items such as an iPad and a few "flat" snacks such as granola bars or a chocolate bar. A bag of chips, for example, would probably be crushed.
- Back-Up Bag - The whole point, for me, of purchasing the bag was to travel light and with minimum items, so I avoided using the Back-Up Bag.
on April 9, 2013
The size is perfect for underseat and supports my 15.6" laptop. I like the quilted design and a lot of my friends are asking where I bought it. The only problem is the back-up bag, after only a week of using it the stitches in front already came off...not that durable.
on January 16, 2015
Super cute & super functional! It worked great, just like a lot of the other reviewers said. I took it on a JetBlue flight and it fit perfectly right under the seat. There's so many compartments & pockets, I couldn't even use them all, though of course I'm glad they're there when I need them. You can roll it on wheels, hand carry, or attach to larger luggage. They really thought of everything when they designed it. Unlike most products, which usually can use an improvement or two..or three! I am a tad concerned about the zipper breaking in the future, since so many reviewers had that issue. So far, so good w/my 1st trip. Tho I'm not a jet setter, so I suspect it will be fine for my needs. Also, let's all be realistic here, it's polyurethane. If you need something more durable for traveling the world nonstop, I'd spend some more & go with leather. All in all, a great piece which I actually cannot think of any needed improvements. I was definitely a bit hesitant the pull the trigger because of the price, but I'm glad I did. I absolutely feel it was worth the price. Plus Amazon's price was the best! AND when I ordered it last minute before Christmas, I received it before company on Christmas Eve, primed & ready to leave the day after Christmas.
on April 29, 2011
Perfect size to carry on the plane and stow under the seat. Has a surprising amount of room in it as well. Many different compartments. Great purchase!