Industrial-Sized Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

on July 13, 2011
I have just completed my first international trip with this suitcase. I consider the 26" a good size for current weight limits (I am a dense packer and anything larger is difficult to keep at 50 lbs).

I am impressed with the smooth functioning of the wheel and how the weight is carried on the wheels and not pulling on my arm as I pull the suitcase. This was even more impressive when attached my heavy carry-on (a 20" suitcase at close to 30lb in addition to the 46lb of the 26" suitcase) and the package was still easy to pull and stayed easy to steer and turn (ok, it is kind of chunky --> but it wasn't heavy on me).

I used the expansion joint coming home and it was a significant increase in volume. The amazing balance of the suitcase with a piggyback worked with and without the expansion joint.

In the past I have found 2 suitcases as a unit to be too heavy for me. Not with this one! The hanger for the 2nd suitcase is included as well as a combination lock.
on April 1, 2012
I purchased this bag last October before a week-long trip to Atlanta on business. After the non-stop flight, I arrived to find the front pocket zipper pull had pulled off. Fortunately, I had not packed anything in that compartment.

When I returned from the trip, the store exchanged the item for me. The next trip I took was in March. Non-stop flight again, this time to Portland OR. Same problem. Only this time, I did have belongings in the pocket. I don't know how, but the belongings managed to stay in the pocket, only just barely. This was not demanding travel, by any means. A single trip on a plane should not result in this sort of problem.

I have subsequently learned that this is apparently a purposeful design by this company. They want the pulls to break away, rather than causing more damage to the bag. Well, I have never had this sort of problem on a suitcase, including cheap stuff bought at the local outlet stores. If I cannot trust the zippers on a suitcase, I can't use the suitcase. I won't risk putting something in a bag that is designed to break open at the slightest provocation.
on January 20, 2012
I've owned several Travelpro suitcases in various sizes, some for many years, and in general they hold up very well to being tossed around by the airline crews. For this reason, when I needed another large suitcase, I chose Travelpro. I was not disappointed with this one! It looks great, feels very well made, and held everything I needed for myself and my two kids under 2 for a week-long vacation.

The only feature I'm not wild about is the removable suit sleeve, but that's because I don't tend to carry any "fancy" clothing with me, and so I prefer extra space in the zippered mesh pocket on the inner "lid" of the suitcase, which my other Travelpro suitcases have. This is just a personal preference, so I can't blame Travelpro for it, and I'm sure some would love this suit sleeve.

I will say I've bought and returned one Travelpro (not this one!) because I didn't feel its quality was what I expected from Travelpro. Unfortunately, I don't remember which model it was, but I did want to point out that I don't believe all their models are as superior quality as the Crew 8 line.

One other thing. DON'T FORGET to remove the "piggyback strap" before handing your bag over to the airlines! We forgot, and as a result when we picked up our bag at the other end of our flight, the entire mechanism was ripped off the bag! This was our fault, not the fault of the airlines or Travelpro.

As other reviewers have said, this thing handles beautifully, even heavily packed, distributing the weight so your arm isn't aching, and rolling and turning well.

Though Travelpro is more expensive than some brands, I find them well worth the money. All Travelpro suitcases I've ever purchased are still being used and are still in very good shape, and some I've had for 10 years. I won't buy another brand, actually!
on January 14, 2011
The dimensions for this bag are listed as the same as the Crew 8 24. Not so--can't be. Go to the Travel Pro site for correct dimensions. Unfortunately, even Travel Pro mixes up width and height. Just check it.
on May 23, 2012
I have been reviewing bags for several months now and decided on this one. no joke the very first trip the front zipper just disappeared and my dirty undies were scattered out all over the baggage claim. I was very disappointed in this bag. I did send it back for a refund. and yes i left my dirty undies on the baggage claim for the airline to clean up since they are so careless with their customers bags.
on October 15, 2012
"Reliable" is the operative word when it comes to buying a suitcase. I travel six months a year--each trip is one/two months, then I'm off a month, then do it again. So I have to pack a lot and be able to depend on a suitcase.
This Travelpro worked fine for almost a year. Then, in an elevator in Spain, the door opened, I pulled, and the handle fell off in my hand. I was lucky enough to find a roll of duct tape, and I put it together to the extent that I could pull it. And a 26" suitcase is HEAVY when it's packed. That was where Travelpro totally screwed the pooch...they put a handle on it that was only beefy enough for their 20" rollaboard. The difference in weight from 20-26" is exponential.

Long story short, I got it home, threw it in the garbage can, and bought a Samsonite Supra 6 Hybrid. This is the one with a solid shell bottom and four castering wheels. If this one breaks I'm going to get a Costco suitcase, and if it breaks I'll keep getting it replaced. But the real issue isn't getting a new one, or getting it fixed, it's that when it breaks and you aren't in the U.S. or with access to a luggage repair shop, you are in deep you-know-what!

I was an airline pilot for 25 years, and when the first Travelpros came out they were fabulous! Greatest invention ever, a rolling suitcase. It was well made, lasted forever, and withing a couple of years every pilot and flight attendant owned one. But now they're made in China. . . and that's the end of that story. (Of course so is the Samsonite! LOL! It's the plight of Americans these days, everything we buy is complete CHINESE JUNK!)
on July 6, 2012
I just got this luggage today and am impressed with it's looks size and quality. However, the description online said this bag weighs 9 pounds, which is not the case. It weighs 12 pounds. I am very disappointed because I was looking for a large bag that weighed 8-9 pounds. So if you are thinking this is a lightweight option, not so.
on December 24, 2010
I have a Travelpro Hard shell and it was getting a little bit old with the TSA agents breaking the latches twice. This zipper and expandable version has the "give" to withstand the TSA and baggage handlers
on February 3, 2011
Quality product, everything about the luggage is superior. The Spruce color was a good choice as it was easily seen on the luggage spinner.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2011
We have several different Travel Pros. More often I like the 22" carry on for convenience.

On cruises this larger one is nice because you can wear lots of different cloths for formal and ports of call and size is less a problem because it gets loaded and unloaded at or near your car. The wheels make it easy.

We take two. One for each of us. My wife takes more cloths but I have large feet, big shoes, and wear large clothing sizes so I use the larger space with some left for bringing home treasure. Truth be told CostCo and Sams also offer this size for about half the price. Lower quality but still well made.

If you travel often enough you can test yourself by asking, when you get home, if you wore everything you took with you. Often I had to answer that I could take much less since many things were not worn. Cruises might be different since you can change for dining day after day.

There are lots of good suit cases out there. For the money this is a good one. We tie ribbon on for I.D. from a distance.