Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: One SizeColor: BlackChange

on November 6, 2012
Through the years I have purchased several pieces of luggage. A couple lasted through a few years of flights. Some lasted 4 or 5 trips. A few lasted only 1 or 2. The Travelpro Crew 9 is by far the best piece of luggage I have owned. Based on performance to date, it could be the last piece of luggage I purchase. It is a good value.
on December 7, 2014
TRAVELPRO Crew 9 and this item the 26 inch Suiter has been our choice of luggage for a number of years. The heavy denier nylon withstands water, abrasion, crushing and sidewalk imperfections with ease that the newer four wheeled luggage does not due to their smaller diameter wheels. This difference may not seem like much when freewheeling through an airport concourse, but is critical when traversing brick or cobblestone sidewalks.

This bag in particular is just about the right size for anyone wanting to pack both hanging and rolled/folded (or pack cube packed) items for a week or longer trip. Due to current size and weight restrictions, I find it difficult to recommend a larger bag unless someone wants to pay a surcharge for their checked luggage.

While I do worry that the handle will extend and be abused by equipment or personnel during loading or unloading, so far, my fears have been misplaced. The handle is sturdy and has extension stops for a couple of positions. The liner is waterproof and we have never had wet contents in spite of rain. The exterior zipped pockets are more useful for trips by auto than airline usage.
on August 23, 2013
I bought this on the recommendation of a friend and wondered if I was going to lose this friend. The bag came in and was just in time for a trip. The bag survived two sets of baggage handlers and a cabbie and looks like new. I am really happy with this bag and after trying several brands ( and being disappointed with each) I am keeping this bag and keeping my friend.
on October 17, 2014
I bought the 26" Crew 9 Rollaboard along with the 22" carry-on model. I did this because I hate 4 wheel spinning suitcases and the 2 wheel models are quickly disappearing everywhere. The 26" is a good suitcase but, for some strange reason, it is not finished as nicely as the carry-on. I can't really point to anything specific - just the way it looks on the outside (maybe it's the more squarish shape). The 26" is quite large and the handle is very sturdy. I could do without the suiter bag but is is detachable if unwanted. Overall, I like the item and think it will last for many years.

I should also mention that, to save money, I went with a used item in "Very Good" condition. I have found in the past that this usually means brand-new but the box has been opened. That was the case and my slight criticism has nothing to do with new versus used.
on September 3, 2013
I love the travelpro series. Durable and easy to use. The wheels roll well. Great overall design. I use the smaller 22", but my wife uses this one when we travel. Great design. I would recommend it to anyone!
on July 22, 2013
This luggage is great! It ate up way more stuff than I expected. The integrated suit bags are well designed and easy to use. The handle is very sturdy and solid. This is high quality luggage.
on April 2, 2013
Travelpro makes a great suitcase. Durable, easy to travel with, easy to pack. I have the full set. End of review.
on October 23, 2012
This suitcase seems pretty decent construction wise overall. There were a few things about it that did not seem right for me:
* I am 6' 4" - when walking with the trolley in the upper position it seemed to hit me in the thigh and foot. I had to push back the handle behind me to get around. They make a point of showing the two point trolley height, but I would say you need to be 6' 2' or less to use this luggage. My older Briggs and Riley did not do this.
* The shirt suitor does not cut it. there is no way to use hangers with this, it.s merely a folding device.

Otherwise, not a bad suitcase.
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
We purchased two of these prior to a cruise vacation. The cases handled the gorilla baggage handlers with ease, and arrived at the cabin unscathed. I like how the suit is held in the lid; this is much better than others I have owned/used. The wheels roll smoth, and are wide enough to avoid tipping and falling on its side. It sits upright easily when full, and we had no issues with it feeling like it would tip over. This might not be the case fully expanded, which we didn't test.

This is a high quality suit case that is packed with features. Upon unpacking it, you can feel the quality, especially the handle and the wheels. While not as tough looking as the flight crew models, this one runs a close second. I like the fact that Travelpro has a repair facility in Florida, which would make repairs quick and easy if needed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2014
Works fine with an improved handle. My last travel pro handle failed.