5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bag for travel
Published on July 9, 2012 by J. Thullen

The tilt should at least be towards the back, where the balance point is usually located due to the front pockets. As a matter of fact there are several two-wheeled versions with just that type of angle, so I am pretty sure the designer didn't intend for the forward tilt.
otherwise the case is light and well built, ok for a higher priced luggage.
I'll try to fix...
Published 14 months ago by cc

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite bag for travel, July 9, 2012
I've stashed this great bag in overhead bins and checked it. It rolls nicely, and after a few miles of cobblestone sidewalks, it is still my favorite traveling bag. The front zip pocket has a smaller secure pocket for incidentals. I keep a bag bungee in the front pocket to secure a smaller tote on top. The material seems durable, and the bag is well-designed overall. The handles on the top and sides are easy to spot and grasp. Mine is blue, which makes it easy to find, though I always add some bright blue painter's tape to each side so my bag is distinctive enough to keep it from being confused with anyone else's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact but holds a lot, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Travelpro Luggage Maxlite 2 20" Expandable Spinner (Accessory)
I bought this because it offered spinning capability and smaller dimensions, and an excellent reputation...I figure if flight crews use TravelPro products, they must be good. This bag can be tippy if you don't pack it strategically. However I have been pleased with its capacity. With the help of Eagle Creek's Pack-It folders I was able to pack a week's worth of clothes in this one carry on...probably over 12 pieces of clothing, not including underwear and socks. I wish there were more than one outer pocket, such as a slash pocket for quickly stowing boarding passes, etc. Overall I am satisfied with the purchase though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves this suitcase!, October 8, 2012
I researched quite a bit before buying this carry-on suitcase. The one my husband had been using for his business trips was shot. Outside zipper no longer functional, and fabric was fraying. I wanted to get him one with the 360 wheels, plus have it be small and compact enough for any overhead bin. This one is perfect. It's a great color too. He has taken it on a couple trips now -- wheels are great and the size is just right. Nice zippered pocket on the inside for his shoes, and the outside pocket is great (with another small zippered pocket inside the outside one). Great quality bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective bag, February 10, 2012
Great bag. Holds 1 week worth of clothes. Had no problems with the handle at 5'10'' both heights worked well for me. Carry-on approved in the US and on some of the inter-european flights. Not EasyJet though. Sturdy without any challenges

5.0 out of 5 stars well made and easy to take on the plane, December 5, 2012
I got this for a 7 day business trip to EU. during that trip it went through some of the roughest roads from the tram stations to the hotel and on rough old world roads. This thing held up nicely. I was able to also pack 7 separate days worth of clothes, shaving set, and a jacket in this thing. The 4WD is a must and the height adjustment on this case made it well worth the money paid. Plus the color was not the typical black roller case everyone and their dog has at the airport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moves smoothly, November 9, 2012
This TravelPro suitcase is much more compact than I expected. The wheels are very smooth and absolutely love how it handles. Extra compartments in the suitcase help to divide clothes easily. There is much more room in this suitcase than it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Professional, and probably will be sturdy too, October 8, 2012
Very light. When I picked up the delivered box, I was amazed at how light it was. Very well-made, good overall finish. Doesn't smell bad, that's great. Internal storage capacity is plenty. I cannot find a flaw yet. This is a very nice luggage bag for travelers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice!, October 21, 2012
I just came back from a flight with this luggage and was really glad that I chose it. Flying can be a real hassle when your luggage is heavy and bulky. This one is light weight, well made, and has sturdy handles. It rolls nicely on all four wheels which really made getting through the airport a lot easier for me. It fits nicely in the overhead and being lighter I had no problem getting it up there. With the expandable front zipper I was able to fit everything I needed for a four day trip and the front pocket is a convenient place for keeping liquids handy for security check. It is really a great choice for women!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, March 4, 2013
I have made 3 trips to Africa and one to Asia with this bag in the last 75 days. I am impressed with the rollers, zipper quality, length of inside straps and toughness.
I have worn out several bags over the last 10 years and 2.5 million miles. This travelpro is the best bag I have owned. It is my first spinner and I can't see going back to a roll aboard with only two wheels. I do have to use it on two wheels on most gangplanks athat are carpeted and on some padded carpet surfaces. But it tilts without having to miss a step.

3.0 out of 5 stars leans forward a bit, probably not by design but due to construction., June 18, 2013
otherwise the case is light and well built, ok for a higher priced luggage.
I'll try to fix this by unscrewing the front wheels and adding some padding and raise the front of the luggage...

Travelpro's customer service seems to be pretty good. I was able to find the link to their email page and got a response back from a person the next day!
As far as the initial issue with the forward lean, I noticed Victorinox, Wenger and even Samsonite now have all their bags designed with a slight back tilt.
I really wanted to try a Travelpro bag, but I think I'll end up getting another Wenger bag.

Rate and Discover Movies