5.0 out of 5 stars Great Luggage, Exceptional Value
FAST JAUNT REVIEW:
TravelPro luggage provides you with very good quality at a great price. We won't consider buying any other brand.

LONG JOURNEY REVIEW:
Published 22 months ago by Sharon Beverly

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Travel Pro suitcase
Published 9 months ago by seth mangasarian

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Luggage, Exceptional Value, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Travelpro Luggage Maxlite 2 29 inches Expandable Spinner Suitcase (Accessory)
FAST JAUNT REVIEW:

LONG JOURNEY REVIEW:
I researched luggage brands for more than two years; doing online and in-store research, asking frequent travelers what brands they like, and reading comments. In short, I educated myself before buying, as the price of two full sets of decent luggage could easily exceed the cost of a nice vacation.

My requirements included:
* Fully functional 360°spinner wheels (not just wheels)
* Durable fabric
* Lightweight for overseas travel
* Expandable
* Telescoping handle
* Handles on sides, ends to assist in lifting and lay flat
* Ability to piggyback pieces when rolling
* Usable outer pockets
* Good manufacturer's guarantee
* Available in color other than black

When traveling with a purse, coat, carry-on bag and suitcase, I want to be able to get through the airport without feeling like a pack-horse. The Travelpro set meets my expectations. For example, when we were recently in Italy (to board a cruise) there was a baggage handlers' strike in Rome. My husband and I each had the following to deal with: 2 large suitcases, 2 smaller suitcases, 2 carry-ons, 2 coats, and my purse. We would never have been able to do it by ourselves if not for the `piggybacking' feature of our TravelPro sets. We simply clipped on a small piece, attaching the largest suitcase to a smaller one and then placed our carry-ons on top of them (this created a `shelf'). On top of all of this, I hooked my purse over the telescoping handle of the largest suitcase and then draped my coat over them. We tipped our bags and off we went--sans baggage handlers! Without using the `piggybacking' feature, we could have rolled the bags upright. Spinner wheels allow you to roll the bag by your side or, directly in front of yourself. This means you don't strain your arm or back, hauling a tipped suitcase behind you.

Luggage comes in soft or hard sides. While the hard-sided types may be durable, they will eat up your weight allowance. We wanted a tough fabric that would hold up to rough baggage handling. The TravelPro does that. One of our suitcases was so roughly handled that, we needed a zipper repair. TravelPro stands behind their luggage. (So many manufacturers refuse to honor claims that are not directly a result of workmanship.) We simply took our bag (You may need to mail yours) to a local TravelPro outlet and the zipper was replaced--quickly--free of charge. Nowhere else did we find this guarantee except with very expensive luggage.

The telescoping handle allows you to comfortably wheel your suitcase at a height that is right for you. The workmanship is excellent. The handle effortlessly rises and goes back into place without any difficulty. (I was told to look for luggage that had its handles outside the suitcase and not built into the case. I did. But, the cost of these bags was prohibitive for us. Two sets would have meant spending around $3,000 or more!)

Airlines' measurements of bags include all outer pieces. Hard handles, for example, can't be flattened like the soft ones on TravelPro cases. We didn't want to give up more packing room in lieu of the handles' space. The handles really do assist in lifting larger bags and were a necessary feature to us.

Frequently, outer pockets are almost useless. They're too small for most items. The TravelPro's outer pockets are easily zipped open and can hold a substantial amount of things.

Color was important to us, too. No more black, we insisted. It's darn near impossible to locate your own luggage in a sea of similar-looking pieces. We like the blue fabric we selected. While it doesn't stand out like the screaming neon luggage we've seen, it does make spotting your own bags much easier.

So far, we have used our luggage on international and domestic flights, cruises, and car trips. Would we buy TravelPro again? Most definitely, yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to pack too much!, October 18, 2012
This is an awesome bag (attractive, sturdy, very light weight - even the cab driver commented). I've been taking it on back-to-back 10-12 day European business trips for the last 3 months and it is holding up great.

My only problem is that this 29" bag would easily hold 70 pounds worth of clothing and the limit (for me at least) is 50! When it is packed with only 50 pounds of stuff it is kind of empty, but it hasn't seemed to get damaged due to being "under-packed."

The spinner wheels work really well. I also have the 20" spinner, which is perfect for me for a long flight carry-on...and I just ordered the 25", which will probably be "just right" for the airline weight limit. I have absolutely no problem managing my big bag, plus the carry-on spinner, plus my big purse all at the same time walking long distances through airports.

Recommend this TravelPro 100%!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and light!, November 21, 2012
Trisha C "TC" (Tampa Bay, Florida) - See all my reviews
Bought this suitcase to replace a 10 year old 2-wheeled case. First thing I noticed was how light the case is.. great for packing a few extras without going over the usual 50lb limit. The 4 wheels roll smoothly and pushing or pulling was nearly effortless... perfect for older or compromised arms, elbows and wrists. I am very happy with this case and have already ordered the matching pieces to be ready for any travel situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Durable!!, January 24, 2013
Lisa (Frisco, Tx) - See all my reviews
Love this suitcase! Very lightweight yet built sturdy! Shopped in store and online and found this to be the best deal and product out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIfesaver on recent trip to Europe when winter cold weather required heavy clothing, December 28, 2012
PAB (sacramento CA USA) - See all my reviews
While I still got nailed with overweight luggage, such was not a smuch as it would have otherwise...while I have other TP luggage this lighter weight luggage with spinner wheels is a pure delight to deal with through airports etc......now sort of wish I had it in all sizes! ah well..it will get a lot of use in future trips...really recommend this luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, April 20, 2013
This bag weighs exactly 10pounds and 2 ounces empty. Two pounds lighter than my other two bags that are of the same size. The maneuverability is fantastic. The material quality is good and the telescoping handle seems quite sturdy. I am very pleased with the purchase and it will soon undergo its first travel test of a 12 hour flight. I expect it to fare well. Travelpro has always been a reliable company. I am still using my bags that I purchased 20 years ago!. I had a problem with a zipper once, and they immediately fixed it. Just wish that the bag was made in the U.S.A. instead of China. It is impossible to find USA made luggage anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Travel Pro suitcase, March 6, 2014
I received suitcase 2/7/14, left for ARUBA 2/15/14, on arrival found the back of suitcase rib pulled away from case, not made with any great strength. I called Travel Pro and told them of my problem so soon after purchase. I was told I would have to return them to a repair shop to be repaired at a cost of $33.00 to send and see if it was to be repaired under warranty. Unhappy with Travel Pro, I called Amazon was told they would send new case and send me a return label for damaged case. Great doing business with Amazon but will never buy anything from Travel Pro again. Terrible customer service as well as weak made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Luggage Ever, March 5, 2013
This luggage is so convienent,lightweight and high quality. The four rollers make it so easy to get from place to place (even when it's fully packed). This size was good for my week vacation (and I packed warm clothes,coats and boots). Just be careful when packing becasue you can easily go over the 50 pound limit as there is so much space in this thing. The color is very nice and is easy to spot at baggage claim. I have only taken this on two trips but I can tell that it is going to be very durable. This is our first set of TravelPro luggage and we will never buy anything else!

4.0 out of 5 stars spinner bag review, November 29, 2013
Grandma of four (NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This bag met all of our expectations, only problem was that it is supposed to be 29" in height, but is , in fact, 31" in height.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage, April 6, 2013
CSB (Cary, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent piece of luggage. It is very lightweight and well constructed. The bag itself is roomy with various pockets for smaller items.