Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 16, 2009
These are, the MOST delicious, dried cranberries we've ever bought! They are sweetened just enough, don't stick together in a lump, are just slightly juicy, have no preservatives AND taste great refrigerated! For those who are wondering, 4# just fits in a 1-gallon zip lock bag. On the box, it says a serving size is 1/3 cup and there are 45 servings. I will buy these again!
on July 10, 2007
This is certainly the best bargin I have run across in days. They are pkg wonderful and are very big and fresh...will buy again and again
on May 10, 2010
I bought these based on all the great reviews here. Maybe I just got a bad box, but mine were nothing like those described in all these other reviews! The cranberries were dry and tough. They were encrusted with sugar and sticky. Not very flavorful, and slightly stale tasting.

Before trying these I had bought the Oskri brand on a lightning deal, and they were great. Plump and flavorful. But expensive, so I tried these. No comparison at all! I'm going to toss these in the trash and go back to Oskri.
44 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 5, 2009
These are the very best dried cranberries you ever tasted! I like to use them in muffins and cookies in place of raisins, add them to a bowl of cereal, or a salad, or eat them right out of the box. A small handful kills the sweet tooth! If you bake with them, mix them into the dry ingredients before you mix them into the batter. This keeps them well distributed in the batter, AND in the finished product. This box is an excellent value, and you'll have no truble using them up. However, if you're concerned, you can freeze them for years. Cranberries high acid content keep them fresh. (I don't thaw them for baking.) FYI: You can get the very best fresh Pecans at Sunnyland Farms dot com, or fresh English Walnuts and Almonds at california-almonds dot com. The prices and shipping are very reasonable, and bigger orders are discounted, PLUS get on their email list for notices of NEW CROPS each year!
on December 24, 2007
These dried cranberries are excellent in baking and on salads. The freeze well. The online price beats the super market prices. Great product, great price!
on October 27, 2011
I've ordered these Traverse Bay Fruit Co. Dried Cranberries, 4-Pound Box from Amazon before and loved them. The most recent batch is completely different, though. Instead of the tart fruit flavor of before, these taste more like sugar than cranberry. They even have the crunchiness of crystallized sugar. Gross.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 6, 2016
I ordered these after subscribing to their blueberries and cherries for some time. I'd read a ton of great reviews and read up on information from the company's website.

They are listed to last 6 months in the pantry, 1 year+ in the refrigerator, and possibly indefinitely in the freezer. To our experience, they never last that long because we eat them so fast! All three we've tried are super yummy!

Ours arrived soft and fresh. They are sweet but not too sweet and they taste better than other dried cranberries we've had. My husband agreed and we had to fight to not eat more than a handful at a time. These are also the most tart cranberries we've had.

I package some in small snack size zip lock bags, for my husband to take with cashews or whatever snacks, with his lunches... Then split the remaining cranberries into 4 bags and put them in the refrigerator.

We have family members who've had to endure kidney stones (ouch!) so everyone eats them since cranberries are good for prevention. We usually give a pound or so to a few of our family members too since we do have 4 pounds...

If you want another way to get your PAC's in (what's in cranberries that makes them purifying and you can read a bit more about them there), we also love and recommend these, PACt Water, Pomegranate, Power of 50 Cranberries, Naturally Sweetened, 10 Calories per 16 Ounce Bottle (Pack of 12)

These berries are good in cereal and well, everything! No need to go on about it. Buy with confidence. Smile. Hope this is helpful!
review image review image
on January 16, 2014
First of all I really love the taste of these things hence the 5 stars.

Now on to the confusing part.

While munching on these when I first received and opened the box. I had the box setting in front of me so having nothing else to do at that moment I proceeded to read the box. I first read the Nutrition Facts and Ingredients info. Turned the box to the right not much to read there, turned again to the front not much there either. So I turned it one more time ah! a little bit of reading. I read the blurb of how Traverse Bay has been in business since 1973. Then moved over to the next column and came across this bit:

Great Tasting
Perfect for Salads, Baking,
Desserts & Snacks
_______________

Provides Heart=Health Benefits as
Part of a Balanced Diet
Good Source of Vitamin A

Whoa there didn't I just read under Nutrition Facts Vitamin A 0%

I flipped the box back to the nutrition side and sure enough Vitamin A 0%.

Well now kinda makes one wonder about what else is in conflict on labels out there.

Anyway it's not a big issue with me, (note I didn't deduct any stars)
I originally got these, (along with other dried fruits) because of my minor irritation from High Fructose Corn Syrup, (that is in most every thing sweet, (and other wise) on the grocery shelf now days), that and an/a consummate sweet tooth. With these using sugar instead, filled that bill.

Over all I'm happy with this produce. I just mentioned this because I noticed it, no other reason.

Harold.........(:>))
on July 10, 2015
"Don't judge a book by its cover" also applies to these tasty cranberries. From the looks of it, it seems like a 3rd grader put them together in a plastic bag for sale on his juice stand to make extra cash on the side. Taste wise, these are excellent, fresh, and versatile enough to be added to various types of meals (salads, granola, etc.).

My only issue with this is the added sugar, but nowadays its near impossible to find 'pure' berries. I would give it 6 stars if it was sugar-free. The reason for 5 stars: I'd much rather buy a product that has sugar added than something that claims to have 50% less sugar, but contains some ridiculous syrup. Also, the packaging means that once you receive it, you must transfer it to another container to maintain freshness.

I've lost count of how many times I've bought these over the years for myself and extended family members who keep requesting to send them "my cranberries".

Tip: soak them overnight to drain out the extra sugar.

Ps. These guys also have blueberries that are pretty much identical to these, except they are blueberries.
on February 11, 2014
I bought this for my elderly mother to help prevent UTI's. I know that's not the best reason for this review but it's true. She eats them by the handful and the 4lbs last her about 5-6 months. She freezes what she doesn't need. I really don't think she knows that I buy this for her health but whatever works. She has told me over the years that she truly likes these and looks forward to the next order when she runs out. Yes I am the good son.....lol.