5.0 out of 5 stars A great and very entertaining how to get the bad cops story
After closing a case as primary Detective Peabody is on a roll and excited for more. But when she overhears two cops talking about illegal activities and murder she is shocked.
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is furious when she learns what Peabody overheard because she hates nothing more than cops who misuse their power to steal and kill. Together with the cops she trusts and...
Published on February 16, 2011 by Tester

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)? Treachery In Death
I have read all of the "In Death" Series by J.D. Robb, and until Treachery In Death and Indulgence In Death I just loved every one of them. I totally agree with the reviews that say there must be a ghost writer. I am very disappointed, because at first I thought it was "me". Then I realized the writing was not J.D. Robb's. PLEASE J.D Robb come back!

I will...
Published on August 27, 2011 by Diane

‹ Previous | 116 17 1835 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfying Cat Fight, December 10, 2012
I have read all of the Eve Dallas and Roarke books, and while I enjoyed all the books this is the one book that I have taken time to give a shout out for. I just finished this last night and gave it a pat before setting it down. A few of the reasons I liked it--1. Fast paced, the plot was not dragged out for days. 2. Plenty of sound bites (for a book) good job to Nora Roberts on the great dialogue. 3. Peabody and Dallas' relationship was very "girl power". 4. Lots of good help from Roarke and the rest of the characters. 5. It was so great to see Eve go up against a contemporary/co-equal strong female cop, very satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars treachery in death, November 27, 2012
I have been collecting as many of J.D. Robb's death series books that I can find. I love her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars J.D.Robb books are the bomb!, November 8, 2012
Jaguar7 (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
I love all the J.D. Robb books. This is a definite buy - a real thriller you cannot put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treachery in Death, very good story, October 28, 2012
Karen Ball (La Fayette, GA, US) - See all my reviews
Treachery in Death was one of my favorite of the "In Death" series. It was intriguing till the end, I had to finish the book before I could get anything done. Treachery was a really good read, I enjoyed it enough to want to read it again. Good story, great book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Investment!, October 15, 2012
Here's how you know you're invested in a series' characters: In the beginning of the book one of the main characters was in a really REALLY bad situation that could have gone bad in many ways. The bad things that could have happened to her had me so disturbed that I actually set the book aside for a couple of days because I didn't want her to go through the bad thing.

I really enjoyed this book. It was complicated, had the usual bits of humor and ass-kicking that I've come to expect from the series. Really satisfying all around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another slam dunk!, October 8, 2012
Another slam dunk by JD Robb!

I have always been a Nora Roberts fan, and have been hooked on this series since inception, barely able to contain my excitement for each new release as they come. I love her writing style, and the stories are always fantastic. #32 is no different. I generally give all her In Death books a 5 star because they deserve it in my opinion, but I will say the ending of this one was a bit anticlimactic, so if I could rate it a 4.5, I would. My favorite part of all her novels in this series is the endings, in the way she writes how Eve gathers the evidence and brings the entire case to a head, then brings it down with a slam dunk during a heated interrogation in Interview with the perp(s). While I thoroughly enjoyed the bickering, fighting, and sparring between Eve and Renee, I felt a little cheated that we didn't get to see Eve wield her interrogation superiority in Interview against Renee.

Also, Nadine Furst was only barely mentioned on 1 or 2 pages in the entire book. I think it would've been great to have her in this book quite a bit more, to help with the whistle-blowing and media backlash. So, I did find myself missing that. While baby Bella and Mavis were in this book, again, it was for only a small fraction of pages, and I miss those connections. Same for Louise & Charles. While these characters are all considered "minor" in Robb's books, I feel they are part of Eve's "core group" and they just don't seem to have that big of appearances in the newer books in the series anymore, which is disappointing.

I would like to see a few "back to basics" that include all of the minor characters that she had in the first 10-15 books (like maybe a crazy stalker who is fixated on Eve and wants to wipe her existence and everyone she is friends with off the face of the Earth). That would be one hell of a good book, watching Eve take the threat down. Then, we also don't lose the familiarity of those characters and how they relate to Eve as this series continues on. She had something very similar to this with the perp who tried going after Nadine, but it would be fun to read one where ALL her contacts and friends were targets. But, all in all, it was definitely a solid 4.5 and fantastically easy read, as they usually are and I loved it! Can't wait for #33!

5.0 out of 5 stars treachery in death, September 30, 2012
This book was a nail-biter!! As always, J.D. Robb is the best suspense novel author!! I have all her books and will get then as she writes them. Never a disapppointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Futuristic cop thriller., September 16, 2012
This book is once again set in the future as are all Eve Dallas thrillers. This one is about a corrupt department within the New York PD. An overheard conversation sparkes it all off. The details of the story I will leave you the reader to discover, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and have no hesitation in saying that if you have not read this author - do so. She is also known as Nora Roberts BTW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way to go, Peabody!, September 8, 2012
Tom B "Tom B" (New Port Richey, FL) - See all my reviews
Yes, Peabody comes into her own in this book. Excellently written, as all the others in the In Death series. Excellent plot line and character development. Focused and riveting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 6, 2012
JD Robb never goes wrong. Always a winner. Consistent characters, each of which seems to develop a little deeper with each book.

‹ Previous | 116 17 1835 | Next ›

Treachery in Death
Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb (Hardcover - February 22, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01