Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FootSmart Treaded 100% Wool Slipper Socks
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size Name: Women's 9-10.5/Men's 8-9.5|Color: Black|Change
Price:$19.99+ Free shipping

on January 31, 2009
My dad is now into his third year and remains cancer-free after surgery, radiation and chemo for pancreatic cancer. It hasn't been an easy road. Truthfully, the chemo nearly killed him. He is slowly regaining his strength and spends 90% plus of his days inside the house. The last thing he needs to do is slip and fall. These wool slipper socks were bought with that in mind and are proving themselves to be his first line of defense against just that. The small tacky dots on the walking surface grip better than anything I've yet seen. He loves them. The wool socks are also thick and very well made, keeping his feet nice and warm. I highly recommend them for anyone, including diabetics, who spend many days around the house, hospital, nursing homes, etc. where they are seldom in shoes. In fact, he refuses to wear any of his slippers anymore. These wool slipper socks are the best purchases I've made in a long time. No regrets.
on January 7, 2008
Bought for husband who is very picky. Hates slipper, but wanted something loose and sturdy to hang around the house in during winter months. Brought many thing home with no success. Will order a second pair of these.
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2009
I've tried those cute little slipper with the small bits of rubber spots all over the bottom and they wear out fairly fast and even when new can slip. These socks have great big dots over the entire sole of the sock and they hold tight. They're a bit big on my feet but I just pull them up. When doing yogo poses like The Warrior on a slick wooden floor I don't find myself doing an increasing split until I give up or fall-- not fun at all.

I'd suggest these socks for anyone having problems with slippage when exercising, walking on slippery flooring, or need to be more confident that they won't fall. The sizing may create a problem for people with small feet (but their great for larger feet). However, a bit of sewing and they'll fit on a smaller foot, though I didn't have to resort to that.

Overall, these socks are excellent for my purposes which is to do yogo and other exercises on a slippery floor without my shoes and without becoming a danger to myself. Excellent traction.
on February 10, 2010
I was delighted with the quality of these FootSmart Men's / Women's Treaded 100% Wool Slipper Socks. They are made of a thick but not itchy wool. If they were a little cheaper, I'd buy another pair. The only thing I would change would be to have the white treads on the bottom be black and not white, since the wool is a charcoal black. I wish they'd been manufactured locally, but at least they're from Germany and not China.
on January 21, 2010
These slipper socks are not your everyday variety. The are very well made, heavy weight,nice traction sole and very soft and wash well to. Dont waste your money on cheap slipper socks. You need to try these you wont be sorry!
I suffer from cold feet and these are the best socks I ever had. I actually keep a basket with non-skid socks in the living room so that I always have a pair on hand should I need them. I have tried the soft fuzzy acrylic ones, cotton socks, you name it. But these are by far the best and they warm up my feet the fastest. Nothing beats 100 % wool to combat freezing tootsies - I am so glad I found these. The wool is thick, they are very well made and after months of securely trotting around in them on hardwood and tile floors they don't show any signs of wear (or tear!).

I really should start thinking about having a sock basket in every room and fill them with these... :-)
on December 10, 2009
These socks are so soft & the nonskid dots on the bottom are sticky enough to prevent you from slipping on hard surfaces but don't catch and feel gummy on carpeting. Keeps my toes warm & toasty I even sleep in them!
on December 16, 2014
Very warm and thick without being too thick.

The dots are a kind of thick and take some real getting used to.

There were odd fibers woven in to the wool that were coarse and not so nice. You have to pull these out. Boo. That said once that was done. I am good with them and will not be returning them.

Would I order another pair? Maybe if I could not find another pair of wool slipper socks with grips.
on February 16, 2015
They are shrinking in the dryer since they're wool, so don't know how long I'll be able to wear them, but how long would it take wool socks to dry via the air? They were also a little large for me before I shrunk them. But they are warm...
on January 6, 2015
My husband was looking for an alternative to slippers and saw these in a catalog. I got them for him for Christmas. They are heavy, with really solid gripper dots, and warm. He is very happy with these.